Titans

lost

Grandmaster
Why is it that titans are the ones that drop skill scrolls the most? I can spend 5 minutes killing a single paragon balrons or shadow wyrm paragon and never see an ss but non paragon titans its almost every other REGULAR titan drops an SS, to the point where it's necessary to include them in my farming route as a priority over balrons, daemons, dragons, shadow wyrms, ethereal daemons etc. Even a paragon titan has rewarded me more on average with an SS than any other paragon I kill. It seems backwards for the risk vs reward of a titan vs something like a balron..yet it continues to remain that way.

Why? I'm pretty sure evil mages have better chance also.

Magpie

Adept
My buddy and I were talking about how loot tables are really unsatisfying lately.

We used to hunt liches like crazy because they would often drop interesting loot... SS.. sandals.. good magic weps/armor. Now, it's just gold pretty much. 6 months ago, my friend was hunting liches all weekend, and I think he got like 3 taming ss from liches in one day. That's probably too much, but it was exciting to get anyway.

Also, like you're saying, all these extremely tough mobs drop a good amount of gold but never any chance for something great.

It appears that the GMs switch up which mobs drop semi-rare loot every few months here and right now it's Titans.

I wish they would spread out the % likelihood of getting SS/Magic Weps/Semi-Rares across a lot of medium to difficult mobs.

lost

Grandmaster
yeah everytime i see a paragon balron or shadow wyrm now i just say fuck that and avoid that farm spot, its not worth the time compared to how many titans i can kill in the same amount of time

Yagyu

Adept
yeah everytime i see a paragon balron or shadow wyrm now i just say fuck that and avoid that farm spot, its not worth the time compared to how many titans i can kill in the same amount of time
Paragon loot is really lame. I've never seen paragon drop a ss... just a little gold. And a chest with a few items. The best part is the reags...

They should fix loot and make harder mobs drop at higher rates. Also make the paragon loot better. Maybe add a ss to every chest. Really make it worth it. People freak the fuck out when they see paragons...should make the reward better. I wish they'd let more mobs drop the ss as well. Terathian avengers come to mind. Dread spiders. Should be a few more.

Bromista

Grandmaster
My favorite is that ancient shadow wyrms and shadow balrons, two of the toughest guys in the game, have 0 chance to drop skill scrolls but their "Average" counterparts drop them pretty heavily.

blackbeltjones

Grandmaster
i think the skill scroll drop rate has been scaled back a bit to stabalize the economy. Either theives are stealing the scrolls from titans or i'm just really unlucky when i farm those.

Yagyu

Adept
My favorite is that ancient shadow wyrms and shadow balrons, two of the toughest guys in the game, have 0 chance to drop skill scrolls but their "Average" counterparts drop them pretty heavily.
I have got numerous, maybe 20+ from shadow balrons in Deceit.
Does this server have an updated list of what drops them, sort of like they did with the slayers? I am very curious if the ancient shadow wyrms do. I farm hyloth and destard and Ive never seen much for SS, yet can do cove orc fort and get 20 in an hour off mages. I would kill to see the drop rates, and what type of creatues are capable of dropping.

It is very very sad they added more basically "useless" skill scrolls, and the price on stuff like taming is up over 300k. Was that the intention?

Bromista

Grandmaster
I have got numerous, maybe 20+ from shadow balrons in Deceit.
Does this server have an updated list of what drops them, sort of like they did with the slayers? I am very curious if the ancient shadow wyrms do. I farm hyloth and destard and Ive never seen much for SS, yet can do cove orc fort and get 20 in an hour off mages. I would kill to see the drop rates, and what type of creatues are capable of dropping.

It is very very sad they added more basically "useless" skill scrolls, and the price on stuff like taming is up over 300k. Was that the intention?
Shadow daemons, for sure. Shadow balrons can loot SS from shadow daemons when they die but do not have them in their loot table to begin with.

Staff

Young Player Help
Loot tables haven't been touched aside from a slight nerf to overall gold drop from all mobs and a decrease in taming SS. The actual drop rate of the scrolls wasn't touched.

I also don't mind buffing paragon chests. Perhaps I could make them have a chance to drop their equivalent statue in paragon form and increase SS drop rates from them

DragonxBC

Grandmaster
Loot tables haven't been touched aside from a slight nerf to overall gold drop from all mobs and a decrease in taming SS. The actual drop rate of the scrolls wasn't touched.

I also don't mind buffing paragon chests. Perhaps I could make them have a chance to drop their equivalent statue in paragon form and increase SS drop rates from them
This would be great, because it will make stealing and killing each other over paragorn mobs much more aggressive and attractive, i love stealing peoples paragorn mobs.

" Hey that paragorn mine!"
Me- " Sorry i didnt notice your name on it "

Don Key

Master
People already kill for paragon drops. My first week, out killing ettins in despise and I got pk'd by two blues that wanted my paragon ettin loot.

(both names written down in my newbie book so I will get my revenge. Sweet, sweet revenge).

amonseti

Grandmaster

I like this .. I Especially like paragon chests having exclusive loot like the statue you mentioned. Perhaps the exclusive loot content could be expanded on for not just statues. Like unique types of named Slayer weapons .. IE a lich could drop a Repond slayer weapon named something like "Touch of Death {Katana, Bow, Mace, etc}" the hue of these weapons would be paragon red. and all slayers of this type would have same attributes to be determined ie {Slayer type} Power, Accurate. I think we have enough static deco items id like to see something we can use. this idea would not unbalance anything as in the end its just a (in my above example) Repond power accurate katana.

Bromista

Grandmaster

I think that is a good idea overall.

How about a serious buff to the badass paragons like the shadow balrons and ancient shadow wyrms? Those things take a small army of people to kill (at least three tamers with badass pets to tank the damage) and drop the same paragon loot as any other 'lvl 5 tmap/lvl 6 chest' monster.

Would like to see a buff across the board but that would do wonders for players desiring to clear a clogged spawn, because right now nobody wants to touch those things. Not even top teir mega-trammy PvM'ers like myself.

Yagyu

Adept

That would be amazing if you did that to paragon chests!!! I love the statue idea too.