So this is what UO became?

Play UO since 1998, second age, edition with the cloth map!...

Lets talk about what matter!

I have one day character, with 100 life, 100 tactics, sword, parrying, anatomy and healing...

Im a PVM guy, love to explore... A few minutes ago, a guy, with no armor, no nothing just killed me, just about running arround and throwing great explosion potions... nothing more... so...

This is whats became UO??? Just make a GM alchemy and u r good to go with PVP???

I can remember in the original OSI UO... The potion timer is not so perfect like is this free shard... Just to avoid one single skill be so powerfull... So a warrior cant defeat a alchemy... because he cant touch the alchemist and the alchemist don need to cast the potion... just need to run about 4 seconds and throw the potion at you...

I love this game... but not what some free shards doing to it!

Because i dont hope the GMs will gonna change this HUGE BUG... im leaving this free shard!

Oh, yeh! The only thing you can do is "recall"... when you see a guy with explosion potions... run like a *****... because u can fight against everything, a warrior, a archer, a mage... but with a potion... ;)

Last edited:

batman

Grandmaster
Hate to brake it too you since ur new too this shard... BUt this is trammel free zone... It is a pvp driven shard with almost every advantage going to pvpers...a person with no pvp experience or is too slow to recall is gonna die over and over again... With all the advantages going towards those who pk.. I have gotten used to it i guess you should chalk it up to risk vs reward.. Dont bring anything you want to lose and make a bottom line of gold etc you dont want to lose and recall back and fourth

Batman... i understood this... but even when become about PVP, GM alchemy is so strong 1v1 that even a GM mage will have a huge dificult against the GM alchemy... because the GM alchemy dont need to cast, just a macro on razor to double click last object (great explosion), wait 4 sec (a little less) and throw at last tagert... just this defeats almost everything!!! Have no sense on this... just one skill defeat more than 10 together... he can do a great damage, without any hit check (like archer an warrior), dont need to cast (like mage) and can just run while attack...

Im not agaist the PVP... im just saying the explosion potion is far beyond unbalanced... The only disavantage is to hit "friends" on a battle with more players... but in single 1 vs 1 PVP... have no how to defeat... with a combo with lesser explosion (to escape from paralyse) to great explosion to do great damge...

A single upgrade on the explosion potion, make the timer variable, explosion on 3 or 4 seconds is enough to corret this HUGE BUG!

The PVP with alchemy dont even need to play... not even to think... just make a macro on razor, and run arround the target and press F1 (button where macro was done)... and nothing more... razor do the trick!

Last edited:

batman

Grandmaster
Idk how they do it.. I've read scripts razor or whatever version they use to macro it is unstoppable for people like us so take a few ass whoopings... I die from them once every few days and if im lucky enough maybe a week... Dont let that discourage you from playing here... Nc how many hours you play but re uping a few weapons armour aids etc whatever your playstyle is and go have some fun... Only way i can help you out with advice is set up a recall macro and keep ur journal up when you see a red press your macro t9 get out.. Its not perfect but it helps

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
The weapons and their abilities they added down the road on official servers made dex pvp way more diverse and interesting.

But what can you say people here are addicted to purple potions and will defend their use to the grave.

*shrugs*
Still a fun server.

StegcO.. yes... because on PVP the GM Alchemy need nothing more... just create a macro on razor and run arround your target... mage need to cast, will stop for a few seconds... archer need to stop to shoot to... warrior needs to get close, but how if the alchemist dont need to stop? if the alchemist use wrestling (100), the archer (100 archery) will miss a lot of shoots and the alchemist will not miss one potion... The only have a little chance against is the mage... but even the mage will have dificult... because the macro on razor can cast multiple potion at time... you will take a potion per second with a good razor macro...!!! will be about 15/20 damage per second, mage wont be able to cast, because will take hit every second...

so in this shard... all you need to go PVP is a GM alchemy and a GM wresteling... dont need 125 scroll... just those 2 skills at 100 and you r good to go... but, make sure to create a good razor script! ;)

Mr Yuk

Journeyman
I agree with this bug. I was killed a few days ago by purple pots. Later that night I was working on my poisoning and found myself poisoned because I failed applying it to my dagger. NOW with that in mind..... What if there was say a 35% that when you use a purple pot you have the chance to fumble the pot setting off a chain reaction to all pots in your pack? This would result in instant death if you have more then two pots in your pack. Maybe parts of ones body scattered across the screen. Just a thought I had to balance this bug.

That would be a great message to see "You fumble the pot and sense your death is at hand."

Im not agaist the PVP... im just saying the explosion potion is far beyond unbalanced...
Don't you think you should learn the game before commenting on its balance? Given your ignorant comments about a Razor script, it sounds like you may have let someone wind you up and you're regurgitating their words.

Here's a simple reality about PVP in this era: without alchemy, only groups of 3+ can kill people and warriors are useless. If you think otherwise, you're welcome to bring a friend and try to kill me without explosion potions while I don't fight back.

well... if what EvilAcid is saying about the purple rain... so... i just need to do the same and open my player killing factory... i will call smurfs to make good potions.. omg... like i sayed before... what people do to UO... omg... a ruge battle segment reduced to two skills!!!

well... if what EvilAcid is saying about the purple rain... so... i just need to do the same and open my player killing factory... i will call smurfs to make good potions.. omg... like i sayed before... what people do to UO... omg... a ruge battle segment reduced to two skills!!!
There would be FEWER viable templates if alchemy didn't exist. You simply don't know what you're talking about. Maybe you should read up on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

batman

Grandmaster
Don't you think you should learn the game before commenting on its balance? Given your ignorant comments about a Razor script, it sounds like you may have let someone wind you up and you're regurgitating their words.

Here's a simple reality about PVP in this era: without alchemy, only groups of 3+ can kill people and warriors are useless. If you think otherwise, you're welcome to bring a friend and try to kill me without explosion potions while I don't fight back.
Lmfao... Im sure your a great fighter but i have stealthed pked over 200 people on this shard without a potion one and have been killed as many on my blue chars... And rarely do i die from potion thrower compared to somone running up on me with an axe mace etc... You dont need a potion to pk

Lmfao... Im sure your a great fighter but i have stealthed pked over 200 people on this shard without a potion one and have been killed as many on my blue chars... And rarely do i die from potion thrower compared to somone running up on me with an axe mace etc... You dont need a potion to pk
I've literally never been killed by a stealth PK. What you're capable of doing against bad players isn't relevant to a game balance discussion.

Genocide... Look man, every free shard have its on rules... In old OSI UO (Original game) days... Yes, lots of killing with no purple potions... just because the counter is not exctly, you know... but is not what im gonna to talk about..

A mage can kill one guy without any potion... im pretty sure a fencer with deadly poison can kill you too... but every is balanced out... because the mage need to stop to cast, the fencer need to get close you to hit... but the purple potion... ohh the purple potion... no time to cast, no stop to launch, no hit check to hit... no nothing... just up in your ass... so... it is really unbalanced... because have no counter, have no how escape, no how to avoid... do you can see that??? every combat skill on UO have some rules to follow... but the purple potion... is beyond anything... like you sayed yourself... without the purple potion have no how to defeat an player... im pretty sure you can... played in a lot of servers that dont even use purple potion... this is the first free shard i have found with so much damage and precision timer on explosion...

But, this is not to me to judge... This is a GM call, if they want this way is his shard... gonna be like this... no one can play in this server without a GM alchemy as a crafter to support... OMG... and that too... the character dont even must have alchemy to throw the potion... omg... What a unbalanced skill... dont you think????

batman

Grandmaster
Ur probably right... Ive never claimed to be a pver like urself actually i am no good at it at all... Ur saying the only way you can die is either 3v1 or if someone doesnt have potions... Were i otherwise i see plenty of people dying and pking 1v1 and without potions... Your obviously one of the rare ones who are unkillable... And i believe you but you dont need potions to kill the majority of people on this shard

drasked

Grandmaster
eb6.jpg

Oh look another purple pot rant thread. I'm sure this one will be much different than its 400 parent threads. Thing is there are nothing wrong with explo pots and it's always the same newer players/players unwilling to figure them out that will kick and scream for changes on something that's not a problem.

StegcO

Grandmaster
StegcO.. yes... because on PVP the GM Alchemy need nothing more... just create a macro on razor and run arround your target... mage need to cast, will stop for a few seconds... archer need to stop to shoot to... warrior needs to get close, but how if the alchemist dont need to stop? if the alchemist use wrestling (100), the archer (100 archery) will miss a lot of shoots and the alchemist will not miss one potion... The only have a little chance against is the mage... but even the mage will have dificult... because the macro on razor can cast multiple potion at time... you will take a potion per second with a good razor macro...!!! will be about 15/20 damage per second, mage wont be able to cast, because will take hit every second...

so in this shard... all you need to go PVP is a GM alchemy and a GM wresteling... dont need 125 scroll... just those 2 skills at 100 and you r good to go... but, make sure to create a good razor script! ;)

wait, you can throw a pot every 3s not 1s, also with 100 alchemy pots will do 25damage MAX.

To be honest i never fought a PureAlchemist but I have fought Dexxer-Alchemy and Mage-Alchemy that are basically 2X or 3X more strong than a PureAlchemist right?

I'm not a fan on alchemy but pure-alchemist are not so strong.

Peav

Grandmaster
You can out heal explosion potions by just having healing and anatomy. Your mentality is stuck in '99 where people had dragged spells and took them 2s to realize they're getting attacked. Every player which is good enough to know whats going around him cannot be killed without explosion pots. The people you see on Poptarts stream are same players like yourself, with a lot of pvp struggles.

If you are not healing back or running away or bandaging vs purple pots than i guess you deserve the defeat.

The only people which complain about explosion pots had failed to adapt to the meta UO has revolved around for 10-20 years. If you still have dragged out icons and double click them and than your bar than your doing UO wrong.