Suggestion Forum Change

Do you agree with the suggestion?

• Total voters

Orgha

Apprentice
Make the suggestion forum force a poll on creation that defaults to FOR/AGAINST or equivalent.

No replies in the thread allowed except by staff members.

Far too many threads go off topic.

Far too many threads become a flaming/crying fest.

The suggestion forum should be a place for people to express popular opinion (The forced poll) and staff members to get ideas and express interest in ideas (Staff replies only).

Everything else is pretty pointless.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Make the suggestion forum force a poll on creation that defaults to FOR/AGAINST or equivalent.

The suggestion forum should be a place for people to express popular opinion (The forced poll) and staff members to get ideas and express interest in ideas (Staff replies only).

I disagree, sometimes people don't always see the negatives in certain ideas, and people expressing them can be helpful.

I would like to see more moderation of suggestion forums though to keep the suggestions on topic. I am sure our new forum mod liberty will do a great job of that.

Cack

Grandmaster

Have you seen Egor?

Orgha

Apprentice
I disagree, sometimes people don't always see the negatives in certain ideas, and people expressing them can be helpful.

I would like to see more moderation of suggestion forums though to keep the suggestions on topic. I am sure our new forum mod liberty will do a great job of that.

I'd like to see better enforcement around the forums in general.

Another option is to limit each forum member to one reply. They can edit that reply if they want, but that way players can still attempt to sway opinions without spamming a suggestion thread to the point where no new comers to the thread want to read all the trash leading up to a derailed thread.

Cack

Grandmaster
Oh shut the fuck up. Your communistic forum ideas are way too radical.
1 reply in a suggestion thread....gtfo.
Forums are for discussion not limiting ppl.
While we're at it let's limit murders to one per day imgame and one high end boss death per tamer.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
it's a community forum, you have to imagine that when people are posting their ideas here, it's because they want to see how the community feels about the idea. Personally I find it annoying when people come troll here and simply say ''No.'' or even Yes. without giving a reason. It's helpful to new players to see what the general reaction is to a suggestion. And also having people take a suggestion to 10 pages just makes the server look busier. That's also 10 pages of information, somewhat related to the topic in most cases, which isn't a bad thing at all.

We just need to preach posting in a generally constructive manner here, which in turn means removing privileges of players who come here and personally attack the poster. That just makes people not want to post their ideas, or be creative, which is harmful to the server.

Orgha

Apprentice
it's a community forum, you have to imagine that when people are posting their ideas here, it's because they want to see how the community feels about the idea. Personally I find it annoying when people come troll here and simply say ''No.'' or even Yes. without giving a reason. It's helpful to new players to see what the general reaction is to a suggestion. And also having people take a suggestion to 10 pages just makes the server look busier. That's also 10 pages of information, somewhat related to the topic in most cases, which isn't a bad thing at all.

We just need to preach posting in a generally constructive manner here, which in turn means removing privileges of players who come here and personally attack the poster. That just makes people not want to post their ideas, or be creative, which is harmful to the server.

In a perfect world this would work.

I've never seen a thread get past page #1 and stay completely on topic. Any 10 page thread is riddled with useless posts.

Only reason I suggest this is because staff seems unwilling to lay down the law on people trolling the forums.

Worst I've seen is someone gets a warning or a thread gets closed/taken down.

If we had some mods with the balls to lay the ban hammer and delete useless posts then I'd agree, keep it open to how ever many replies people want to make constructively.

However...We have folks like Cack on here and other clowns that just run around trolling making nonconstructive and irrelevant posts.

I think forum traffic is good. But what kind of message do think it sends to new players if they find this forum before joining up and all they see are people whipping out their E-Dicks or as one moderator put it "Pissing Match" and a bunch of off topic rambling.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
lol dude the worst of it is when people start namecalling like you just did.

And that thread was always intended to be a pissing match. :) Why did you think I announced the RDA location in the first place??

The Gandin

Grandmaster
That's why you have the poll :rolleyes:

Yeah except there's no reasoning behind it. It's just votes. Literally there's no context behind it. People could read through comments and get more information that might clue them in on voting. Like I could be firm about "I'll vote yes for this thing" but then read through and see good arguments as to the no vote and then change my mind.

Your little poll theory is idiotic as is the staff only response. Period.

Yeah except there's no reasoning behind it. It's just votes. Literally there's no context behind it. People could read through comments and get more information that might clue them in on voting. Like I could be firm about "I'll vote yes for this thing" but then read through and see good arguments as to the no vote and then change my mind.

Your little poll theory is idiotic as is the staff only response. Period.

*Consults Magic Butt Hairs*

It's called reading the thread. LOL!

I know this is a novel concept for some people on this forum, but hey I thought I'd chime in

We really do have some geniuses around here. :D

The Gandin

Grandmaster

It's called reading the thread. LOL!

I know this is a novel concept for some people on this forum, but hey I thought I'd chime in

We really do have some geniuses around here. :D

Yeah because titles totally tell all. By that theory, no one should ever be involved deep into politics either. We should just read the headlines. Or newspaper articles or books or movies for that matter.

If you read what I said, that's right, reading, the thing you criticized me for, I said if you read through comments made throughout the suggestion by different people then you get a lot of perspectives and might help either strengthen your resolve or change your mind.

Yeah we do have geniuses around here and it sure as shit isn't you. Fuck off.

Yeah because titles totally tell all. By that theory, no one should ever be involved deep into politics either. We should just read the headlines. Or newspaper articles or books or movies for that matter.

If you read what I said, that's right, reading, the thing you criticized me for, I said if you read through comments made throughout the suggestion by different people then you get a lot of perspectives and might help either strengthen your resolve or change your mind.

Yeah we do have geniuses around here and it sure as shit isn't you. Fuck off.

Yep. The butt-hurt is strong with this one! o_O

Liberty

Grandmaster
And yet again the topic rolls off into senseless back and forth banter. So how this works is, I am informing people to end the nonsense and personal attacks on the forums. If you guys don't "get" it soon, action will be taken place. I'm sick of these forums being trashed with trolling and rage. Pm each other to argue, don't ruin threads.