TALISMAN TRAINNING SPOT

Hydrolysis

Apprentice
Dude add provo to your mage then you can farm all day sick monsters on one another Ebolt them to keep them even till death you win

I am not that good controlling 2 characthers at once also knowing im from brazil makes my ping relatively high which increases my death rate, still I am good at GTA5 ;)

Also you need the mob to "attack you" or "aggro on you" for the tali to level up

Cack

Grandmaster
Man some serious whining in here....It's not even crying..It's a few levels down. Straight whining.
Easy mode on uo equals server deaths not the other way around.

Hydrolysis

Apprentice
Man some serious whining in here....It's not even crying..It's a few levels down. Straight whining.
Easy mode on uo equals server deaths not the other way around.

If you have to level up your talismans again without training spot, you will know what Im talking about.

If you do not even have a talisman or do not the play the game at its fullest potential then just do not comment here, your words are worthless.

Lexington

Grandmaster
I would like to say that it took the first guys, 3-4 months to get one level 10.

Parsnip... or something like that?? He had the luxury of gaining XP on low level mobs and was able to gain unlimited from higher levels before you tweaked things. Still a shit load easier then what I'm currently going through :p

That being said... I'm having fun doing my own thing!!

wreckognize

Grandmaster
can we please look into tamed pets hitting the arch deamon as well as everything slayer spellbooks? pretty OP in there yargh. though I do think the arch deamons resist is a bit high for everyone who doesn't have a slayer book and mages should be able to compete for their relics as well.

So, tamed pets killed on aggro because they don't even belong there, everything slayer not function on arch deamon, and lower arch deamons resist (probably by ten points would work) so mages can compete for top spot. savy?

ALSO IMPORTANT:

I noticed that the gump button number to remove a relic from a talisman is the same as the general use button for using out of town gates, or rezzing, etc. Many players utilize macros to push this button and it could literally cost them millions if it happens while their talisman information window is open for viewing. Please change those button numbers to something else, that people don't normally use.

@halygon @Adam @eppy

I would like to say that it took the first guys, 3-4 months to get one level 10.

please comment, please?

Belge

Grandmaster
I actually enjoy levelling skills/tailsman and the sense of achievement in doing so, maybe I'm just old and nostalgic, but I'm still not even level 9 and just invested in my 2nd and 3rd relic recently, I love going and exploring new areas, finding new mobs I've never fought, and honestly could care less if people have maxed talisman chars by hard work or exploits. People should stop being so competitive and find enjoyment in all aspects of this game, even if its a grind in 2015. I dunno what the point of saying this was but... maybe to me, I enjoy the process rather than the results :)

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
I 'think' I was one of the first few to get my talisman levelled up . A lot of changes were made very early on as a few of us uncovered certain grey methods of levelling and informed the developers. Gaining on low level mobs was changed very fast which I am glad of as it got boring fast.

I chose a berserker and tested out quite a few different templates before setting on one that was fun and allowed me to farm/gain well. I levelled the majority of my talisman on dragons and daemons (silver for my bloody explosion relic) personally but I had the benefit of using slayer imbued armor (shop bought so it was less xp reduction) and a steady supply of slayer weps from my smith.

I have still not maxed out all my relics - even one I got way back when I was level 4 on my talisman as I prefer to use my char for farming/fun rather than running a macro all day.

I would suggest to the OP that you go and test out what works for you - kill different things and find a balance between good xp/loot with the equipment you have available to you - if you kill a variety of stuff it is far less boring.

My meta dexxer is by far my favourite char - it was my first real time/money investment after getting up and running on the shard and can be used in so many different scenarios.

Weland

Grandmaster
58932007.jpg

eppy

Grandmaster
I made the deathball gall a lot more often and that should help with the tamers.

The Gump button I'm not sure is an issue really since it has a confirmation.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
problem with the confirmation is that it might be able to be pressed by someones macro too i guess. not exactly sure havent tested it lol
(im assuming that accepting the confirmation is the same button as the one to open it in the first place, that's the worry)

an experienced tamer doesn't let pets die to the deathball. all follow me, all kill, run to safe area. Im all for skill paying the bills but its really OP and not really for tamers at all, they have their own relics... maybe more can be done ^^

thanks for the reply

oomf

Grandmaster
Parsnip... or something like that?? He had the luxury of gaining XP on low level mobs and was able to gain unlimited from higher levels before you tweaked things. Still a shit load easier then what I'm currently going through :p

That being said... I'm having fun doing my own thing!!

Parsnip trapped mobs to get gains. I caught him in the wild many times and killed his paragons.

dobber

Grandmaster
paragons long ago used to not have as small of a cap of how many gains you could get from them and so people could stay on one paragons for a long time. People would drag them across Sosaria shooting lightning until they were stuck in a corner. I don't see how this was an exploit.

Lazenby

Adept
So confused, I talked to 2 different staff and they said nothing could be done about people afk macroing talism, for example in a certain spot I killed a bunch of people....then a few weeks later the geography is switched so you can't stand there, and I see this post. I am so confused, can people afk level talism or not? Can we see an update on the rules about this?

Decreamos

Grandmaster
To be fair, I reported a bug a while back after I realized my talisman was level 10 over night and it was reset from level 10 to level 2.... Dunno why some people have their stuff reset and others do not. It's almost as if the people who 'do the right thing' and report bugs, get their shit ruined and the people who take advantage of and exploit it get away with it..

Also, it should probably be noted in the rules on the forums what is and is not against the rules in regards to leveling up dexer/mage talisman. The communication is lacking between staff and players and sometimes from staff member to staff member.

wow bro you got fucked. Carl still on staff? You know...the guy who dropped my house so one of his buddies could get it.