Taming, lore, and the loss of meditation

Lord Hampton Royce

Grandmaster
im gonna fuck you guys up with some truth.

first of all, for a SOLELY PVP TAMER, you want to go 5x mage plus taming and lore.

beetles arent too good for pvp. if youre fighting other tamers, they might be, but for the most part ive never bothered to use em.

here are some tamer combos you can chose from, all which can work fairly well:

1. mare and dragon = 5x mage with gm lore and taming
2. mare and mare = 5x mage with gm lore and taming (plus able to ride ethy) - not a bad combo at all, especially for a dexxer
3. white wyrm and dragon = max damage but horrible mobility so fuck this
4. meta and mare = what i currently use @ 120 taming, 115 lore

the problem, however, is if you want to mess around with meta pets, youre going to need to get at least 115/115 or more, meaning youre going to have to lower your 5x mage skills obviously. and meta pets arent exactly great in pvp. and youd NEED your meta to be lvl 5 or 6 to even be worth using.

if you have over 100 gm taming/lore, i wouldnt suggest dropping meditation. i have 85 wrestling, and it works fairly well for me.

so i guess the question is, how often do you see yourself PVMing on your pvp tamer when he doesnt have any vet? i pvm a small amount, only because ive invested like 50mil in a meta pet + 120 taming + taming skillscrolls, etc.

if i were to make a suggestion to someone that doesnt want to go that route, simply go 5x mage with 100 lore and taming, and go with either the mare/dragon or mare/mare combo. if youve eaten a 120 powerscroll to increase your skill cap, throw it in something like hiding or tracking imo.

play around, and see which one works for you.

lollo

Grandmaster
I don't like pvping on my tamer, got 5 mages For that shit. I wanna use him exactly to grief other tamers by killing their pets and death beetle seems perfect For that task. That's why i'm going with 115/115. Gonna consider dropping 10 points in wrestling instead of medit

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
I had a 115/120 tame/lore with gm anat mace tactics 85 resist and 90 vet or something like that. Ran with frenzied ostard and mare and could drop ppl in 2 seconds with crushing plus fire breaths.

Lord Hampton Royce

Grandmaster
I don't like pvping on my tamer, got 5 mages For that shit. I wanna use him exactly to grief other tamers by killing their pets and death beetle seems perfect For that task. That's why i'm going with 115/115. Gonna consider dropping 10 points in wrestling instead of medit

if that is your goal in uo life, then i think that is the best route ^

TheFallen

Grandmaster
120 Taming 100 lore > 115/115. Expensive but only by the cost of the 120 Taming. You save on all Peacemaking and lore you don't have to buy. It is the best way to go (if you can afford it).

Lord Hampton Royce

Grandmaster
mathematically this is untrue ^

120 tamings have sold for 6-12m in recent sales

105 110 115 120 peacemaking and 115 lore combined are much less than a 120 taming.

you only need a 120 taming if you plan on messing with meta pets, IMO.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
mathematically this is untrue ^

120 tamings have sold for 6-12m in recent sales

105 110 115 120 peacemaking and 115 lore combined are much less than a 120 taming.

you only need a 120 taming if you plan on messing with meta pets, IMO.
How is that untrue. I didn't say it was the same price. I said it was the price of a 120 Taming minus the cost of 5/10/15 lore and 5/10/15/20 Peacemaking. It is by far better control than 115/115 and you don't have to lower any skills. 120 tame 100 lore = 118/118 for control.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
how do you figure?
Because I am smarter than most....

And because the formula for control is 90% Taming skill 10% lore.

So if you want a sick build go get 120 tame 0 lore and you will have the same control as 108/108 or go 115 tame 0 lore and have the same as 102/102. Giving you 100 skill for alchemy or scribe.

PS. Once you start using this template and realize how amazing it is I expect royalties.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Just because you didn't know about it doesn't mean it wasn't.
People just assume control uses 50/50 or simply don't know.

So my question is if it wasn't like that on osi how did it work. My guess is you don't know because I hate to break it to you but I'm right.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
If you don't believe me just drop your lore and check for yourself. As I said when you realize the power I just handed you feel free to compensate appropriately.

Lord Hampton Royce

Grandmaster
MAU2fGY.png

ihptHiN.png

lollo

Grandmaster
Right now i have 113 taming 0 lore and can't control large hellcats with more than 40% success.

So i guess that @TheFallen is wrong.

Control at 120 taming 100 lore might be good tho.

LHR you should give it a try, raising lore back to 115 from 100 should only take 1-2 Hours of afk macroing anyways