Several unknowns...

DocOp

Adept
First off, about those crystal fragment items I get in destard. I know they give you a small chance at a relic to appear in your bank when the boss dies. Do I have to be online? I would imagine I would need to be, but I want to make sure so I know when best to turn them in.

Second, barding deeds. You get like, an armored mount? How does keeping it alive work? Or, is everyone so baller they just ride around on disposable 300k?

Third, explosion pots. I'm not understanding....is it against rules to make the macro do the throw timing for you? I thought it was but am uncertain if people don't do it cause you risk blowing yourself up, or if it's not allowed.

Finally, high end fashion items. I think it's cool and have seen items in the past that I may have purchased. Although, I'm more of functionality over fashion kind of guy. How can I be certain of items that can take an armor patch as oppose to ones that cannot? Is it trial and error? Layer deeds and so on as well

Any help appreciated,

Expendable

Master
1. No you don't have to be online, it will go in your bank regardless.

2. With valorite barding deed for example you get 20% damage mitigation. Yes they break, but it takes quite a while.

3. Auto pot throwers are supposed to be against the rules, but it's very hard to enforce so it often isn't.

4. Layer deeds are slotted for specific items from dono vendor so they're pretty self explanatory. As far as vet armor patches they can either go on robes or capes, "torso" is for robes, not sure what the language is for the cape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drasked

Grandmaster
Don't have to be online.

Same as meta or other valuable pets, pet balls i would assume.

It is not against the rules to script throwing purple pots, it is made difficult by the random timer (either 4 or 3 seconds) but can be done via steam by using the waitforjournal command. Also it's generally considered a kind person move.

Not fully sure on the last one.

DocOp

Adept
I forgot one

How does a vanq +25 stack up to using a slayer. Disregarding their prices as a factor. I want to know damage stats. For example, if I have a vanq +25, is that better to use than a earth shatter vs deep earth eles? Let's assume he slayer is a crafted one, not found.

drasked

Grandmaster
I forgot one

How does a vanq +25 stack up to using a slayer. Disregarding their prices as a factor. I want to know damage stats. For example, if I have a vanq +25, is that better to use than a earth shatter vs deep earth eles? Let's assume he slayer is a crafted one, not found.

I could not give you exact numbers but exceptional slayer seems far superior to a vanq +25, i was able to get almost twice the damage on hits with a slayer.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
First off, about those crystal fragment items I get in destard. I know they give you a small chance at a relic to appear in your bank when the boss dies. Do I have to be online? I would imagine I would need to be, but I want to make sure so I know when best to turn them in.

Second, barding deeds. You get like, an armored mount? How does keeping it alive work? Or, is everyone so baller they just ride around on disposable 300k?

Third, explosion pots. I'm not understanding....is it against rules to make the macro do the throw timing for you? I thought it was but am uncertain if people don't do it cause you risk blowing yourself up, or if it's not allowed.

Finally, high end fashion items. I think it's cool and have seen items in the past that I may have purchased. Although, I'm more of functionality over fashion kind of guy. How can I be certain of items that can take an armor patch as oppose to ones that cannot? Is it trial and error? Layer deeds and so on as well

Any help appreciated,
Swamp dragon is about 300k, you can bond it by feeding it once to start the bonding and then again 7 days later to complete the bond or by using a Pet Bond deed which can be purchased on the donation vendor.

You will be able to rez the pet of it dies only if it is bonded.

You may also purchase a pet ball which is a blessed item that you must link to your pet to recover it if you become separated. It will be returned to you when you use it by teleporting it to your location. It can be dead or alive.

The bonding deeds that can be added are similar to armor/weapons and must be repaired or they will break and disappear and you will lose that 300k. Only a legendary smith may repair these, they cannot be repaired by any other character or deed.

DocOp

Adept
Thank you guys for responding with that knowledge. I do have some new ones for you.
I want to be certain before I start this tailor, but is it a good idea to have tailor and smithy on same character? Ill want to be able to get BODs for both at the same time, instead of go to smith and get a BOD only to go to tailor and get 'wait for X hours'. When I log for a BOD run, will I be able to do them both at once? Or will I have to choose one at a time every 5 hours?