Some Thoughts On Coming Back To UO:F

Zog'orium

Grandmaster
It's the blue pk's that I think should face greater punishments. Turn grey for a bit and then bank sit or place your char in your house for awhile to avoid any repercussions. Maybe any character should turn red as soon as you murder another player (hence the term murderer...not 5x murderer) and have the time it takes to wear off a murder count increased to a week or a month. Do the crime...you pay with time !! Some of those advocating for increased stat times or perm stat loss are the same players that are certainly down for a little murder when it suits them.

Phrygian

Master
I hardly see any reds, why would you want to punish the few people sacrificing themself to play this scuffed playstyle?

Where do you farm? Because I get ganked pretty much hourly. Usually a squad of 3 to 5, from City often, that just roll me quickly, and sometimes res camp, sometimes not. Dragon Island, Destard, Fire Temple, Despise... I haven't gone more than 1 hour without dying to or running from a group of reds.

Zog'orium

Grandmaster
Where do you farm? Because I get ganked pretty much hourly. Usually a squad of 3 to 5, from City often, that just roll me quickly, and sometimes res camp, sometimes not. Dragon Island, Destard, Fire Temple, Despise... I haven't gone more than 1 hour without dying to or running from a group of reds.

Destard and Fire Temple are always going to be busy with players and thus pk's. I am certainly no pvmer but I have been working my tamer on and off over the last couple of years. I just marked two or three runebooks with locations that I can hit and then be gone. I bank frequently in case I do die. I really can't recall the last time I actually died to a pk. I have been attacked a few times but between pets, all guard me, pots and mini heals I have gotten away. I have had more trouble from blue chars trying to lure my pets away and get them killed/trapped then any red.

Phrygian

Master
Destard and Fire Temple are always going to be busy with players and thus pk's. I am certainly no pvmer but I have been working my tamer on and off over the last couple of years. I just marked two or three runebooks with locations that I can hit and then be gone. I bank frequently in case I do die. I really can't recall the last time I actually died to a pk. I have been attacked a few times but between pets, all guard me, pots and mini heals I have gotten away. I have had more trouble from blue chars trying to lure my pets away and get them killed/trapped then any red.

Makes sense. I don't have a tamer yet, only been playing here a couple weeks. I'm playing an archer bard. GM arch tac heal anat music provo hiding. I'm working on leveling a tamer though, for sure. Seems the way to go, but was difficult to start with, so I did the bard. I get PKd quite a bit.

Phrygian

Master
I had 60 magery and 40 med before, dropped em for hiding in the hopes of getting PKd less. Now i'm thinking about wrestling, so I can recall reliably when they rush me.