Server lag

stunoma.

Grandmaster
Been pretty nuts lately. Any reason. I dont get why the best ping i ever get on this server is 140 from a texas server. But not im pinging avg like 210 best.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Tell me about it, I am averaging 350 while running.. Kinda makes things that little more difficult to survive :(.

halygon

Grandmaster
We did have some crazy ice/snow going on here in Texas, but it is declining now.. The worst already happened two days ago. It is doubtful that this is the cause of your lag.

C

Carl

Where the server is located the ice has not yet cleared up and actually got the worst of it. Hopefully within the next 2-3 days things should improve if not let us know.

stunoma.

Grandmaster
hmm well my problem been for a long time now..But now its extremely bad. Ill keep posted. Wondering if anyone else in the east is getting the same problem.

Tunchii

Apprentice
hmm well my problem been for a long time now..But now its extremely bad. Ill keep posted. Wondering if anyone else in the east is getting the same problem.
Sadly this is the same for me. Only flaw with this shard. I do however see it getting fixed soon hopefully.

Hunter

Novice
I'm from Asia and lately there were indeed quite a few lag spikes from time to time.
Other than that, the speed of the server is already better than the other large UO servers out there.
Thanks to UOF!

K A Z

Grandmaster
Where the server is located the ice has not yet cleared up and actually got the worst of it. Hopefully within the next 2-3 days things should improve if not let us know.

thanks for replying, Carl. I'm completly alright with my normal ping + lowerping but yesterday it was just fully ********. I still think that a Shard like this should offer better service for east coast US players, though. I'm talking to alot of 'em and what I hear, especially from the NYC area, is unbelievable. Those guys ping the same if not worse than us Euro players - for me that would be unacceptable.

Deathrow

Apprentice
^^^ Couldn't agree more... I am in Canada - Vancouver and ping 150-300 at best to UO:F. UOG uoforever I ping 60 and never lag at all... Ping makes or brakes the game especially when all you do is PVP.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Shane

I'm in canada as well, i was a bit laggy last night actually first time in awhile. We will keep an eye on it i am sure it is from the Ice Storms their getting.

K A Z

Grandmaster
most of it.. but big parts of the eastern US actually ping rather shit ALL time of year.