Storage vault / giant bank

Elizabeth Gold

Grandmaster
Not my idea but worked on what I saw in suggestion chat yesterday:
Code:
Halygon: @eppy it makes my 1x1 houses possible
Evolsin: 1x2 need a spot for one chest tho I suppose a bag on the floor would work
eppy: honestly if i just made it so you could either have a giant bank or a house id be ok with that
I honestly think thats a great idea. It would be the end of all those ugly zero effort plots filled with paragon chests and make room for something more convinient for those who just want storage.

I assume the giant bank is still bound by ancient 125 item limits, thus it would require some kind of UI to access it. The UI can be called by saying 'vault' at any bank and is accessible on all characters of your account. In the UI you can buy slots/chests which all have an 125 item storage and can hold unlimited weight. Each slot can be named and become progressively more expensive.

K5Utyiy.png

Pro's:
  • Accessible from every bank.
  • Counts as an ageless secured storage.
  • Can be adopted early in game and be expanded later on.

Con's:
  • Not sharable with other accounts / friends.
As eppy said, it would be a replacement for a housing slot on your account.

• If you own a house: you can't buy any vault slots.
  • If you own a vault: you can't trade a house. You can terminate your vault if it's empty and get a x% refund on the purchased vault slots.
  • If you own a vault: you can place a house. You automaticly terminate your vault and get a x% refund on the purchased vault slots. The content will be transfered to your moving box.

An example regarding the slot costs. I made it about the same cost compared to an ageless max storage variant (but I forgot they can be expanded with storage increase deeds):

oiAU6td.png

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
Currently houses age, and fall, often removing thousands of items from the game when doing so - a gold sink if you will. Will vaults work the same way? With the exception I guess that people wouldn't be able to loot them if they collapsed? Or is there some way to get them onto monster spawn when it collapses, much like houses are now?

Elizabeth Gold

Grandmaster
Currently houses age, and fall, often removing thousands of items from the game when doing so - a gold sink if you will. Will vaults work the same way? With the exception I guess that people wouldn't be able to loot them if they collapsed? Or is there some way to get them onto monster spawn when it collapses, much like houses are now?
Thats up for Eppy and staff to decide. In the idea above it's worked out as ageless - items will not be lootable by others and if people leave the game, the items will be removed from the market as well.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
I agree they are removed from market, but they are still in the database which we know in the end causes problems when it gets too large. It's an interesting concept, and does alleviate the need for the housing race. I definitely like the pricing structure of it - though as a house owner, and someone who enjoys decorating my houses, I can't see me ever using it... Hopefully those who make big square blocks will use it though.. can't stand seeing houses with little to no work in the design..

Elizabeth Gold

Grandmaster
About DB cleanup - I would like to think that vault storage is less than secure storage with house design. We recently also had a cleanup of old accounts. If that could be a regular thing, we have no issues anymore :)