System to Report Blue on Blue Attackers

Tearloch

Grandmaster
I am not much of a PvPer. I generally avoid PvP whenever possible. That is not the part of the game that keeps me playing. With that said, I am not longing for Trammel either. I actually like the risk involved with having potential Reds roll up on me while I am out and about. Generally, I only get killed by Reds through my own mistakes.

Now, getting attacked by Blues is another story all together. Part of what is so unique and fun about this game is the community aspect of it. I am pretty fed up with being attacked by Blue players with no recourse. Sure, if they kill you, you can report them. Then after they get enough "counts" they just switch to the next character on their list and repeat.

I am not trying to rock the boat. What I would like to see is a way to report Blue players for attacking another Blue. If you are lucky enough to get away, you have no way of reporting the attacker. I would like to see a system that would allow you to report a Blue on Blue attacker in the same way you can already do if you are killed by another player.

I am just tired of the players that seem to enjoy straddling the line. If you want to run around killing other players, then you should be flagged as red. I really think the prevalence of Blue PKs on this shard is driving people away. I also believe these people are just gaming the system, hoping to "get the drop" on an unsuspecting player.

That is my 2 cents. Hate away if you must.

Shake

Master
Not being able to trust blues that run past is one of the reasons UO is fun. Watch how they move/ what spells they cast and you can generally figure out if they are waiting to PK you.

Majority of people on this shard have macros to recall and hit it the moment they see a red name. You can't blame people for killing on blues.

besttherewas

Grandmaster
The blue pk is what the red community refers to as a *****; like women, they tend to be opportunists and will often take all your belongings with little to no remorse.

I think being branded a ***** is a big enough punishment. Maybe if you have counts on a blue, your avatar can bleed for a few days once a month?

Don Key

Master
I would like to see a bounty system (for reds and blues, doesn't matter).

You get killed and you can put up a bounty on whoever killed you. I would gladly take on a contract to kill a blue pker.

Don Key

Master
Also, this is a serious problem in my opinion.

Sure, the unknown is what makes UO fun, but it is to the point here where you don't trust anyone. There are several reasons for this but most importantly, is because you can have an easy 9 characters at your disposal. There is no player justice when you can have 9 characters to play with.

A bounty system would at least add a little bit of player justice. Even though it is hard to make a bounty system that couldn't be broken.

halygon

Grandmaster

You get killed and you can put up a bounty on whoever killed you. I would gladly take on a contract to kill a blue pker.
I'd think a bounty system would be interesting as long as the person who accepts the bounty is orange to the target (and vice versa).

Tearloch

Grandmaster

I like this idea, but I wasn't even necessarily referring to the player having been killed. If I get away, I would still like to be able to report the Blue that attacked me. Hell, if I live, the same dude will be Blue again in a couple of minutes looking to prey on the next player he/she comes across.

The best part is that game already has a built in system that could be used. I am sure the developers could use the little prompt the game throws before a Blue can attack another Blue. The game already recognizes that this is occurring. They could simply flag that occurrence, then the player they attacked can report them, whether they die or get away. It would be very similar to the pop up you get when you get killed by another player, although I think it "popping up" as soon as you are attacked may be problematic if you are trying to get away. Maybe it drops in a cue, and you have X number of minutes to file the report after the attack occurs.

Don Key has it right.... It is no fun when you are paranoid to the point that you run (or recall) away from every Blue character out there. There needs to be a way to limit these "pussies" as besttherewas so eloquently labeled them. I don't think these types of players are truly contributing to the game in any way, shape, or form. They are leeches that are simply gaming a system that was set up to promote "honest" PvP play.

Don Key

Master
They contribute. They are easy prey.

The problem is you can't identify them before it is too late without just going all hermit and not interacting with anyone.

It's not the developers fault either, it's the mentality of the players these days. I would personally like to know that persons name and I will be sure to do the same thing to them if I ever see them in game.

Anyone can pm me a screen shot of players like this and I will do my best to deliver their head to them.

Tearloch

Grandmaster
They contribute. They are easy prey.

The problem is you can't identify them before it is too late without just going all hermit and not interacting with anyone.

It's not the developers fault either, it's the mentality of the players these days. I would personally like to know that persons name and I will be sure to do the same thing to them if I ever see them in game.

Anyone can pm me a screen shot of players like this and I will do my best to deliver their head to them.
While I don't blame the developers, I do think it is a result of the tight rope they have tried to walk in terms of altering the "era" PvP rule set. I totally understand those changes were done to promote PvP. I have read too many of those long argument threads when the bring up potential changes to the rules. This wasn't an issue on OSI....but I am not saying the rules we have here are bad. I just think a small tweak could clip the wings on these folks that are gaming the current system.

As far as names, I will try to catch it. I was too busy trying to get away from this last clown in the hedge maze to look....but I do know it started with "Lord"....

Although, that could be a fun player run solution...post a thread with "Suspected Blue PKs"....

Tearloch

Grandmaster
I'd think a bounty system would be interesting as long as the person who accepts the bounty is orange to the target (and vice versa).
They could post a bounty board in town. That would be pretty cool. There could be rare titles and stuff..... "Halygon the Bounty Hunter"

Don Key

Master
While I don't blame the developers, I do think it is a result of the tight rope they have tried to walk in terms of altering the "era" PvP rule set. I totally understand those changes were done to promote PvP. I have read too many of those long argument threads when the bring up potential changes to the rules. This wasn't an issue on OSI....but I am not saying the rules we have here are bad. I just think a small tweak could clip the wings on these folks that are gaming the current system.

As far as names, I will try to catch it. I was too busy trying to get away from this last clown in the hedge maze to look....but I do know it started with "Lord"....

Although, that could be a fun player run solution...post a thread with "Suspected Blue PKs"....

I might just do this...

Fotsvett

Neophyte
Blue pk:s could be greyflagged for a longer time.
If they just attacks maybe they will be flagged for 12 hours of gametime, during this time if they die they have a minor stat/skillloss. But if they attack by mistake they can ask for forgiveness from the victim so they dont gets flagged.
If a blue pk actually attacks and kills someone they should be flagged until next time they die, and they will have minor statloss when they ress. They could ask for forgivness from the victim so they dont have to suffer the statloss, but still remain grey til next they die.
This should be the same if they attack a blue pet, so annoying that they kill the miners/lumberjackers packhorses all the time and just say lol about...