Talisman (men)

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
i deleted my provo archer because he had a ******** name and i want to build it back up..

i want this character for champ spawns...so im not sure to build archer provo again or something else that people find more effective with an archer build.

and my other question...is there a talisman that would benefit with archery? i havent read too much into what a talisman does or is for..but figure i would ask if it would be beneficial to add on an archer..

Young Star

Grandmaster
I know there are a few berserker archers but I am kind of wondering if the defense one would work better if you got the talisman trained up with a melee skill first then switched to archery. A lot of the relics would help with defense with the lack of provo to turn their attention onto something else. I think one of them helps prevent mobs from agroing you as fast and I know quench will block firebreath. The relics are also a lot cheaper to buy. You can do the quest more then once so you could get both talismans.

LSDjay

Grandmaster
Im not sure about defence talisman on a archer.
But i really like my stealth archer for champs, she has lvl6 beserk talisman with a lvl6 phase shift and lvl3 tread relic, although i never really use the tread function.Phase shift is really nice, although u have to be carefull as u can get stuck in a spot where u cant get out from, and normally i turn the totem in my backpack when the champ spawns, as i dont wanna teleport in the middle of all those mobs + boss with no armour on.

If i play her right she always finishes high in rankings, and the stealth mode let me get back to my corpse safely if i once again phase shifted in to many mobs to escape from fast enough.

Al in all is a very fun char to play,.

LSDjay

Grandmaster
Got resist no magery, resist helps enormous around "magic caster mobs"
I level it slowly with only archery, i see no reason to rush it. I actually once dropped archery on her for fencing so i could
lvl the talisman faster. But then i ended up drinking enormous amounts of pots and a more active playstyle, With archery i can keep distance and lay back irl a little, wich suits me better :)

Young Star

Grandmaster
I keep forgetting about phase shift. Without provo having hiding/stealth is a nice. So does that thing only proc when you are hiden or will it warp you into a mob you target whenever you're far enough away? I've seen other people basically kamikaze into a nasty mob and get dirt napped.

LSDjay

Grandmaster
It triggers after that many sec. and when u more then 4 tiles away from the mob and dclick it.
Yes i curse my phase shift many times, and i been stuck in the strangest places,. Normally u can teleport away after that many secs, but if u die at the spot and u stuck there and can no longer can use help option u have to page a gm , as there is no way of getting out.

Deceit champ springs to mind, the little room behind the altar. I teleported a few times in those perks filled with ghouls etc, i could not get away from that location, i die, cant get stuff from body, then a gm place my body on the floor.
Theres a few spots at Destard champ, where u can teleport onto the rocks where u normally cant come even a pit where u cant get out from, and a spot at Terra champ springs to my mind in the centre, where u can get stuck. hehe. all good fun.

Then yes , there are mobs u dont wanna teleport next to with no armour, that happens also :)

Young Star

Grandmaster
A berserker stealth archer would be highest possible damage in the game with a heavy.
That is fine for mobs that you can one shot but the "swing" speed is so slow most lighter weapons have much better dps. Factor in hit chance and the gap gets even worse. Not trying to derail this thread but I really think archery needs a serious look. I think the heavy would be more viable with how slow it is if the accuracy was higher. Hell with a +20 bow I miss a lot still especially getting several misses in a row. For a heavy and it's slow speed it is brutal. I know people hate hearing "well in real life..." with game mechanics but I think x-bows were more accurate then a standard bow.

Zoobler

Grandmaster
I have archery on my zerk and I love it as a secondary weapon skill. However if you were to go pure archer then I think Provo would be more worth while than a talisman. Just my opinion though.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I think you'll find best overall DPS is to phase with a heavy hitter then switch to a faster weapon.

It takes some work and if you're trying to do it too fast you'll fumble your hotkeys and phase-punch some spawn with no weapon up for like 8 whole damage. You'll chuckle when it happens, trust me.

I would steer clear of archery though, just a personal preference. Both my berserkers (one just for DMG boost, don't care about relics) have hiding and magery which makes an ideal champ build IMO.

I always recommend 90 magery on a dexer, scrolling peacemaking to bump skill cap, and picking up what med you can to give your magery better utility (and a half a chance to active med too)

Bromista

Grandmaster
Basic 5x dexer. Whichever wep skill you prefer/tactics/anat/healing/resist with hiding and magery.

You get the buffs and utility of magery on your dexer and hiding will save your ass plnty.