Spawn Timers?

BeerJedi

Grandmaster
Do people have spawn timers? I was working an area, just quietly cycling through high end mobs, when i noticed something.

I watched the same Tamer recall into the dungeon no less then 5 - 10 seconds after a high mob spawned. Saw this in two different locations.

With out revealing my locations (cause don't need the PK attention) - i had just finished clearing an area to work a really high end mob to see if it was up. i dragged a paragon I found to provo incase it was there. it wasn't, as i was turning around, it spawned in. i was like perfect!! and got the provo off. And barely in time when this particular tamer suddenly appears within 5 seconds of the mob spawning. I thought to myself... whew, got lucky there.

Well the paragon survived, but not the big mob. so i dragged this thing around the room(s) for a few moments letting it do my heavy lifting when i decided to see if the bigger critter was back. No dice, was about to recall out when it respawned. I thought! sweet goodness. Got the provo off again, right as the same tamer suddenly recalls in. Again, barely beat this guy.

Saw him do it again in another dungeon all together but didn't get the mob this time.

So my question is - are there spawn timers and are people allowed to use 'em? I don't want to get this tamer in trouble as he was actually very polite and didn't try and take the spawn as he saw it was being worked. I returned the favor later.

But the timing was amazing, and wanted to know if timers/etc existed.

Cheers,

Xigam

Journeyman
I think there are.. I've never bothered to figure them out. But I have heard people talk about timers on things like Nightmares. I think it probably applies to other spawn types but most people don't take the time to figure them out.