The thrill is gone ...

How is it? They're in "factions" they've decided to pvp at the highest level, they deserve to use wands. You want to use them, join factions.....

How this logic could work fine in Ultima Online? For me just limit new players to start doing pvp, turning the game more item based and again unbalancing the fights against blue players (which they will always exists and right now are screwed up). Wands for everyone or nobody

Darkarna

Grandmaster
How is it? They're in "factions" they've decided to pvp at the highest level, they deserve to use wands. You want to use them, join factions.....

Or just add them so everyone can use them which would resolve this argument once and for all. I mean, PVP does not exist only with factions, you are aware of that right? Oh never mind, I forgot...

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Or just add them so everyone can use them which would resolve this argument once and for all. I mean, PVP does not exist only with factions, you are aware of that right? Oh never mind, I forgot...

the thing is with this is shane does not want pks with wands (thou 90% of reds are in factions anyway they cant use dmg wands on non factions.)

while i agree 100% it should be all or none this is the major reason we dont have it already.

Lexington

Grandmaster

This would work fine if wands were restricted to the highest level of PVP (if that's what factions is?) but they are not. Every time a faction player fights a non faction player, no matter the current flag grey, red or blue, if they do not have the same option to use a wand it's unbalanced. It's clear as Mud.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
wands and firehorns just made it harder for newbs to get into PVP... the fact they added this shit without bolas just makes the problem of running forever on this shard even worse.

You can legit spam a gheal wand every 4 seconds and a lightening wand can be scripted -- not sure why that is good for faction PVP but bolas are not? There used to be talk of only EQMS would benefit from bolas but now that the shard has multiple large groups(werkt has 18 factioenrs on last night) its pretty apparent that argument is no longer valid.

Baby Blue

Master
I'd say maybe wands and firehorns shouldn't sync together so well. I haven't played a battle bard so I don't know if it's too good to be real. Would I like to get rid of wands? Definitely no. I'd want wands for everyone, not just for factioners.

I wasn't a huge fan of wands at first because wands were a new thing for me but I really like wands. They make killing easier e.g. when you are chasing someone or syncing someone. Also when you get stunned gheal wand or even mini heal wand can be a life saver. Maybe it's an item based pvp but wands are pretty cool once you learn how to use them.

Before you pretty much had to stun to get a kill. With wands you can actually kill someone who's running away. In my opinion pvp shouldn't be all about the same syncs and rails. It's good to have more choices and templates. I have bought a lot of wands and wands are the only reason I farm.

I don't support bolas. Bolas would be harsh for players like myself who likes to fight outnumbered. I think wands are balanced since there's both dmg and heal wands. If you can't gank someone without bolas, perhaps it's time to practice? I don't have problems to gank someone even though I play from Northern Europe. I feel like bolas would be only good for zergs. Making zerging even easier than it already is!

Last edited by a moderator: