Swamp dragon location

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
I just killed one. "A chaos dragon."

After the rider fell, it turned into "a swamp dragon," which I also slew.

The loot sucks for how much hassle it is. Took frkn forever.

Breathing on me for 50 points of damage and wiping out my stamina.

It wasn't worth the refresh pots I went through to kill it. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
Ok, everyone can stop PMing me. Here's where I found it on Booty: (Red Circle)

swampd10.jpg

It's the worse luck. I came upon this thread right *after* I killed the thing. Had I known how rare it was I would've tried to cash in on it somehow with tamers on IRC.

Well, that probably wouldn't worked cuz as soon as I said "I know where a swamp dragon is" people would've set to work scouring every swamp in Britannia and probably found it in 5 minutes anyway. I suppose I could've lured it off then tried to sell the location, but whatever.... it's *dead*. :eek:

LOL!

Young Star

Grandmaster
Hoping @eppy or @Adam can tell us how the dragon barding will work when the swamp dragon dies. It seems like a really big investment for something that in OSI was lost any time the dragon died. Especially since UOF added rope as an ingredient and made the success rate for making it so low. If they are going to keep the requirements high the barding deed should drop back on the dragons body so it doesn't just get lost. At least then it can be taken and re-sold or re-used.

TBH I don't know why they had to add the rope and make the fail rate so high. The armor could be a really good source of crafting income but now I am afraid barely anyone is going to use it because how much it costs and how easy it can just get lost.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Hoping @eppy or @Adam can tell us how the dragon barding will work when the swamp dragon dies. It seems like a really big investment for something that in OSI was lost any time the dragon died. Especially since UOF added rope as an ingredient and made the success rate for making it so low. If they are going to keep the requirements high the barding deed should drop back on the dragons body so it doesn't just get lost. At least then it can be taken and re-sold or re-used.

TBH I don't know why they had to add the rope and make the fail rate so high. The armor could be a really good source of crafting income but now I am afraid barely anyone is going to use it because how much it costs and how easy it can just get lost.
I failed making it 7 times with a 120 smith, +10 Ash, in the crafting area. Was supposed to have a 50% chance, seems broken if you ask me.

Also, GL killing the chaos dragoon elites, I killed 3 of them, the last one killed my maxed out level 7 2 times before I killed it. I came back later and watched the whole stank guild get rocked by one. Haha

Slice N Dice

Grandmaster
I failed making it 7 times with a 120 smith, +10 Ash, in the crafting area. Was supposed to have a 50% chance, seems broken if you ask me.

Also, GL killing the chaos dragoon elites, I killed 3 of them, the last one killed my maxed out level 7 2 times before I killed it. I came back later and watched the whole stank guild get rocked by one. Haha
Lol. The crafting seems like it needs changing but it's nice to see a mob that takes some real work

Staff

Young Player Help
Barding here has durability and will not be lost on death. It has something like 2.5k durability and loses 1 durability @ 10% per hit.

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
It wasn't particularly hard to kill the Chaos Dragon once I brought in a second archer and cross-healed. Fortunately the maze-like landscape there had its AI bewildered so I never had to melee it.

Once it went to "swamp dragon" it was quite easy to kill.

Wizx13

Grandmaster

Yea the rope addition is just stupid imo. Based on what you attempted you used 70 rope which is what..400 krakens killed and 14000 ingots :(

Da Witch Dr

Master

@Messremb

Where are these chaos dragons you speak of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk