T-Hunter Template Questions

Diabolicbutterfly

Journeyman
I'm making a T-Hunter and I've put together a Provo/Mage build for 4/5's and I'm trying to think of the best way to do this solo with maybe a dual client for cleanup/res if I need it with another character for just the hardest of chests.

So far my template is this:
Magery
Meditation
Music
Peacemaking
Provocation
Lockpicking
Cartography

I was thinking about dropping something for resist or hiding. Thoughts? Should I drop Peace?

The last time I did this my routine was to dig, when mobs came up, Peace, invis, drag health bars, get setup and organized, let skill timer run down. When I was ready I'd hit my provo targets for the hardest hitting mobs, I'd then just run around until my timer came up for the remaining mobs. Have a secondary on standby for res if I died with spare regs and a spare instrument.

This is my UOG template, but I'm starting to wonder if I should drop the peace for resist and just hit pavement as soon as the chest spawns, invis off screen, precast invis again and run back to the edge and use ctrl/shift just off screen to pull name plates.

Thoughts?

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
you can keep cart at 70, drop med to 80 and have 50 resist with this setup still, that'll give atlas a decent cusion, i find peace really helpful unless you start with a deamon and can keep up ev's and deamons without getting dispelled. then you could drop peace max resist, and still have some left for mining so you don't have to stand on top of the chest

Diabolicbutterfly

Journeyman
I've never had an issue standing on top of every chest, So Mining isn't a huge concern. So on this server can you decode all the maps with 70 cart? It just takes awhile?

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
ya all maps at 70, not really a while, just keep double clicking it till it pops up, haven't gotten to lvl 6 yet, but 4/5 should be a breeze at 70 still

Diabolicbutterfly

Journeyman
Mhmm, I think I could easily run that setup and if it oesn't work out it's not hard to fix to drop the resist or anything else and correct the template. Thats what I do like here, any template can be fixed easily.

Tydeus

Master
90 str / 65 dex / 70 int

GM archery
70 carto
GM lockpicking
GM magery
30 med
GM music
120 provo
GM tactics

That is my treasure hunter, but he has backup. I always cast invis on him with an alt when the chest comes up and one of my alts is an additional provo bard, so the initial spawn will always be provoked without any wait or running around dodging mobs.

You could make your alt cast invis from a distance and ditch peace. You also def. do not need GM med.

The reason for 70 int is that I found it to be the amount of int I want while initially finding the treasure spot (sometimes it takes a few recalls and a gate to get my alt to the spot). I also usually summon daemons when pulling from the chest.

Diabolicbutterfly

Journeyman
Running a full two client build isn't something I'm really interested in. I play on a laptop and I don't think Alt tabbing would work out too well when I'm trying to not die. I'm trying to get away with just one character (which I like the challenge of) and if I can't then doing level 6's with a friend is part of a social fun of things that I'm ok with.

I might go:

Magery 100
Med 50
Music 100
Peace 100
Provo 100
Lockpicking 100
Cart 70
Resist 80

tankian

Grandmaster
I would definitely drop peace.
These are my builds on my 2 treasure hunters. I dropped eval on one for resist on the 2nd one. I like the one with resist better as you can summon deamons and use provo. Use magic reflect scrolls, ev scrolls.

1st
100 carto
100 lockpicking
100 music
120 provo
100 magery
100 med
100 eval

2nd
120 provo
100 music
100 magery
100 resist
100 lockpicking
100 med
100 carto

JackPalance

Master
I duel client level 6 TMaps on a laptop all the time. Basically, you pretty much have to assume that the T Hunter will take a dirt nap on the initial spawn.