Slayer Spellbooks? Ever?

I'm wondering why,?

I did a spawn lastnight and was curious I did like 700 damage to the champ. Now if scrolls are based on damage to the champ and not looting rights then we should really consider helping out mages, even slayer alchy pots would be nice.

Hugsforpeace

Apprentice
You could have a slayer of each type have a random drop chance from each spawn >.>

Coon-Repond
Riki- Reptile
Meph- Arachnid
ect
ect
ect

Everyone should be able to get these spell books for the right price. I just don't understand why mages don't get any spell damage increase for PVM,

Also we should have

Repond Exp pots
Undead Exp Pots
Reptile Exp Pots
and whatever other slayer exist that I'm to lazy to type out.

Im just saying!

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
I like the spellbooks, nay on the potions. It's already weird enough throwing a bomb potion at something, let alone 15 different types of bomb potions.

From the sounds of it the spellbooks are already out there, and will begin to circulate. A year from now every serious mage will have at least one. Are none of them blessed though? Is this confirmed?

Babethoven

Grandmaster
slayer spellbooks will always be a rare thing here

there is maybe if even barely double digit total slayer spellbooks on this shard and very highly doubt that number will even come close to being doubled this time next year

I mean technically, a mage is not considered a PVM build so I don't see how you expect to get alot of points unless your a nox mage with poison fields and casting evs the whole time which has been proven to work.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Yeah I don't see why mages should be able to match the dps of a dexxer. Heal and cast field spells, you're not a tank and shouldn't be able to hit like one.

I think if anything, slayer scrolls would be interesting.

Yeah I don't see why mages should be able to match the dps of a dexxer. Heal and cast field spells, you're not a tank and shouldn't be able to hit like one.

I think if anything, slayer scrolls would be interesting.

I completely agree with you mages are glass cannons. (take more damage but dish out more damage)

But we have better burst we should not be able to hit like a "Tank" we should be able to hit harder.

I’m not being unrealistic here… All you guys talk about pks killing defenses chars, well now here is a solution,. Even with slayer spell books a pure mage won’t be as viable as a bard or a dexxer or a tamer, they have too much down time. But at least we have a fucking shot at the champ spawn to get a powerscroll.

And on the reverse side,

247 comes in 15 deep on pks they laod their slayer spell books and are now able to secure the spawn and kill it.

Also be great for events, and Boss of the month. Everything and its just soo easy just allow Scribes to craft them, make it a Quest or a recipe that drops off a specific mob for each slayer, Or a BOD for scribes.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
I completely agree with you mages are glass cannons. (take more damage but dish out more damage)

But we have better burst we should not be able to hit like a "Tank" we should be able to hit harder.

I’m not being unrealistic here… All you guys talk about pks killing defenses chars, well now here is a solution,. Even with slayer spell books a pure mage won’t be as viable as a bard or a dexxer or a tamer, they have too much down time. But at least we have a fucking shot at the champ spawn to get a powerscroll.

And on the reverse side,

247 comes in 15 deep on pks they laod their slayer spell books and are now able to secure the spawn and kill it.

Also be great for events, and Boss of the month. Everything and its just soo easy just allow Scribes to craft them, make it a Quest or a recipe that drops off a specific mob for each slayer, Or a BOD for scribes.

I think slayer scrolls would accomplish all that, while adding a crafting activity for scribes.

I think that the rarity and high cost of slayer spellbooks will keep them being added to HAHAHAHAHHA

Oh man I almost made it through that last bit with a straight face. Almost.

Kaching

Master
I'm not sure what would be the best option, but I do think that this idea should be tossed around by the development team. It does make sense to implement something of this nature.

Babethoven

Grandmaster
only problem is... if you boost up mages even more, whats the point in using a tamer? a provo? a archer when you got slayer spells to go dominate champs, mobs, Motm.....

not that hard just to make a dexxer (1-2days) and progress your way to a tamer over the gold you accumulate over time.... :\

Kaching

Master
Other thing to contemplate also is tamers utilize magery... so tamer + slayer spell book would definitely be pretty powerful. The scrolls idea may be worthwhile, I dunno =/

Lexington

Grandmaster
Other thing to contemplate also is tamers utilize magery... so tamer + slayer spell book would definitely be pretty powerful. The scrolls idea may be worthwhile, I dunno =/

It's not powerful at all!

Any tamer that is out to do any serious PVM has taken on the Provocation skill…… and in doing so they do not have the room for both Eval and Med. Without magery, eval and meditation you can't do any serious DPS even with a slayer book. I know from personal experience... I don't even carry a slayer book on my tamer anymore as it's a waste.... :p