@Shane You asked for constructive suggestions.

BEN!

Grandmaster
Just tested and Auto-Buyback will save the murderer from Stat Loss, but doesn't actually take 35k from their banks (as long as they have 35k+ to begin with and the box checked)... All this time, zero consequences, zero bug reports?

@Shane @halygon

hmmm, did you remember to type in "i wish to buy my head" in the 5 minute window? doesn't sound right to me. I've had to rush to the bank with 35k checks quite a few times.

hmmm, did you remember to type in "i wish to buy my head" in the 5 minute window? doesn't sound right to me. I've had to rush to the bank with 35k checks quite a few times.

Not clear on why that would make a difference, once the head is removed, the murderer has no say in the matter.

It was all done within the span of a minute:

1. Killed Red.
2. Cut head.
3. Immediately stated at guard. "Thanks for ridding Sosaria of the wretched scum etc..."
4. Zero Stat Loss on Red.
5. Resed and continued at full strength. Had exactly 100k in bank both before and after.

Last edited by a moderator:

BEN!

Grandmaster
Not clear on why that would make a difference, once the head is removed, the murderer has no say in the matter.

1. Killed Red.
2. Cut head.
3. Immediately stated at guard. "Thanks for ridding Sosaria of the wretched scum etc..."
5. Resed and continued at full strength. Had exactly 100k in bank both before and after.

you statted yourself. check your skills. just takes 5 minutes til it kicks in

BEN!

Grandmaster
No that's not what I explained, it was not my account....

Oh ok. when you said you tested it i assumed you did it to yourself... when you hand in the head i believe the gold is paid to gold sink, if you want it to go to your bank you have to send him an offer.

steve-o

Grandmaster

1. Killed Red.
2. Cut head.
seems strange

if the guy doesnt say "i wish to buy my head back" he will NEVER buy the head and he will go in statloss (he has 5 min)

that's how it works and im 100% sure about this

only problem is that sometimes if u stat people in dungeons they can still buy head (should be disabled)

BEN!

Grandmaster
seems strange

if the guy doesnt say "i wish to buy my head back" he will NEVER buy the head and he will go in statloss (he has 5 min)

that's how it works and im 100% sure about this

only problem is that sometimes if u stat people in dungeons they can still buy head (should be disabled)

yeah, i'm sure the murderer paid the $, all he saw was that it didn't go to his bank and he jumped to conclusions... when you turn in a head i am pretty sure any $ paid goes to gold sink

the buyback thing happens because certain dungeons don't register as dungeons (like fire temple... might be a t2a thing?). if you get someone somewhere like deceit i don't think they ever get an option to buy

steve-o

Grandmaster
yeah, i'm sure the murderer paid the $, all he saw was that it didn't go to his bank and he jumped to conclusions... when you turn in a head i am pretty sure any $ paid goes to gold sink

the buyback thing happens because certain dungeons don't register as dungeons (like fire temple... might be a t2a thing?). if you get someone somewhere like deceit i don't think they ever get an option to buy
1. im pretty sure 5k goes to gold sink 30 goes to your bankbox
got many many many gold from pks, but lately i didnt check

2. i killed people in deceit, shame, despise and could always buy head back (mostly power)

BEN!

Grandmaster
2. i killed people in deceit, shame, despise and could always buy head back (mostly power)

i think the newer areas like shame crystal eles / deciet 5 are on the list with fire temple and a few of the champ spawn areas (baracoon).... i know its a handful of places but can't list em

There could some other variable at play here, but I'm telling you guys zero stat zero money lost. I'll test it more this weekend.

ton loc

Master
Go for it -- bring on perma stat loss, I will consider it a victory for EQMS when a massive rule change like that is made because of crybabies unable to group up and defend themselves.
Rofl. This post sums up timmy's "used to be a fat piece of shit now I have a complex" issues perfectly.
Ruining/getting the server changed for the worse = victory.

Totally bro! High five!

Edit: there WAS a faction cap at one point, but it seems to have just mysteriously vanished.

Last edited by a moderator:

kurtis

Grandmaster
Perma stat is a ridiculous option for the mechanics of this server. Perma stat was thought up and implemented when there were no: stuns, paralyzing blows, homing explosion potions, brutal recall restrictions, crazy ass meta dragons, runic weapons, champions and other new mobs where you can almost insta die, stun tamers, etc etc. The list could go on for a long time. It's just too easy to die these days for that to be a viable option.

That said, I fully support harsher penalties for dying on a murderer. I personally never buy my heads back and sit out the two days just so there is some sort of reasonable consequence for dying on my character. But it's kind of lame that I have to self-punish to feel like I'm actually playing a proper murder system.

35K auto buyback is a joke. I think caps on bounties are unnecessary. And I think the 2-day max stat loss is too short.

Vet84eran

Neophyte
@halygon Do I really need to send you names of people that are being unprofessional? Just read the forums for yourself. You have men saying "just giving you a taste of your own medicine". Straighten your men up. GMs aren't there to interact in this way. Don't forget that the people of this shard are the reason you Developers/GMs have a job. Go ahead and keep taking it for granted.

BEN!

Grandmaster
@halygon Do I really need to send you names of people that are being unprofessional? Just read the forums for yourself. You have men saying "just giving you a taste of your own medicine". Straighten your men up. GMs aren't there to interact in this way. Don't forget that the people of this shard are the reason you Developers/GMs have a job. Go ahead and keep taking it for granted.

damn, 6 days old and already telling em how to run things.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Perma stat is a ridiculous option for the mechanics of this server. Perma stat was thought up and implemented when there were no: stuns, paralyzing blows, homing explosion potions, brutal recall restrictions, crazy ass meta dragons, runic weapons, champions and other new mobs where you can almost insta die, stun tamers, etc etc. The list could go on for a long time. It's just too easy to die these days for that to be a viable option.

That said, I fully support harsher penalties for dying on a murderer. I personally never buy my heads back and sit out the two days just so there is some sort of reasonable consequence for dying on my character. But it's kind of lame that I have to self-punish to feel like I'm actually playing a proper murder system.

35K auto buyback is a joke. I think caps on bounties are unnecessary. And I think the 2-day max stat loss is too short.

Why can't everyone have this same mentality? It would seriously reduce a lot of hate around here.. Well done for being open and honest about this. Definite thumbs up.

halygon

Grandmaster
Actually yes you do need to pm them.

These forums have too much content for me to review it all. I probably read more threads than anyone else on UOF but I am not clear what you are referring to.

I need to know what you are upset about and who did it before I can take action.

We delete posts like yours all the time because while you may be 100% legit, there are people jumping from other shards coming here to stir up trouble when there isn't any so that UOF looks bad.

We do not have corrupt staff here, nor do we have favoritism, and above all, we take action if staff is accused of something as our player base must be able to trust staff.

Reality

Expert

Why can't everyone have this same mentality? It would seriously reduce a lot of hate around here.. Well done for being open and honest about this. Definite thumbs up.

Agreed!

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
#EndRedTrammel

RedTrammel.PNG

Soul Mate

Grandmaster
Actually yes you do need to pm them.

These forums have too much content for me to review it all. I probably read more threads than anyone else on UOF but I am not clear what you are referring to.

I need to know what you are upset about and who did it before I can take action.

We delete posts like yours all the time because while you may be 100% legit, there are people jumping from other shards coming here to stir up trouble when there isn't any so that UOF looks bad.

We do not have corrupt staff here, nor do we have favoritism, and above all, we take action if staff is accused of something as our player base must be able to trust staff.

Do you have a active player on the server?

If so what is the names you go by.

There is a very good reason I am asking and I will tell you once you answer.