Title colors and PKs

thriftyuoplayer

Grandmaster
This is not a rant, just an observation...

Spotting PKs running in on you is hard enough, yes I get away, but barely.

PKs sporting blue colored title names makes it that much more difficult to actually realize they are a PK, because you see their red colored name and instinct is to recall out, but the you see their blue colored title, which makes you pause just long enough to not be able to get away..

Sooo, my point here is, PKs should not be allowed to have blue title names...

No way bro. Just remove the whole color/name overhead all together. Youll find out who I am after I stick my war fork through your face

crazy-horse

Master
and non-reds shouldn't have red hue titles :)
+1 support

small change, big impact
+++1 I actually told a blue guy with a red title that he scared the [insert expletive] outta me when he ran in while i was tied up with a mob.
If they wanna be red, be freakin red.. don't be a poser.

Alucard

Grandmaster
Friend-PK The Disgonored Pretty Lord Ledy Incognito Grandmaster Carpenter
-quickly appears on the screen
-ahhh faster!!! what target-macro (closest human innocent\criminal, I should click ? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
Spotting PKs running in on you is hard enough

Not really. Force client size to be bigger so you can see further away. Turn on show incoming names. See any name come on screen and hit your recall macro. Bam. Easy as fk. If they're blue you can cancel your recall. If they're red, well, by the time you realize it your recall is already done casting and all you have to do is target your runebook.

K A Z

Grandmaster
i've actually thought that there were some reds at WBB before just to find out that it was just some bluebians sporting a red title... I agree that some of the title hues picked were not all too fortunate.

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
+++1 I actually told a blue guy with a red title that he scared the [insert expletive] outta me when he ran in while i was tied up with a mob.
If they wanna be red, be freakin red.. don't be a poser.

Lmao....my mage has been told this a few times.....lol
And while he was red his title, I had people think 2 reds were coming.
....lol...smh

Just a side note......
Trammels dead, its never coming back. So stop saying TRAMMY or any rendition of it. I mean really is that all some people can come up with to fire back?

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Does anyone remember when you could create a simple macro which spammed your name in red or grey, run into a town and get a load of people Guardwacked for attacking you because they failed to realize that you were actually blue? The power of naivety...

kurtis

Grandmaster
I can't say that what the OP described has been a big issue for me. But what bothers me are just titles in general. They clog up my screen and I give exactly no shits about anyone's "title." It would be nice to disable titles in general, not just whether my title shows.

thriftyuoplayer

Grandmaster
Not really. Force client size to be bigger so you can see further away. Turn on show incoming names. See any name come on screen and hit your recall macro. Bam. Easy as fk. If they're blue you can cancel your recall. If they're red, well, by the time you realize it your recall is already done casting and all you have to do is target your runebook.

Just to open up the me bashing, like every post seems to do.. But I play on a netbook and have to shrink the client size so that it fits properly..

I swear to God, the first person that posts "GET A BETTER COMPUTER" I'm coming to your house to rape your eye socket..

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
Just to open up the me bashing, like every post seems to do.. But I play on a netbook and have to shrink the client size so that it fits properly..

I swear to God, the first person that posts "GET A BETTER COMPUTER" I'm coming to your house to rape your eye socket..

well that's your goddamn problem. stop playing on a fucking netbook.

>shrinks his client size
>complains because he can't see people run up on him

wat.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Personally I think all title and guild colours should match your current name hue... But giving us the option to turn off other players titles would fix this issue... for those who see a problem with it.