Skill scrolls for pets

With the new changes to pets gaining skills, how about allowing pets to use skills scrolls. Double click on skill scroll you can check an option to be used on pets. This would increase the market for magery and resist skill scrolls

Opentun

Adept
First off i have a tamer. This will just help the banksitting population. People will have no need to go out and risk letting their pets die. And will just negate the taming change they did because people will care less about their pets again cuz they can just drop a scroll on their pet after death and they are gtg.

Don't see them doing this unless they drop new rare drop pet skill scrolls or they let you drop a taming ss on your pet and it regains 1% across the board.

halygon

Grandmaster
Yeah, I agree with @Opentun. Skill scrolls for pets? Cool idea. Use the same skill scrolls that players have been hording for a year and are common drops? No thanks.

Pets should have their own skill scrolls and they would need to have their own rarity accordingly. It would be way too easy for me to tame a new pet, then use my surplus of magery/resist/etc skill scrolls to 7x my pet in 10 minutes.

The +1 to all pet skills with a single skill scroll is also a good idea and would cut down on the numerous amounts of skill scroll types out there -- but it would have to be a rare drop to be balanced.

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
I'm training my tamer and am only in my 50's of skill, but really I just don't like this idea at all. Some caveats to it can be avoided like the posters above me are saying but I think they should just continue balancing the skill-loss system rather than do this, it detracts from the lifestyle of playing a tamer IMO

K A Z

Grandmaster
I'd suggest a trade-in for normal skillscrolls in order to get those pet skillscrolls. Staff would need to be careful, though. On other Shards such scrolls led to Poisoning on Mares etc.

steve-o

Grandmaster
I'm training my tamer and am only in my 50's of skill, but really I just don't like this idea at all. Some caveats to it can be avoided like the posters above me are saying but I think they should just continue balancing the skill-loss system rather than do this, it detracts from the lifestyle of playing a tamer IMO
my dragon & ww were 7x.... now they have 80 resist and 90 magery...

with the new changes on pet skill loss it's really hard to train them (mostly if you use them in pvp :D)... you will see

K A Z

Grandmaster
my dragon & ww were 7x.... now they have 80 resist and 90 magery...

with the new changes on pet skill loss it's really hard to train them (mostly if you use them in pvp :D)... you will see

thats the point. Keeping pets out of PVP.

steve-o

Grandmaster
why keep them out of pvp? it's part of the game :)

it takes much more time training them then making 20k for the summon charge

K A Z

Grandmaster
why keep them out of pvp? it's part of the game :)

it takes much more time training them then making 20k for the summon charge

but its a rather crappy part of the game. Shane has said from the start that UOF shall not be home to wands, bolas or for that matter, tamer PVP. I don't agree 100% with that policy, but this is what he had in mind for UOF.

steve-o

Grandmaster
ye i remember what shane said since the start and the only real bad thing was uoforever bola pvp tamer... everything else is part of the game

K A Z

Grandmaster
ye i remember what shane said since the start and the only real bad thing was uoforever bola pvp tamer... everything else is part of the game

seems like he recently changed his mind, though ;)

anyways, back to topic. Enough tamer threads already out there. Idea was and is good and should be, if not exactly like OP's idea, implented.