The State of UOF (PKs and purple pots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lollo

Grandmaster
http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_16

60b7c76fae9be4ca602072c15e9e0825.jpg

Pub. 16 was UOR and alchy bonus was in. So This is in fact UO:R pvp and You can decide not to participate if You don't like it.
No one, i repeat, no one, will notice your absence from the pvp scene

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
Every single pvping mage runs with agility pots, heal pots, cure pots, refresh pots and strength pots as well. What about dexxers?

not sure why people keep making this comparison since explo pot mechanics are specifically modified to be easier to use on UOF

no other potion mechanic has been modified to make it easier for people to use

cure , heal , poison, agility, strength, refresh - THEY WORK THE SAME WAY THEY DID AS 1997

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_16

60b7c76fae9be4ca602072c15e9e0825.jpg

Pub. 16 was UOR and alchy bonus was in. So This is in fact UO:R pvp and You can decide not to participate if You don't like it.
No one, i repeat, no one, will notice your absence from the pvp scene

NOTICE that it doesn't say anything about being able to throw explo pots while wielding a 2 hand weapon, OR that they no longer cause splash damage to blues/reds/ hmmmmmmm

Winstonian

Grandmaster
Listen man, I'm trying my hardest not to verbally destroy you, and doing my best to explain things in ways I think you might be able to understand them. However it's becoming more difficult with every post you make.

I already told you, players will use the templates they enjoy playing. This does not mean the only viable template is a stun mage, just that most people enjoy playing a stun mage. I'm not going to force people to play 5x mages with cooking and taste ID because you don't like that everyone has stun.

I omitted part 3 because I never agreed that stun tamers were a super OP unbeatable template. I also realize if I die in this game it's because I made a mistake, not because someone else is playing a certain template. If you rage about dying, maybe this isn't the game for you.
If you rage about dying... that's hilarious. You mean how the majority of 'PvPers' here raged about dying to stun tamers and had them nerfed? Oh, right... like that.

Your second paragraph shows that you've completely missed everything I've said here. Everyone plays a stun mage and throws pots because it's the most effective way to play. Period. Those aren't my words: that's from the PvP elite. The ISSUE is that skills haven't been tweaked to present equally viable builds. I don't know how else to say it. It's the exact same thing that K A Z pounded the table for in his suggestion thread: PvP is redundant and stale. It's the same shit every fight.

Instead of tweaking the system to present numerous builds of equal effectiveness, the server is content with things being just the way they are. And that was my initial fucking question. Is this the way that the staff feels UOF PvP should be? If so: great! (Even the PvPers aren't satisfied, but what the hell... 10% of the shard PvPs, so it must be working! Right?)

Baby Blue

Master
Seen about as much if not more dexxers as mages lately. Alchemy mage is the deadliest 1v1 mage template if you know how to play it. It isn't the easiest one though. Scribe mage, healer mage, tank mages... all good in their own way.

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
not sure why people keep making this comparison since explo pot mechanics are specifically modified to be easier to use on UOF

no other potion mechanic has been modified to make it easier for people to use

cure , heal , poison, agility, strength, refresh - THEY WORK THE SAME WAY THEY DID AS 1997

actually let me contradict myself.. potions do not actually work how they worked in 1997. You used to be able to drink pots while wielding a 2hand weapon, I remember fights with heavy x bows while chugging pots without disarming

so even OSI has a history of making potions HARDER to use!

yet UOF is in love with their EASY MODE purple pots

lollo

Grandmaster
If you rage about dying... that's hilarious. You mean how the majority of 'PvPers' here raged about dying to stun tamers and had them nerfed? Oh, right... like that.

Your second paragraph shows that you've completely missed everything I've said here. Everyone plays a stun mage and throws pots because it's the most effective way to play. Period. Those aren't my words: that's from the PvP elite. The ISSUE is that skills haven't been tweaked to present equally viable builds. I don't know how else to say it. It's the exact same thing that K A Z pounded the table for in his suggestion thread: PvP is redundant and stale. It's the same shit every fight.

Instead of tweaking the system to present numerous builds of equal effectiveness, the server is content with things being just the way they are. And that was my initial fucking question. Is this the way that the staff feels UOF PvP should be? If so: great! (Even the PvPers aren't satisfied, but what the hell... 10% of the shard PvPs, so it must be working! Right?)

People raged about stun tamers because it was a pay to win 8x template.
You needed 12-15 millz to make one, which meant only the rich could use and abuse it.

I'm pretty sure all the people Who bitched couldn't afford one.

You literally don't know anything about the history of This shard or the history of pvp on freeshards. Wait You don't know anything about pvp in general

Status
Not open for further replies.