Stealing from Vendors

gadric

Expert
Can one use Stealing to steal items from House Based Vendors. It would seem to be a great way to train stealing skill

gadric

Expert
Considering that I have been playing UO for more than a decade on and off I dont think that I qualify as "New"

Faytality

Staff member
Obviously new to UOF so you are in fact new. Not to mention you seem to ask a lot of question so there you go. Not trying to be mean but you are flooding the general boards

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
DUDE.........You actually can in a roundabout fashion. But you must wait for somebody to buy the vendor item, and then steal it from that player. Boom mind blown.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Oh man, the idea of vendor stealing has made me quite aroused.... BUT

Imagine, some big time crafter decides to create a Bazaar with weird and wonderful goods for all tastes and fetishes. The crafter, who understandably is relatively wealthy, owns a vast and sprawling abode which can house many vendors. Painstakingly, the crafter sets up vendors for all crafting skills (Alchemy, Blacksmithing, carpentry etc) and carefully stocks each and every one which takes a fair amount of time. With all vendors created, stocked and loved like a planned child, the crafter decides to go for a walk in the real world to reflect on his/her precisely coordinated, business endeavor.

On his/her return to the game, as predicted, the Bazaar is flooded with players, players who have created their own 'business' idea and have actually coordinated with each other to create a living conveyor belt with a moon gate at the end of the line. Pack horses and beetles are parked outside, each one loaded with perceived, purchased goods and ready for the journey home. The crafter is overjoyed with the progress of the shop as he/she skips merrily to each vendor to retrieve bags filled with untold amounts of gold, but then comes the bombshell...

As the last of the players depart, the crafter realizes that even though each vendor is empty of merchandise, there is no gold to be found. This is when the penny drops *or in this case a nuclear bomb* that the customers he/she saw earlier were actually thieves, thieves who without remorse , spent an hour or two of their time stealing everything from all of the vendors, transferring the loot to their secure holdings and will now sell the stuff as a reduced price or just bin it because well, thieves can do that to extract a reaction to fish for a fuelled response to fund their trollish addiction.

Nope, the end of the world would come quite promptly for the server which hosts such a mechanic and honestly as a thief myself *in game*, that would be just a tad overpowered.

gadric

Expert
Obviously new to UOF so you are in fact new. Not to mention you seem to ask a lot of question so there you go. Not trying to be mean but you are flooding the general boards
nope been playing UOF for about two years now.. Just never got into stealing