The State of UOF (PKs and purple pots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
I'll admit: a bit part of my view here is some sort of character flaw. I hate a lack of build diversity in online games. UO used to never be that game.

In any game I play, I refuse to abuse the uber popular, cheap mechanic. I won't run net decks in card games, I don't research top DPS builds in MMOs, and I won't run with numbers, ganking distracted PvM chars. Yes, the above makes me 'bad' at PvP. I'm good with it.

drasked

Grandmaster
Maybe Shane thought that the idea regarding this held ground in some way? Perhaps not what has been described in here but the possibility of something stemming from the idea. Not really a thought wrenching possibility unless you are adamantly against anything provided in this thread.

If you honestly think limiting explo pots to the alchemy skill and adding explo pot protection to parry without having to change like a bunch of other stuff is a good thing you are ********.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
If you honestly think limiting explo pots to the alchemy skill and adding explo pot protection to parry without having to change like a bunch of other stuff you are ********.
Other stuff was also suggested, like fixing the running issue, buffing Poisoning for mages and requiring an empty hand to use potions. A lot of suggestions have been made.

drasked

Grandmaster
Other stuff was also suggested, like fixing the running issue, buffing Poisoning for mages and requiring an empty hand to use potions. A lot of suggestions have been made.

None of which address the problem created by limiting explo pots to the alchemy skill.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
If you honestly think limiting explo pots to the alchemy skill and adding explo pot protection to parry without having to change like a bunch of other stuff is a good thing you are ********.

Are you dense or something? This entire debate is about discussing the possibility of other alternatives, it does not matter if the idea is great or quite pathetic, what counts is the discussion regarding this and how additional possibilities could be viable to further increase the diversity of builds. Referring to the ******** comment is pretty much a serious flaw in your character, especially when someone challenges your play-style. Sorry, you could have handled that last comment a little better.

drasked

Grandmaster
Are you dense or something? This entire debate is about discussing the possibility of other alternatives, it does not matter if the idea is great or quite pathetic, what counts is the discussion regarding this and how additional possibilities could be viable to further increase the diversity of builds. Referring to the ******** comment is pretty much a serious flaw in your character, especially when someone challenges your play-style. Sorry, you could have handled that last comment a little better.

You can't just say, change this and that so i like it more, oh and you will probably have to change a bunch of other stuff that i don't care about.

Limiting expl pots to the alchemy skill creates huge balance and variety issues as i have already explained, instead of discussing those we are discussing if it would actually create balance and variety issues to begin with.

What do you guys know about the current mechanics that i don't that makes you think limiting explo pots to the alchy skill will not create problems?

For example, if we throw in all other pots together with expl pots. Only people with alchemy are allowed to use any pots. This suggestion in itself would create HUGE balance and variety problems. Not addressing those is kind of an asshole move.

K A Z

Grandmaster

builds are already very diverse ? Hell, fucking Jamiez is even playing a freaking Archermage these days. At the end of the day this Shard is based around pub 15/16, and ain't nothing is going to change that.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
You can't just say, change this and that so i like it more, oh and you will probably have to change a bunch of other stuff that i don't care about.

Limiting expl pots to the alchemy skill creates huge balance and variety issues as i have already explained, instead of discussing those we are discussing if it would actually create balance and variety issues to begin with.

What do you guys know about the current mechanics that i don't that makes you think limiting explo pots to the alchy skill will not create problems?

Personally, I am all for the extra dimension which *could* possibly be created by spreading out a few things. Of course, it may not work but this is what we have a test centre for to see if things like this can be tuned to work for everyone. IF it doesn't work out, then nothing changes, there really is no crime in someone suggesting something. Calling people ******** is a great way to create conflict in a pretty peaceful thread. Come on man, thought you were better than that.

builds are already very diverse ? Hell, fucking Jamiez is even playing a freaking Archermage these days. At the end of the day this Shard is based around pub 15/16, and ain't nothing is going to change that.

Why the major freak out over a suggestion? It will probably NEVER get changed to that anyway. Jesus, I think the best thing with this is for no one to mention another suggestion, ever again.

drasked

Grandmaster
Personally, I am all for the extra dimension which *could* possibly be created by spreading out a few things. Of course, it may not work but this is what we have a test centre for to see if things like this can be tuned to work for everyone. IF it doesn't work out, then nothing changes, there really is no crime in someone suggesting something. Calling people ******** is a great way to create conflict in a pretty peaceful thread. Come on man, thought you were better than that.

You can focus on me using the word ******** after 100's of post on this subject or you can address the matters at hand.

A test center is not needed to tell you the change suggested would result in pvp becoming very frustrating and bland, it's in fact very obvious that the suggested change without changing like 30+ other mechanics would grind pvp to a halt. That you guys keep ignoring seasoned pvpers telling you this fact is kind of frustrating, yes.

K A Z

Grandmaster

Why the major freak out over a suggestion? It will probably NEVER get changed to that anyway. Jesus, I think the best thing with this is for no one to mention another suggestion, ever again.

it's a bad suggestion and not thought through at all. No one is against suggestions, but if you've not PvPed on this Server / are starting your thread by saying "IF THIS IS NOT GOING TO BE ADDRESSED I WILL NOT PLAY" you should be auto-banned from these boards.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
You can focus on me using the word ******** after 100's of post on this subject or you can address the matters at hand.

A test center is not needed to tell you the change suggested would result in pvp becoming very frustrating and bland, it's in fact very obvious that the suggested change without changing like 30+ other mechanics would grind pvp to a halt. That you guys keep ignoring seasoned pvpers telling you this fact is kind of frustrating, yes.

I will focus on the word ******** because there was no need or justification to use it, that is a flaw in your character when you disagree with someone.

The question is not about ignoring seasoned PVPers *which I find that comment there quite amusing due to a few reasons which wont be mentioned* the question is how you guys are defending something so rigorously when in fact, you know full well it will never be implemented in the first place. I highly recommend that you stop taking this game so seriously for the sake of your health.....

Darkarna

Grandmaster
it's a bad suggestion and not thought through at all. No one is against suggestions, but if you've not PvPed on this Server / are starting your thread by saying "IF THIS IS NOT GOING TO BE ADDRESSED I WILL NOT PLAY" you should be auto-banned from these boards.

Well, the OP has quite clearly stated he has PVPed quite a lot on this server which, should give him grounds to provide such a suggestion, I mean everyone else does. As for quitting the server if things are not changed, then yes, I agree with you completely regarding that point.

drasked

Grandmaster
I will focus on the word ******** because there was no need or justification to use it, that is a flaw in your character when you disagree with someone.

The question is not about ignoring seasoned PVPers *which I find that comment there quite amusing due to a few reasons which wont be mentioned* the question is how you guys are defending something so rigorously when in fact, you know full well it will never be implemented in the first place. I highly recommend that you stop taking this game so seriously for the sake of your health.....

When @Shane starts liking ideas that are in essence broken i am either getting super trolled or have good reason to highlight why a suggestion is bad.

I'm doing this from the comfort of my office chair getting payed an hourly wage, don't worry about me my friend.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
When @Shane starts liking ideas that are in essence broken i am either getting super trolled or have good reason to highlight why a suggestion is bad.

I'm doing this from the comfort of my office chair getting payed an hourly wage, don't worry about me my friend.

Unfortunately, some people can not see the potential that could come from an idea, not necessarily the idea that is presented, but something else that could be explored regarding something similar following the same ground. As for defending yourself about sitting in an office char earning an hourly wage? Good for you. I hope it fulfils all your dreams but really I didn't really need to know that, I was merely expressing my exasperation at the use of a certain word to describe what someone else feels about someone else when they do not share the same feeling about something.

drasked

Grandmaster
Unfortunately, some people can not see the potential that could come from an idea, not necessarily the idea that is presented, but something else that could be explored regarding something similar following the same ground. As for defending yourself about sitting in an office char earning an hourly wage? Good for you. I hope it fulfils all your dreams but really I didn't really need to know that, I was merely expressing my exasperation at the use of a certain word to describe what someone else feels about someone else when they do not share the same agreement about something.

You seemed to worry about my health, i'm just trying to let you know i'm all good. But thanks for taking such a personal interest in me instead of the matters at hand.

The initial suggestion is a stupid suggestion and no further clarification has been given thus far.

Baby Blue

Master
I dunno... 7 pages of crying. How many threads you're going to do about explode potions? I think @Winstonian should stop... I'll help you with pots if you stop trolling. Feel free to msg me... kto on discord. Very toxic thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Winstonian

Grandmaster
For example, if we throw in all other pots together with expl pots. Only people with alchemy are allowed to use any pots. This suggestion in itself would create HUGE balance and variety problems. Not addressing those is kind of an asshole move.
Hello straw man. No one is suggesting this.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
I dunno... 7 pages of crying. How many threads you're going to do about explode potions? I think @Winstonian should stop... I'll help you with pots if you stop trolling. Feel free to msg me... kto on discord. Very toxic thread.
Not trolling. Sincere suggestion. Others seem to agree. I know it's frustrating that other options may differ from your own.

drasked

Grandmaster
Hello straw man. No one is suggesting this.

Now i remember you.

You are the guy who almost got his ass whooped 1v1 on wrong roof using 2 mares + archery and coming in pre-reflected.

You are also the guy that suggested that if you agress someone you should be locked in on the same screen with the person that is being agressed.

You have no clue about pvp.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
Now i remember you.

You are the guy who almost got his ass whooped 1v1 on wrong roof using 2 mares + archery and coming in pre-reflected.

You are also the guy that suggested that if you agress someone you should be locked in on the same screen with the person that is being agressed.

You have no clue about pvp.
Wait, what? The wrong roof fight was defined as anything goes. I was challenged. I happened to win. So yeah, anything goes... is there an issue?

Sounds like you can confirm that I've PvPed here. Thanks.

(I love the "almost got your ass kicked". Which means... not? Right.)

Status
Not open for further replies.