Thank You

Judok

Apprentice
I played UO at release until after Trammy ruined it. I played on Catkills (when it was BaGooK, SUN, Shadowclan Orcs, etc.). Back when you could talk while hidden, the explos/halby/ebolt combo was king. Meditation did exist. Eval int did nothing. We put up human walls in deceit to fight skellie knights. We used boxes to trap balrons in Hyloth. We had HUGE 100 person server wars after the last save before a reboot.I could go on and on. I have also played on SP, IPY, uoforever. I am a legit UO junkie. Outside of UO I have played everything under the sun (EQ, Daoc, Warhammer, WoW, LoL (still play LoL), NWO, Rift, etc etc etc)). For some damn reason, there is nothing, and I mean NOTHING that compares to UO gameplay. It could literally have graphics where we are blocks (aka Atari Adventure), and if the gameplay were the same, I would play the hell out of it.

I like mining for 6 hours straight (somehow that is fun)
I like being PKd
I like PKing
I like the concept of true real world emulation.
I don't want to use the feature in razor that gives me perma-nightsight. I want to have to cast it, and hope it goes out at the worst time.
I hunt in dungeons for my money. Please come kill me. IF, and when you do kill me, don't rezz me. Loot me dry, and make me walk to a healer. Kill me horse too please.
I play on this server the original way.
My wife is playing here too
I also recruited a few newer gen gamers from work to play here as well.

I could probably write a book on this shit.

Anyway...I just want to say thanks to the people who run this. Personally, I am older now. I run a 60 person company (IT stuff). UO is my release from the HR issues, finance shit, and everything else that goes with it. For me, I can't thank you enough for having this up and running. I love it. I will gladly donate.

My main character name is Seton Hall

Kraden

Grandmaster
I played UO at release until after Trammy ruined it. I played on Catkills (when it was BaGooK, SUN, Shadowclan Orcs, etc.). Back when you could talk while hidden, the explos/halby/ebolt combo was king. Meditation did exist. Eval int did nothing. We put up human walls in deceit to fight skellie knights. We used boxes to trap balrons in Hyloth. We had HUGE 100 person server wars after the last save before a reboot.I could go on and on. I have also played on SP, IPY, uoforever. I am a legit UO junkie. Outside of UO I have played everything under the sun (EQ, Daoc, Warhammer, WoW, LoL (still play LoL), NWO, Rift, etc etc etc)). For some damn reason, there is nothing, and I mean NOTHING that compares to UO gameplay. It could literally have graphics where we are blocks (aka Atari Adventure), and if the gameplay were the same, I would play the hell out of it.

I like mining for 6 hours straight (somehow that is fun)
I like being PKd
I like PKing
I like the concept of true real world emulation.
I don't want to use the feature in razor that gives me perma-nightsight. I want to have to cast it, and hope it goes out at the worst time.
I hunt in dungeons for my money. Please come kill me. IF, and when you do kill me, don't rezz me. Loot me dry, and make me walk to a healer. Kill me horse too please.
I play on this server the original way.
My wife is playing here too
I also recruited a few newer gen gamers from work to play here as well.

I could probably write a book on this shit.

Anyway...I just want to say thanks to the people who run this. Personally, I am older now. I run a 60 person company (IT stuff). UO is my release from the HR issues, finance shit, and everything else that goes with it. For me, I can't thank you enough for having this up and running. I love it. I will gladly donate.

My main character name is Seton Hall

Happen to be hiring ;)

Sobz

Master
i totally agree with your concepts and especially the comment about how other games arent like uo pretty much they're way too repetitive and eventually get boring. That's one of my reasons as to whh i play uo as well. It's unique always will be

drinn

Grandmaster
That's the way to play this game.

Although you forgot the part, where you are fucking with newbies. That's one of the best parts of this game as well. Gating newbies to 1-pixel islands and leaving them there to chop a tree. ;) Slave island.

Comparing to WoW UO is excellent since you will lose almost everything (except here ppl have too many blessed items lol..) in your backpack and that way gives some adrenaline. WoW is just grinding gear, which you will never lose. Just gear getting broken.

One thing I find amazing is that players's wifes, or girlfriends are also playing UO and probably at the same shard. I would find it creepy, if my girlfriend played this game. For some reason same thing goes to Female WoW players. It's creepy lol.