Taming, Fletching, Carpentry BODS

Gill

Master
I feel adding these three BOD systems could make those areas more interesting. I am 120 taming and i rarely go out taming anymore because i have the pets i want but adding BODs in would get more people out taming and taking the pre-tamed mobs out so we arent seeing a land full of strangely named animals roaming! not sure on rewards or anything but have seen them on other shards and thought it would be a great addition to UOF! @Shane @Adam @eppy

Last edited by a moderator:

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
The taming.....meh....not a crafting skill. But your definitely spot on with the fletching and carpentry. Fletching is an awesome craft in its self. But could use something to wake it up.
Carpentry got a little boost with the boat changes. But its probably the most under used skill.
The devs like more detailed suggestions though. Not just posts with ideas lacking detail.
make the BODs just like tailoring and Smithing. Fill the craftable items from that perspective trade. The rewards could be...
Fletching - Powder of Fortifying, Fletching kits with high useage count, Runic Fletching kits, Quivers
Carpentry - House deco items (i.e. bookcases w/books, fireplaces, most rewards would have to be decos) tools with high usage count.
edit later as I think of other stuff.

This I would love to see @JoeB and @eppy
and im very sure most crafters would. Alot of aspects and mechanics get the attention here but crafting has remained the same for long time.

Last edited by a moderator:

tader

Expert
Forgot tinkering should be thrown in there. Again really bods would have to give ss or deco.
The more I think about it though I don't think it's worth the dev time. Really dev time should be spent on finishing the half done custome systems currently in place.

amonseti

Grandmaster
Add a new ability for carpenters .. for house design ..
IE a GM carpenter could be assigned to a house by the house owner and would have accsess to just the customize options except for commit that would still need to be done by the owner . the carpenter could set a price/fee for the work he has done that would get added to the cutomization cost . When the owner commits the carpenters design gold will be taken from the house owners bank for the customization cost as it does now , the fee set by the carpenter would be placed in the carpenters bank minus a 5% builders levey (Gold sink).

Could even make it more interesting .. where the carpenter could make blueprints for house designs .. essentially saving a design in a deed format that a home owner could buy and appliy to there house . Would need to make a method to preview blueprint designs so might make this idea undoable easily . also the blue print name would discribe the house type the blue print is made for ie "A Blue print for an 18x18" ..
Creating a blueprint would only require Archetect tools and a blank scroll , This would not require designing in a house. When Archetect tools are used it would open a gump to select plot size to design , once a plot size is selected the carpenter would go into design mode . which would open up a tempory instanced version of the plot selected . and the standard house design tools . once the carpenter commits the design, the system will check the carpenters pack for a blank scroll and turn it into a blueprint of the design .

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
Love this idea too @amonseti !!!
I've assisted friends with house designs. But its on a much trusted basis. This could open up the market for a carpenter to provide the service to anyone in the realm. It would also eliminate the eye soars that plaque the countryside. Either due to, not being good at designing or not having the time.
You wouldnt need the blueprint thing cause all would have to do is put a selection in customization gump for assigning a designer. The designer would just have to save the design for reviewing by the owner. Then the owner would just have to commit. Carpenter can only customise does not have the ability to demolish or commit design.
AlsiAlso make the fee negotiable. 5% seems low. Designing a great house is a daunting task!

But ++++++1 for an awesome addition to this thread!