Test: 0 - 4xGM Mage Results

drinn

Grandmaster
I know the benefit of training in a dungeon...but it seems ripe for being griefed and losing your reagent stock...
Also how do you fit evaluate int. into the training?

if notice red
recall Safe place
wait 2min
recall back

Although does not work on blue PKs :(

But yea its good that Magery is that fast and cheap. Yesterday I found it pretty frustrating to fight back against some dexers hitting 40-50dmg, when Energy Bolts etc do 30-40dmg. ^ They got close while you were trying to cast.

Last edited by a moderator:

Weland

Grandmaster
I've been training a Heal mage in my house over the weekend. Using a macro to move one of each reg and casting on myself mana vamp once I got to that point. I've prob burned through 3k(ish) of each reg and only thing I'm still working is resist. The time difference is huge but still not expensive and you don't have to worry about macro trolls.

I'll prob finish resist in a dungeon this week just because I will be at my computer.

Total cost so far is about 20k. I don't have the exact numbers but even house training a mage isn't expensive. I also GM'd Eval and anatomy at the same time instead of using meditation the first day which slowed the process down a lot since I was only casting about once per minute or so. Once I GM'd those two I think in about half a day I went from 80+ to GM in me house and I have 5 points left of resist.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
We GM'd resist on one of our chars with 18 people casting mana vamp in about 20 mins

make some friends people

If one does not have 18 friends and has a mage free on another account, potentially, someone could halve the time it takes to GM resist using another account to cast mana vamp. I did this myself and resist is not really a hard skill to train, even with limited numbers, one could also summon a Daemon to help along.

lollo

Grandmaster
Yeah i always train resist with multiple mages casting mana vamp. Works wonders on pets too

Kiki

Grandmaster
Since I had the chance to work from home today and had one character slot left, I decided to track what it takes to become a 4x mage. We have seen some of these types of threads before, so i will just give you the down and dirty numbers and the process.

I started this morning and created a character with the following magic skills:

• 50 Resisting Spells
  • 48 Magery
  • 0 Meditation
  • 0 Evaluating Intelligence

I followed my typical Magery training steps which are:
  • Magery 0-48 Buy skill from Grandmaster Mage NPC
  • Magery 48 - 62.8 Cast Mana Drain on self
  • Magery 62.8 - 75.5 Cast Invisibility on Self
  • Magery 75.5 - 100.0 Cast Mana Vampire on Self
  • Resisting Spells -- Whereever I am after I GM Magery -- Cast Mana Vampire on Self till GM Resisting Spells
**Note: I performed all training in a dungeon.

Here are the results of time and materials:

TIME:
  • 2 Hours till GM Meditation
  • 4 Hours till GM Magery
  • 4.5 Hours till GM Evaluating Intelligence
  • 6 Hours till GM Resisting Spells

MATERIALS:

• 200 Nightshade (2gp each = 400gp)
  • 1345 Bloodmoss (4gp each = 5380gp)
  • 1512 Black Pearl (4gp each = 6048gp)
  • 1488 Spider's Silk (2gp each = 2976gp)
  • 1512 Mandrake Root (2gp each = 3024gp)

TOTAL COST:

• 17828gp

So in 6 hours and with 18k gold, you can have a 4x Mage ready to go.
I know this is a 4 year old thread, but I just wanted to quote this to say how many times I've used this and how much I love it broken down like this. Appreciated