Taming issue

Slice N Dice

Grandmaster
My real level taming is at 60.5 and is stuck, been stuck for about 5 days of taming polar bears, walrus, hinds, timbers leopards
I know taming is a slow skill
I have other skills turned down
I have taming turned up
I eat and drink plenty
And my peacemaking is too low for scorpions

Anybody have a magic answer?

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
Are you successfully taming any of the animals you attempt? No idea but I'd try dying, that sometimes works for me lol

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
Dunno man I'd try taming scorpions. That what I did at 60 and had great gains up until the mid 70's. Peacemaking is pretty easy to train up, give it a shot

Qualtar

Master
Whats fake skill? I think you are getting close to shifting to panthers, great harts, grey wolves, and the oh so important second tames on the hinds and bears...Fake skill is the important number to tame, real skill is important because thats the skill need to bond. For example, I could tame a frienzied ostard at 77.1 fake, but could not bond til 77.1 real.

Slice N Dice

Grandmaster
Whats fake skill? I think you are getting close to shifting to panthers, great harts, grey wolves, and the oh so important second tames on the hinds and bears...Fake skill is the important number to tame, real skill is important because thats the skill need to bond. For example, I could tame a frienzied ostard at 77.1 fake, but could not bond til 77.1 real.
67.3. ill go try but i think with the amount of things ive been taming i should have atleast gotten some gain

berticus

Grandmaster
scorpions are fastest to 80+ it seems from most account's I've heard. i gained alright into 70s outside and made my way back.

don't get discouraged in the 70s. you feel like you don't gain for long spurts because your real skill is catching up to your shown skill. have fun with all that xD

berticus

Grandmaster
macro peacemaking on yourself overnight at brit bank. you should be able to gm that stuff fairly easily

Qualtar

Master
macro peacemaking on yourself overnight at brit bank. you should be able to gm that stuff fairly easily
Stuck at 87, or maybe just burnt out. LOL. Gains are still well on retames, great harts of all things, but am getting concerned on the last phase here.

Desi

Grandmaster
Actually I gm'ed taming off of a great hart. Quantity, until your eyes bleed. It's brutal but you just got to be persistent and slog through it.

Last edited by a moderator:

berticus

Grandmaster
i had best gains off harts and grizzlies til i hit 92 and burned up scrolls. hopefully you have some at your disposal sir

Qualtar

Master
Took a break from the tamer then hit with fury the last few days. Gmed this morning around 5am. Echoing the encouraging comments, if you dont wanna do dungeons then the animals are as follows. Bulls bulls and more bulls. Har, but also great harts, white wolves, grey wolves, grizzly bears, ridge backs, frenzys, and the occasions drake to mix it up. It is Sunday afternoon 3pm est. I started playing Friday morning around 10 am, took short breaks but ground from 92.5 to gm over the weekend. Yes it takes alot longer than gming warrior skills in a few hours on ettin paragons. Taming is one of the few skills that reminds me of the EA servers, a little anyway. Back when this game first began it took weeks if not months to gm any skill. Its like this, we are all gonna complain about something. Be grateful for chumpy power hour, and tremendous bonuses in dungeons. Most folks just simply do not have a concept of how hard this game use to be.

N49ATV

Adept
I remember when GM Provo was unheard of, and took months and months to GM. Most guys just played back then. When skill = %, people just started using it at 60.0 skill because you could. Didn't think they had to GM to have a shot. Oh how times have changed