@Shane You asked for constructive suggestions.

i can never buy my head back in dungeons...

no idea

Here's your ticket to Red Trammel. No consequences ever, besides a 35k, which is meaningless for everyone at this point.

RedTrammel.PNG

BEN!

Grandmaster
30k is not an incentive for anything. The point of bounty's is consequences for being a murderer, currently there is zero consequence.

A big topic right now is Champ Raiding. Right now, even if a blue guild fought off a zerg red raid, all those reds have to do is restock and come try again until they win.

Blues need a way to put reds out of the fight as UO always intended. Consequences... there should be some for being red. #EndRedTrammel

you get a head and you just made more $ then you would at 90% of champ spawns. and it doesn't take an hour to complete... With character creation being so easy statting somebody is not going to stop em, they will have plenty of other characters to kill you with... all you accomplish is annoying them so in turn they annoy blues with griefing and you got yourself a sweet cycle of toxicity.

How does getting statted on a boat work? your body gets sunk and you don't have to worry about it? seems kinda hypocritical?

you get a head and you just made more $ then you would at 90% of champ spawns. and it doesn't take an hour to complete... With character creation being so easy statting somebody is not going to stop em, they will have plenty of other characters to kill you with... all you accomplish is annoying them so in turn they annoy blues with griefing and you got yourself a sweet cycle of toxicity.

Always the excuse of "We'll just make more characters." Good, then fucking do it. The point is making it harder for reds. Right now its too fucking easy. Zero consequences, zero chance for blues to meaningfully fight back.

How does getting statted on a boat work? your body gets sunk and you don't have to worry about it? seems kinda hypocritical?

No your body doesn't sink wtf? Your body (and head) can be picked up. But any pirate that stats another pirate has a special place saved for them in Davy Jones Locker.

BEN!

Grandmaster
Here's your ticket to Red Trammel. No consequences ever, besides a 35k, which is meaningless for everyone at this point.

RedTrammel.PNG

claiming 35k is meaningless to everyone makes you sound like a entitled douchebag. 35k would mean the world to archersnon, so why aren't you donating to him? i mean if you can't afford it.....

Shortbus

Grandmaster

Getting statted from a boat is the same as getting statted on land. Stat is stat.

Die on a boat your body is on top of the water and can be picked up by the other boat.

If you didnt use Sallos and knew all about the other aspects of the game rather than set target offscreen and ebolt rail you would know this.

Last edited by a moderator:

BEN!

Grandmaster
Your arguments are shit and making you look dumb, just stop.

sweet, a toxic trammy

if you don't want $ and take pleasure in statting reds then why are you crying when those reds turn around and take pleasure in grieving blues? like i said toxic cycle.

i see you coming to the no cut looking for fights.... why would you think its a good idea to stat reds there? what incentive do they have to show up? i'm sorry if you don't win many fights, but it's toxic to think a red should get statted if he dies where as the only risk you run is losing 2k in stock

diminished

Grandmaster
Im totally excited about all the time and effort staff put into this new content.

I dont understand why anyone wouldnt be?
All the other content is excellent. I don't really see many people participating in kingdoms though. Even with incentives for the non pvpers. It will probably be as dead as factions if not more. Having only 2 kingdoms promotes the worst kind of pvp that will further deter the less experienced pvpers.

halygon

Grandmaster
My first suggestion would be to look deeper into the red population that has grown in numbers. Although I disagree with the three account rule it is too late to reverse this rule, however one can implement changes that would balance this out. I propose implementing a full out OSI stat system for murderers. They are murderers, treat them accordingly. If one wishes to rez while deep in murders without macroing off counts then one loses 1/3 of their skills. I believe you should move to the OSI rules: 8 hours for a short term count and 40 hours for a long term count. I believe this would weed out some of the wanna be pks.
We have discussed going to perma stat before (actually multiple times), but when it comes down to it, perma stat means either 1) Players are going to just macro up characters skills in a couple hours instead of wait for counts or 2) they are going to leave. It will curb PKs for sure, but at what cost? A pretty high one.

I would also like to suggest that the no cut zone is anything but "felucca ruleset". If one wants to become a vile player then let him be treated as such. Do away with the no cut zone, make it to where any place you go there is a chance you will lose skill points. Us PvPers voice our opinions about not wanting trammel so often, but what we are not realizing is that it's in our own back yards.
We originally had no no-cut zones, it ended up with blues vs reds at WBB bridge and nothing else. Adding in the no-cut zone has created tons of PvP around the whole brit area. While it is a bit red-trammy, it is effective.

FACTION CAPS, please and thank you. I thought this worked out well on OSI. I don't know if it is implemented here, but my guess would be no. Too often I would see Minax outnumbering any other single faction. Say if CoM has only ten members total make it to where people can't stack SL to where they have 30. Cap factions.
I think this issue will be resolved in Kingdoms for sure.

My last suggestion would be to train some of your colleagues to act in a professional manner. Shane, I donate and I expect you and everyone of your staff to treat this server and us in a professional manner. I and other donators are literally making it to where you earn your income off creating this wonderful game. I do not wish to see that taken for granted.
Please PM me names and examples.

All the other content is excellent. I don't really see many people participating in kingdoms though. Even with incentives for the non pvpers. It will probably be as dead as factions if not more. Having only 2 kingdoms promotes the worst kind of pvp that will further deter the less experienced pvpers.
Not sure you understand how kingdoms is gonna work - Although I think folks like you will love it.

Oh and @Cerebellum for honorable mention for idolizing me in his signature.

We have discussed going to perma stat before (actually multiple times), but when it comes down to it, perma stat means either 1) Players are going to just macro up characters skills in a couple hours instead of wait for counts or 2) they are going to leave. It will curb PKs for sure, but at what cost? A pretty high one.

Why is it Perma or nothing? Remove Auto-Buy back and allow people to temp stat based on murder counts etc.. as was always intended.

sweet, a toxic trammy

if you don't want $ and take pleasure in statting reds then why are you crying when those reds turn around and take pleasure in grieving blues? like i said toxic cycle.

i see you coming to the no cut looking for fights.... why would you think its a good idea to stat reds there? what incentive do they have to show up? i'm sorry if you don't win many fights, but it's toxic to think a red should get statted if he dies where as the only risk you run is losing 2k in stock

I never said remove Brit no-cut. That area is fine. You seem to be forgetting the fact that reds are red because they forced non-consensual pvp on blues against thier will and should therefore suffer consequences if killed (temporary stat, or bounty buyback with agreed price). If there is no consequence of being red then there is no point to red/blue in the first place, might as well just make it FFA.

No perma stat. But no auto-buyback either. 30k is a pointless and meaningless penalty at this point.
Remove the $ cap all together on bounties. They either pay requested price or they sit for X hours.

#EndRedTrammel

Just tested and Auto-Buyback will save the murderer from Stat Loss, but doesn't actually take 35k from their banks (as long as they have 35k+ to begin with and the box checked)... All this time, zero consequences, zero bug reports?

#EndRedTrammel

@Shane @halygon