Swords... da fuck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleiz

Neophyte
So me and 2 friends decided to try out something.

2 of us started hitting on our friend with power halberds. We both have 100 anat, tactics and swords

The person we were hitting on had healing and magery... and we couldnt manage to kill him!?
This was just for testing purposes, nobody was running around or anything, we were just bashing him and he was just healing. We had 100 stam.

I'm new to this shard, but wtf? Shouldnt 2 warriors with power hallies be able to kill a mage?

So me and 2 friends decided to try out something.

2 of us started hitting on our friend with power halberds. We both have 100 anat, tactics and swords

The person we were hitting on had healing and magery... and we couldnt manage to kill him!?
This was just for testing purposes, nobody was running around or anything, we were just bashing him and he was just healing. We had 100 stam.

I'm new to this shard, but wtf? Shouldnt 2 warriors with power hallies be able to kill a mage?

weapon damage here is very weak since the introduction of an armor patch.

ive raised concerns many times, but unfortunately the masses seem to have no grasp of game mechanics and troll the threads until they get deleted.

U-Haul

Master
weapon damage here is very weak since the introduction of an armor patch.

ive raised concerns many times, but unfortunately the masses seem to have no grasp of game mechanics and troll the threads until they get deleted.

yeah, they should change it back to when armor did nothing at all. :rolleyes:

Smokey McCallum

Grandmaster
Are staff ever going to sort this out? The reason I loved this shard was because it felt like no matter your equipment, if you know what you're doing, you can win. Now it seems pointless playing a dexer because even crappy armour can make a decent weapon obsolete.

Are staff ever going to sort this out? The reason I loved this shard was because it felt like no matter your equipment, if you know what you're doing, you can win. Now it seems pointless playing a dexer because even crappy armour can make a decent weapon obsolete.

I've retired my dexers from pvp, i only use them to mow down tamers/bards who have retardation - anyone with any clue/skill escapes with ease.

I agree tho, beyond that there are other issues, which myself and others have given suggestions which go unanswered/squelched.

Darktrix

Expert
I would imagine they are busy working on sorting this problem out. To rebalance it woudl require goign through all weapon systems, and notching them to the correct damage using a suitable scale. This is no small feat. Of course the easier option is to nerf armour slightly.

Grab yoself some maces and smash that armour ;)

Experience

Grandmaster
Weapons and armor were completely gone through a few months back. Damage on weapons was adjust as well as armor. Currently, armor does it's job...maybe a bit too well...but before armor was worthless and damage was all over the place...Hopefully staff will have time to re-address the issue soon

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
Lumber jacking is totally overpowered compared to any of the other damage from any of the other melee skills. For those of you saying that armor is overpowered that may be true against anything but lumberjacking but I'm wearing 51 armor rating and getting hits for 40-60 every time a lumberjack hits me, using my alchemist poisoner fencer is completely worthless against any lumberjack with a nice axe

Sent from Baja 1997 - ICQ 12013388

halygon

Grandmaster
Lumber jacking is totally overpowered compared to any of the other damage from any of the other melee skills. For those of you saying that armor is overpowered that may be true against anything but lumberjacking but I'm wearing 51 armor rating and getting hits for 40-60 every time a lumberjack hits me, using my alchemist poisoner fencer is completely worthless against any lumberjack with a nice axe

Thats pretty much how it should be. Lumberjacks sacrifice their 7th skill (or magery) for that extra bonus. Right now, though, that extra bonus is the only reason why LJers can actual deal damage to some extent.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
And as an alchy fencer poisoner I'm giving up 2 slots to do more damage but I can't deal the damage because I have to run the whole time or get 3 hit dead. My lumberjack kills way more people and I have archery as well and 50/50 mage/resist for the odd heal or mind blast scroll doesn't feel like its giving anything up compared to using 2 skill slots on alch nox

Shaun Swonger

Apprentice
Weird. When I started playing this server I made a post about mages being overpowered Specifically Stun mages (Wrestling and Anatomy) because they also get the added bonus of defense chance increase. For those of you that don't know, the combo of Anatomy and Eval give you defensive wrestling which makes you harder to hit. So now they can stun you, they are harder to hit, and when you do armor rating makes you hit for 10 damage.

Sweet. That 10 damage seems to be more than enough to balance the 35 damage I just took from mind blast. I tried to explain to these professional uo players that everyone was being pushed to mages for pvp. Naturally they knew best, and here we are. If you all are following the forums, you'll see another example of this in stealing. The GMs don't want people stealing power scrolls because Steam makes it too easy. Make it hard for a thief, people wont steal. Make it hard for a dexxer, people will play mages.

Lets get serious though, pvp on this server is a joke. These are all the pvp'ers from OSI that couldn't pvp there because they didn't have super macros to throw exp pots off screen and hit people.

aIck

Grandmaster
Weird. When I started playing this server I made a post about mages being overpowered Specifically Stun mages (Wrestling and Anatomy) because they also get the added bonus of defense chance increase. For those of you that don't know, the combo of Anatomy and Eval give you defensive wrestling which makes you harder to hit. So now they can stun you, they are harder to hit, and when you do armor rating makes you hit for 10 damage.

Sweet. That 10 damage seems to be more than enough to balance the 35 damage I just took from mind blast. I tried to explain to these professional uo players that everyone was being pushed to mages for pvp. Naturally they knew best, and here we are. If you all are following the forums, you'll see another example of this in stealing. The GMs don't want people stealing power scrolls because Steam makes it too easy. Make it hard for a thief, people wont steal. Make it hard for a dexxer, people will play mages.

Lets get serious though, pvp on this server is a joke. These are all the pvp'ers from OSI that couldn't pvp there because they didn't have super macros to throw exp pots off screen and hit people.

Wrestling overrides Defensive Wrestling from what I've heard, so having GM Wrestling and "GM" Defensive Wrestling doesn't give you any additional benefit.

K A Z

Grandmaster

please stop, the trolling. It's getting old.

As for the LJ's: They're fine as they are. If you can't kill a LJ on a Poison/Alchy dexxer you're doing something wrong. I would infact say that poisondexxers are the only Templates that can kill LJs (due to unequipping the axe for curepots).

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
If you're damaged for 60 then 30 while you poison once while wearing 51ar explain please how you can overcome that

Edit: and I'm not posting that just to be argumentative I'm actually looking to get better so if you have a realistic tips of what I could be doing differently I really would like that

aIck

Grandmaster
If you're damaged for 60 then 30 while you poison once while wearing 51ar explain please how you can overcome that

Edit: and I'm not posting that just to be argumentative I'm actually looking to get better so if you have a realistic tips of what I could be doing differently I really would like that

Choose 'em all:

a) Apply bandages to your wounds, chug your ginseng-potions.
b) Tactical retreats.
c) Lob explopots at your adversary.
d) Whack at him when he has to disarm to cure your poison for a guaranteed hit.
e) Mindgames.
f) idk.
g) Call in the Elite Squad.
h) Recall away.
i) ????

Status
Not open for further replies.