The Meta Dexxer's Lounge and Beard Bar

parsnip

Grandmaster
ogre lords, cyclopses, ogre mages, dragons, drakes, anything with a lot of HP basically and especially paragons

Good list! Some more suggestions: Titans, vampires, ancient lichs, deep earth elementals, paragon ettins/ogres/trolls/lichs etc

Zerkers - Keep your AR low, joust if necessary, slayer armor very useful, don't use a shield/parry (too much AR)
Defense - Keep your AR high, usually no need to joust, slayer armor useful but not essential especially at higher levels, start with parry and always have a shield equipped but you can drop parry to 50 at later levels

Given the types of mobs you will be killing, arms lore is a no brainer. It makes a huge difference to consistency of damage and therefore XP gains.

I suggest you close the XP progress while farming, it is too distracting. Once you know which mobs give good XP, close the XP progress and just go farm and have some fun. If you are steadily farming the right mobs, your XP will raise fast enough - Just don't expect to be level 10 in 2 weeks!

yamman

Journeyman
Cheers for the help! Any suggestions on who can make slayer ar? Or where I can buy it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Da Witch Dr

Master
So this is a suggestion and would like to know thoughts from the Dexxer community. I have a defense Dexxer L10 with all 5 relics.... Love him.... However I am wanting to strive for more...

What if we could gain xp to equip wicked awesome looking weapons (thinking aesthetic). Maybe implement craftable weapons that can only be equipped by dexxers at a certain weapon mastery level (new arms lore quest?)

Similar to the talisman quest have one tailored to weapons .... Fulfill the quest... Choose the weapon style of choice (swords, fencing, mace, etc) them level up. Example I am a fencer... Say I choose the fencing line of weapon and now I can level up... From here imagination can go wild. It could be different looking weapons.... Weapons with modifiers.... Damage buffs... Or passive buffs (i.e. Increased gold drop modifier) Or something completely new!?

To be clear I am not trying to further increase the OP-ness of meta dexxers but add something new and fun to strive for... Thx guys and gals

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
Can anyone give me details on what each level does?
I know berzerk gives a % dmg increase each talisman level, and im guessing magery does also.
what does defense give per lvl? dmg reduction or something?

Hey guys, i'm getting close to needing the arch-demon for my first talisman. Would you guys recommend zerker or defense tally for a solo player?

Delvorin

Grandmaster
Hey guys, i'm getting close to needing the arch-demon for my first talisman. Would you guys recommend zerker or defense tally for a solo player?

I think most of us will tell you it depends on playstyle. Do you like dealing big damage? Or do you prefer standing this, not having to run off too much and just whacking the monster?

I think either is nice for soloing, but if you want to fight harder stuff I'd say go with defense. May not hit as hard as berserker, but will be able to handle damage from monsters much better and survive more easily.

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
Ya really just comes down to do you wanna fuck shit up or do you wanna slowly fuck shit up and not die

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dimok

Master
Dont forget, you can always get to a berserker meta level you're happy with and toss on armor or even switch to archery if that's more your play style. I've noticed I am running away to heal/bandage A LOT on the zerker, and plan on tossing on armor late stage for farming.

Fattson

Grandmaster
Update!

Level ten zerk with level ten ds, level seven tread, level three infect. Here's some notes:

Arms lore - Get it.

Lj vs. kat - With leveling the tread, it's vital to have access to a refresh pot when you need it. The new gump has made the timing even easier. Thanks again, @eppy . Tread continues to improve and impress as I level it. The damage difference between a kat and a lj is astounding. If you don't have a tread and you have lj currently then keep it. A slayer double axe with lj and level ten zerk plus level ten ds racks up crazy damage.

Infect - meh.

Also, dropped magery to 20 in favor of archery. I don't use the bow for farming, it's for champs. The versatility that swords and archery give me in the champ game is great. You lose the ability to tread as often as you would like but if you want a bow then chances are you're fighting mobs that you don't want in your face anyway, so the use of that relic dwindles a bit.

Good luck and happy talismaning.

Delvorin

Grandmaster
Update!

Level ten zerk with level ten ds, level seven tread, level three infect. Here's some notes:

Arms lore - Get it.

Lj vs. kat - With leveling the tread, it's vital to have access to a refresh pot when you need it. The new gump has made the timing even easier. Thanks again, @eppy . Tread continues to improve and impress as I level it. The damage difference between a kat and a lj is astounding. If you don't have a tread and you have lj currently then keep it. A slayer double axe with lj and level ten zerk plus level ten ds racks up crazy damage.

Infect - meh.

Also, dropped magery to 20 in favor of archery. I don't use the bow for farming, it's for champs. The versatility that swords and archery give me in the champ game is great. You lose the ability to tread as often as you would like but if you want a bow then chances are you're fighting mobs that you don't want in your face anyway, so the use of that relic dwindles a bit.

Good luck and happy talismaning.

Grats Fattson. What's the chance and cd of lvl 10 DS?

Delvorin

Grandmaster
Not sure if you have been using it but there's a great macro script for leveling tread on this thread. Got mine to lvl 10 in 2 weeks and took that long only because i lost connection a lot and got killed plenty. Someone said how tread is better than double strike on a selling thread and I just chuckled. But now I realize you can guarantee 300 damage with tread as opposed to chance at a second strike. That really is awesome.

Desi

Grandmaster
Best. thread. ever.

Currently a level two 'zerker. Any suggestions on first relic to invest in?

Zoobler

Grandmaster
Desi I suggest tread first. I leveled in dastard on dragons so an instant tread knocked fire-breath damage down considerably where I almost never had to run and bandage.

Delvorin

Grandmaster
Best. thread. ever.

Currently a level two 'zerker. Any suggestions on first relic to invest in?

I agree with Zoobler. As nice as double strike is, you can max tread through macroing when you're not playing and that max damage of 300 is amazing. As I mentioned before, there is a macro script somewhere on this thread and it's really helpful. Just find an isolated corpser in the forest somewhere and you're good to go.

ProdigyOsi

Grandmaster
PSA: you can macro any relic. I had level 10 DS with ~200 XP total on my talisman.

Even infected, I would imagine. It would be a huge pain in the ass though, so most don't bother.