Smith Bulk order deed Questions

AssHat

Grandmaster
1) Can you turn in COMPLETED Smith/Tailor BODS at any time? OR does turning them in at ANY time reset when you are able to collect your next BOD???
example: i can collect a BOD now, but when i turn in a completed bod before the timer to collect my BOD, the collect bod resets.

2) Does having 100/GM skill in smith/tailor the same as 120/legendary when collecting BODs??
do you get better BODs having higher skill??

halygon

Grandmaster
1) Can you turn in COMPLETED Smith/Tailor BODS at any time? OR does turning them in at ANY time reset when you are able to collect your next BOD???
example: i can collect a BOD now, but when i turn in a completed bod before the timer to collect my BOD, the collect bod resets.

2) Does having 100/GM skill in smith/tailor the same as 120/legendary when collecting BODs??
do you get better BODs having higher skill??
#1 - Turning in a completed BOD does not affect the timer that allows you to get the next BOD from the NPC.
#2 - The higher your skills, the better chance at receiving exceptional/large BODs

Messremb

Grandmaster
#1 - Turning in a completed BOD does not affect the timer that allows you to get the next BOD from the NPC.
#2 - The higher your skills, the better chance at receiving exceptional/large BODs
You sure about these Hally?

Last I checked turning in a bod resets your timer so it's always best to turn in right after you receive a bod.

Also pretty sure there is no difference in bod quality from GM to 120. However at 120 you only have a 5 hour timer rather than a 6 hour timer.

AssHat

Grandmaster
ok, i know there is somehting wrong here, i just did this: "you can get a bod now", i turned in a filled deed, now i have to wait 6 hours.... so the first question/answer is wrong

and i would love to know the second so i dont have to waste the time from 100-120x4 just to get good bod rolls......

halygon

Grandmaster
You sure about these Hally?

Last I checked turning in a bod resets your timer so it's always best to turn in right after you receive a bod.

Also pretty sure there is no difference in bod quality from GM to 120. However at 120 you only have a 5 hour timer rather than a 6 hour timer.
Actually, I am wrong on #1. The BOD timer resets back to 6 hours when a BOD is turned in.

I am correct on #2 though.

AssHat

Grandmaster
can we get a % or value of difference? because to prove this would be almost impossible. i know 90% should be found out by the player, but this potentially be a HUGE gap that players need to know about.

example: 120 smith gets 20 LBODS a month
100 smith get 0-20 a month?

the difference in amount/quality/size also if that changes from 100-120?

also is it tiered then? 100,105,110,115,120 do you steadily get better quality as you level smithing/tailoring up??

Messremb

Grandmaster
Actually, I am wrong on #1. The BOD timer resets back to 6 hours when a BOD is turned in.

I am correct on #2 though.
Have you seen the code for #2. All the other bod collectors I know agree there is no difference in quality from GM to 120

halygon

Grandmaster
Have you seen the code for #2. All the other bod collectors I know agree there is no difference in quality from GM to 120
http://uoforum.com/threads/quick-question-about-real-skill-and-bods.48272/#post-310790
See Eppy's response.

Most BOD collectors run multple levels of tailors because there is use for the low end BoDS (normal low item count) so that they can receive a full range of tailoring BODS. For example, run tailors with 80, GM, and 120 tailoring to get a full range of BOD types.

For Smithy, there is no reason to have a range, so the goal would be to have legendary on all smiths that would be collecting BODs.

AssHat

Grandmaster
but then why at 120 do you get super low end rewards?

i dont think this is right, not even original uo was like this.

on my 120 tailor i get all across the board BODS even 10 n cap, this has to be same rolls as a 100.
people used to run odd levels 80 gm 100 120 maybe on other shards because it was so hard to level those skills, months even, so you were stocking up on low end BODS while gaining skill to use when you hit gm or higher to turn in

not on here, you can (if you have the gold or resources) gm or even 120 in under 48 hours easily, so the need for "low end bods" its only for items you might was personally or to sell, i wouldnt turn in 75% of bods due to the rewards. but how to get to that 75% is a must know especially if mechanics are changed/missing/ or possibly damage/ or its just the way you want it but give some vales.

also that ^^ link to guide and another post really beat around the bush, we need a good solid answer

Messremb

Grandmaster
I ran multiple bods runners for a long time. And I almost always got better pulls on my GM Smith than on my 120 smith. If there is a difference (doubtful) it is miniscule.

AssHat

Grandmaster
only reason i wanna know is i never did BOD aspect of UO and i wana do it right but not waste time and gold :) i will just stick to gm smiths

halygon

Grandmaster
but then why at 120 do you get super low end rewards?

i dont think this is right, not even original uo was like this.

on my 120 tailor i get all across the board BODS even 10 n cap, this has to be same rolls as a 100.
people used to run odd levels 80 gm 100 120 maybe on other shards because it was so hard to level those skills, months even, so you were stocking up on low end BODS while gaining skill to use when you hit gm or higher to turn in

not on here, you can (if you have the gold or resources) gm or even 120 in under 48 hours easily, so the need for "low end bods" its only for items you might was personally or to sell, i wouldnt turn in 75% of bods due to the rewards. but how to get to that 75% is a must know especially if mechanics are changed/missing/ or possibly damage/ or its just the way you want it but give some vales.

also that ^^ link to guide and another post really beat around the bush, we need a good solid answer
Its not a guarantee, its a better chance. That's all.

A legendary smith can still receive a low end weapon sbod and a legendary tailor can still receive a 10 normal sbod also, it is just that they have a better chance at getting the good stuff.

halygon

Grandmaster
Also consider this, when you do get and collect a full order of BODs, are you going to want to do a full LBOD for valorite plate with a GM smith at a really low completion rate? Of course you can have a +60 ASH, but there aren't alot of those out there.

how much chance :'( we talking .1% or a total 100% increase at 120?
Those are not given out to the public.

AssHat

Grandmaster
thats why i am making 1 smith at 120 to craft and then the rest would be 100-120 depending on this information lol

AssHat

Grandmaster
so no true proof that any of what we are talking about is true..... the guide says nothing, and the rest of forum say nothing, and taking over a years worth of data of every bod collected with every range might get you something......

eppy

Grandmaster
From the base RunUO code.

if ( theirSkill >= 70.1 && ((theirSkill - 40.0) / 300.0) > Utility.RandomDouble() ) return new LargeSmithBOD();

NOTE: this may or may not be the line running on UOF.