the grand question again "Meta Pet"

Nukeworker

Apprentice
I looked on wiki..no thourough info on my case....i got my elder dragon 2 days ago...of course i am very satisfied with the abiilities of this creature especially with quick silver

My problem i have 120 taming and 115 lore

Well my entire template is

Mage GM
Med 80
VET GM
Music GM
Provo 105
taming 120
lore 115

So at the moment i have the luxury of 105 provo but i am thinking about getting 120 lore as my meta is not behaving very well..I have to literally spam all attack ...Actually on average my meta drag will attack on the third attempt

I wanted to try it out on test center but it seems not work...And if i ask some folks at the bank i am ignord...And since i am half european i am very polite LOL
But still no answer LOL
Another thing. What is this "timer" i see on my meta pets condition? I see all three of my relics...and yes i reached level 7 but what is this -------/2000000 points Atm i have 100000/2000000

Ah yes another thingy of course not mentioned on wikik can certain skills like poison or magery higher then 120 not be trained once lossed? In other words must i have skill scrolls to compensate for those lost skills on my pet if he dies?

All this is NOt on WIKI...And i cant find any info on it

I still play on Europa and Atlantic...And Stratics still rocks if you need info....Here it seems to be f...classified
Didnt mean to be rude but many thanks in advance for ANY information

Lexington

Grandmaster
IMO... drop your med if you go with 120 lore. Failing provo with higher mobs almost always ends in death.

From what I've heard you need to wrap pet experience 8 times to get 95% control on a level 7 meta... and that's with 120 / 120.

The dev team feel that meta pets needed to be nerfed... that why you cant retrain past the 120 mark without using skill scrolls. I personally can't #@$@ stand pet perm stat loss when we don't even have it for our REDS... It just promotes griefing.

Young Star

Grandmaster
You can sacrifice 5 vet if you want. Also use all guard me instead of all kill to attack mobs. If you get the message that your dragon is now guarding you it will attack whatever you attack. I have a macro that attacks closest then toggles warmode on and off so i minimize the chances of the mob switching to me.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Yup all good advice. Couple things to think about:

GM vet isn't quite as important as it used to be if you are in factions and use the faction vet to res your pets, but IMO you still always wanna go as high as you can with vet and...well...that means take it to GM.

Any less than 110 provo is not recommended for those that are serious about their PvM (that means you, 120 tamer with meta and QS). 120 provo to never ever fail for absolute peace of mind. Failing on high end stuff will be suicide so that leaves really only med to cannibalize for extra skill pts.

Most provo tamers who are 3x 120 either use a 90 magery/70 med split or GM magery/60 med.

Nukeworker

Apprentice
You can sacrifice 5 vet if you want. Also use all guard me instead of all kill to attack mobs. If you get the message that your dragon is now guarding you it will attack whatever you attack. I have a macro that attacks closest then toggles warmode on and off so i minimize the chances of the mob switching to me.
oh nice one!! I will try that out

Nukeworker

Apprentice
Yup all good advice. Couple things to think about:

GM vet isn't quite as important as it used to be if you are in factions and use the faction vet to res your pets, but IMO you still always wanna go as high as you can with vet and...well...that means take it to GM.

Any less than 110 provo is not recommended for those that are serious about their PvM (that means you, 120 tamer with meta and QS). 120 provo to never ever fail for absolute peace of mind. Failing on high end stuff will be suicide so that leaves really only med to cannibalize for extra skill pts.

Most provo tamers who are 3x 120 either use a 90 magery/70 med split or GM magery/60 med.
good point there

C

_Charles

Also, use "all guard" for most pvm scenarios.

Make a hot key to find target.

Make a hot key to attack target (you, not the pet).

Pet will listen basically 100% of the time.

Nukeworker

Apprentice
Also, use "all guard" for most pvm scenarios.

Make a hot key to find target.

Make a hot key to attack target (you, not the pet).

Pet will listen basically 100% of the time.
Many thanks for the tip! I must say i did recieve alof of good info on this thread. Thanks again all of you!!!. :)

Lexington

Grandmaster
Many thanks for the tip! I must say i did recieve alof of good info on this thread. Thanks again all of you!!!. :)

Most important thing to remember is... aside from the 3 skills you'll eventually want to have @ 120, the others can easily be tweaked to suit your playing preference.