Skill Unexpectedly Lowered

Googs

Apprentice
Hello,

Has anybody ever experienced their skills lowering for no apparent reason?

I am building my stealth skill and lowering my fishing skill. My lockpicking skill is set to the up arrow and was at 95.6 real. While building stealth and lowering fishing I lost connection overnight and when I logged in in the morning my lockpicking skill was 94.6 real. Then I macro for an hour and afterwards I logged out and logged back in and lockpicking went down AGAIN and is now 94.2.

I never clicked the down arrow once to lower lockpicking. this is horrible since lockpicking is very difficult to build and it took about 40 paragon chests to go from 95 to 95.6.

I paged a GM in-game two hours ago and have not received a response.

Does anybody have any idea what is happening here?

Googs

limlight

Grandmaster
Well..if it wasnt a server revert....and your positive you arent getting real skill and actual mixed..there isnt much to say. 100 times out of 100 its something stupid they did. The game isnt going to magically lower your skill. Sounds like you were doing some up and down arrow play and goofed. The only time in my 10 plus years of osi where my wrong skill went down it was because i had a brain fart.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
This happens. Sometimes when you click in the skill menu on UO, the arrow will move (or even NOT move) but will send the info to the server that it has changed. If you click outside of the skill scroll, you'll notice the arrow will switch as if you clicked it. I always like to make sure of this before training if I adjust anything (I think doing the skill changes through Razor is pretty safe because it doesn't risk a buggy gump on the skill scroll).

Googs

Apprentice
Thanks for the responses guys. That is interesting and I thought maybe it could be the server response issue, but then I remembered that the game lowers your skills alphabetically based on all skills with arrow pointed down that have real skill to lose. Since I have fishing that would be lowered before lockpicking (and fishing has always been on down arrow), I am sure that it is not a matter of the arrow.

This is a strange glitch. I have been waiting almost four hours on my GM page so hopefully they respond soon and then I can log out and log back in to see if I lost more lockpicking. Earlier today I noticed my lockpicking went to 95 from 95.6 and thought I MUST have made a dumb mistake. But then I logged out and logged back in and it went down again. I know I didn't do anything to make that happen the second time, I didn't even gain any other skill...

Anyways, thanks for trying to help. I will let you know if a GM responds.

Kind Regards,
Googs