Tinker Trapped Boxes and Stacked corpses

halygon

Grandmaster
Two items here:

1) Tinker trapped boxes once locked and unlocked always explode on you. On other shards and OSI, the process is, you tinker trap a box or chest, lock it then unlock it and it is disarmed and can be opened freely without damage. In addition, if this disarmed box/chest is in your inventory, then upon being snooped, it explodes on snooper. This is how a thief proof box is made (well it kills them the first time they snoop it). Here, however, the box once locked initially will always explode regardless of if it is disarmed or not. Can we get a fix?

2) I've noticed that corpses that are stacked donot open properly. For example (what happened to me), a blue dies in town. Then a looter comes up, stands on same tile as blue corpse, attempts to loot, but gets guard whacked. Then a person seeing the grey corpse name appear, clicks on corpse name and the corpse opens.... But behold, since the corpses are stacked, it is possible that the blue corpse is opened instead of the grey one (even though the grey corpse was clicked on). You see what happens here, guy grabs loot thinking it's from grey corpse and BAM, he is now guard whacked! Additionally, this bug can easily be seen when farming mobs and killing then on too of each other... Sometimes it's impossible to actually open the right corpse because of the stacking bug. Can we get this resolved?

wreckognize

Grandmaster
''2) I've noticed that corpses that are stacked donot open properly. For example (what happened to me), a blue dies in town. Then a looter comes up, stands on same tile as blue corpse, attempts to loot, but gets guard whacked. Then a person seeing the grey corpse name appear, clicks on corpse name and the corpse opens.... But behold, since the corpses are stacked, it is possible that the blue corpse is opened instead of the grey one (even though the grey corpse was clicked on). You see what happens here, guy grabs loot thinking it's from grey corpse and BAM, he is now guard whacked! Additionally, this bug can easily be seen when farming mobs and killing then on too of each other... Sometimes it's impossible to actually open the right corpse because of the stacking bug. Can we get this resolved?''

i copied this to a text file for future lols

halygon

Grandmaster
wreckognize said:
''2) I've noticed that corpses that are stacked donot open properly. For example (what happened to me), a blue dies in town. Then a looter comes up, stands on same tile as blue corpse, attempts to loot, but gets guard whacked. Then a person seeing the grey corpse name appear, clicks on corpse name and the corpse opens.... But behold, since the corpses are stacked, it is possible that the blue corpse is opened instead of the grey one (even though the grey corpse was clicked on). You see what happens here, guy grabs loot thinking it's from grey corpse and BAM, he is now guard whacked! Additionally, this bug can easily be seen when farming mobs and killing then on too of each other... Sometimes it's impossible to actually open the right corpse because of the stacking bug. Can we get this resolved?''

i copied this to a text file for future lols

Fair enough.. I lol'd myself when I realized what happened. What was actually funny though is the guy that got guard whacked after me when he tried to loot my corpse but opened the blue corpse cause of the bug... I was on the same tile when I died.

thechemicals

Apprentice
halygon said:
Two items here:

1) Tinker trapped boxes once locked and unlocked always explode on you. On other shards and OSI, the process is, you tinker trap a box or chest, lock it then unlock it and it is disarmed and can be opened freely without damage. In addition, if this disarmed box/chest is in your inventory, then upon being snooped, it explodes on snooper. This is how a thief proof box is made (well it kills them the first time they snoop it). Here, however, the box once locked initially will always explode regardless of if it is disarmed or not. Can we get a fix?

I like the way trap box works here. You set the trap and then keep it unlocked. Unlocked trap boxes can explode on anyone opening them. I have killed about 6 people since i gm'd tinkering a week ago, its really making reds think twice about using auto open all bags lol.

I had a thief die snooping my trap box as well so im not sure what you are talking about. However, i am not sure of this, but i do believe that if a thief is hidden and snoops your trap box- he is invincible to the damage. This should be looked into. Invisible sticky fingers are not invincible.

halygon

Grandmaster
thechemicals said:
halygon said:
Two items here:

I like the way trap box works here. You set the trap and then keep it unlocked. Unlocked trap boxes can explode on anyone opening them. I have killed about 6 people since i gm'd tinkering a week ago, its really making reds think twice about using auto open all bags lol.

I had a thief die snooping my trap box as well so im not sure what you are talking about. However, i am not sure of this, but i do believe that if a thief is hidden and snoops your trap box- he is invincible to the damage. This should be looked into. Invisible sticky fingers are not invincible.

Oh yeah they explode when snooped or attempted to be opened at all. Basically I'm saying the disarm feature is not working as expected. The issue is that when it is disarmed and in your backpack, it *should* not blow up on you when you open it. I always use this to store my regs, pots, weapons, etc in a safe place on my body to prevent a thief from stealing. Two thieves can bypass this by letting the first die then the second steal, but that usually doesn't happen. That is how it has always worked previously (except on uof).

IDK maybe it was done that way on purpose here, but it seems like a bug to me.

Pronotr

Contre Jour

Здравствуйте! Как вы относитесь к молодым композиторам?