To make the Living in UO more attractive.

Darken

Master
Another push for those with millions of gold to consume everything and continue to own the market.
Since THEY have everything already, they need more!

I love when people come to the forum and complain about not having enough 'rares'.

Lavos

Master
Another push for those with millions of gold to consume everything and continue to own the market.
Since THEY have everything already, they need more!

I love when people come to the forum and complain about not having enough 'rares'.

I'm sorry you see it that way but:

-The staff occasionally ask for constructive suggestions, which is was we are doing here. No whining, 100% suggestions. How often do you see a constructive drama free thread? You came onto our thread and whined.

-These suggestions don't favor the wealthy, if anything they ONLY favor those who are actively playing the game, farming / working their profession. That is class-less, anyone can farm. It's not like we are asking for more loot in the hardest dungeons or RDAs.

-Changes to the loot table like this are awesome for the server, as it keeps people actively working towards something. Stagnant loot table = losing players. While the expansion changes have been awesome, and many of us appreciate the hard work the staff are doing, there's nothing wrong with making suggestions for future changes.

Dellan

Grandmaster
Wars, full scale wars with tons of bodies for some (possibly RP) reason, some big bad mob spawning close to town (or in town), more reasons for people to duel because I like to watch them, and.. you people should try playing differently. I am full time thief, was most of my UO time, and will be. And still, I rarely get bored.. I seen everything in this game, had every possible char and combination of skills, farmed everything breathing and not breathing, and idea that I would farm just 1gp more makes me want to activate suicide button (called trigger) in RL. This game is about people, about their relationships, cooperation, et cetera.. Not trying to advice anything, just saying that sometimes it looks like everyone just goes solo, farms himself to heavens while some strange player controlled red NPCs are trying to whack him, and then he's surprised how bored he is.

TriXa

Grandmaster
I dont want to say anything more about it.
Because all got said many times.
I only dont want to loose more friends here on that Shard..
But it will goes in that direction..
Because People dont want to Farm only Gold or Scrolls.
And to Show you what i mean.

I show you the Drops.
Blackdye Tub
Picnic basket
Blood Red Sandals
Blood Red Spellbook
Ice white Sandals
Ice white Polar Mask
Ice white sash
Statues
6 Fragments for a Statue
Skillscrolls
Daemon Armor
Mib's Stuff.
Glacial Staff
Thats all ok maybe i forgot 1 or two items now.. But dont you think that is clear that People loosing rush the fun to Farm. ????
And Stuff like carpet Rugs / Colored Pentagram's or other usefull Items with more then 1 Piece wouldnt Hurt none..
The Key is the % ratio.

And i know it because People that left play still UO and im hearing it Everyday in Skype / Irc.

And like Lavos said that is not a Whine Thread its a Construtive IDEA to keep People here..

AND and i know Shane , Carl , Adam , Alan, Lee working hard for that Shard and they doing really Great Job.
its good to have a Focus on New Players that they Constantly Join.. But its better to Hold the Regulars that playing here allready everyday and trying to build on this.
Everyone on the Shard helps the Shard somehow.
Or what you think how long will keep the Fun for Young one's when they come and its Dead everywhere. ????
This Server is one of the Greatest Shard ever.. And one Point that was maked this Shard so Strong was all the Regular Players if Donator or not the Big Playerbase is that.
It makes the Shard full of Living.
And you know it byurself you dont want to play on a Shard with 50 People..
That is what uo makes so Great.. So many Ways you can go and play. But alone you loosing quick the Fun for it. And with the regulars you know they there at the same time tomorrow next week next month. With young's they join they play they love it or not..
I just dont want to hear everytime..
Yea Bro i go, WHY ???? Im Bored of UOF. Nothing to Farm, Nothing to do etc.

Ok Sounds like a little whine.. Yea Because i want to KEEP THIS SHARD INTRESSTING...

So Over and Out. PS.. I hope its understandable what i wanted to say with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darken

Master
I'm sorry you see it that way but:

-The staff occasionally ask for constructive suggestions, which is was we are doing here. No whining, 100% suggestions. How often do you see a constructive drama free thread? You came onto our thread and whined.

-These suggestions don't favor the wealthy, if anything they ONLY favor those who are actively playing the game, farming / working their profession. That is class-less, anyone can farm. It's not like we are asking for more loot in the hardest dungeons or RDAs.

-Changes to the loot table like this are awesome for the server, as it keeps people actively working towards something. Stagnant loot table = losing players. While the expansion changes have been awesome, and many of us appreciate the hard work the staff are doing, there's nothing wrong with making suggestions for future changes.

Needless to say, there are many different ways to maintain player base and to increase the overall fun of the server, not all resulting in upping/adding rare drops every time someone feels that they need to see something else in the home/bank... I can understand the frustration for people, especially if all you do on UO is farm.. I guess for some it can be different. I've always kind of looked at it like, I get what I get, and if something new pops up at random then lucky me, and that makes it rare. If anything, when/if new stuff needs to be added, it shouldn't be disclosed where or on what. This won't only up the value of killing all MOBs, but will actually make it 'rare'. To be completely honest, I don't really consider anything to be extraordinarily rare here. Pretty much every item available is owned by a considerable amount of players already...

If new items were to be added at random and completely undisclosed, I would support this but under very strict circumstances. It would add game value back for those who have farmed everything already, and it would also be a good start to stop neglecting the other player types here.
Please keep in mind, not everyone is interested in playing a bard or a tamer.
So why exactly are we focused on that type of player?

This is a much more important issue than adding new stuff to balrons/high level MOBs for those certain player types to FARM FARM FARM.

And what about combat types? The Fighter/Warrior types that want to wear plate mail and hack away at MOBs? The ones that actually use weapons? What about the ranger types? There is absolutely no diversity here. To get anything of value, and of TRUE value to this particular player base, you have to have a Bard or Tamer.

If you really want this server to be fun for everyone;

There needs to be some serious class balancing going on because honestly EVERYONE IS PLAYING AS THE SAME THING. Give combat types a purpose and some more incentive! Let them hunt monsters and get drops other players can only get if they too have a combat oriented character. Make special RDA's where only combat oriented players can enter. There are ways to quickly balance and fix this, it just needs to be done.

Do you ever ask yourself why we are already at this point in at a little over a year since this server launched? Because everyone who wanted to be able to play as a fighter or other physical combat type has no incentive of doing so. None at all. So what does this do? For one it makes weapons useless, there is absolutely a barren market for them, which is why everyone has 1000x vendors full of powers/vanqs. It also forces people to make bards and here it is, "FARM" for items. And even on the other hand, lots have quit due to this, because they refuse to play as something they don't want to play as. This is why everything is already "farmed". So we should add more farmable items for the bards and tamers right? WRONG.

Perhaps if it was implemented as I said above, after a nice refining class balance, and implemented to all level MOBs it would be fine.

In the future, please please consider what the real issues are before you all vote to try to make things ever worse for the server as a whole.

Before anything is added, this needs balanced for everyone's enjoyment, not just a particular type of player.

Bottom line.

For now, I still stand -1.

TriXa

Grandmaster
I better Post not my old Post.
But really you think that ? Sorry but then you dont have a Clue here.
There are like 15 Reason's why People Leaving.
And again.
It was an IDEA to keep this Server intressting.
And to Put more Collectiable Items into diff Mobs. Hurts none ..
But keeping People at farming, Fun to collect / to decorate Houses etc. Its Time that People are more in Game for it.

And what you said that the Market is broken for Magic Weapons. Yea but thats not the Reason why its Broken.
AND just an INFO the Complete Economy is BROKEN.

And sorry but Carpet Rugs are not HIGHEND RARES: They bring FUN to Farm and to Decorate with it.

And it seems to Show that you are not Talking to People / old Players / New Players much etc. And about the Fact like you said "you can play other Toons like Taming / Barding." Yea Exactly and there is the Problem.
But its ok .. I see Ideas / Suggestions are not wanted here.
You will see what will happens.

And yea like you said: maybe it would be clever, to Tweak, Nerf, Fix Stuff first before putting more half working / notworking Stuff in.
Just my two Cents.
I

Lavos

Master
Needless to say, there are many different ways to maintain player base and to increase the overall fun of the server, not all resulting in upping/adding rare drops every time someone feels that they need to see something else in the home/bank... I can understand the frustration for people, especially if all you do on UO is farm.. I guess for some it can be different. I've always kind of looked at it like, I get what I get, and if something new pops up at random then lucky me, and that makes it rare. If anything, when/if new stuff needs to be added, it shouldn't be disclosed where or on what. This won't only up the value of killing all MOBs, but will actually make it 'rare'. To be completely honest, I don't really consider anything to be extraordinarily rare here. Pretty much every item available is owned by a considerable amount of players already...

If new items were to be added at random and completely undisclosed, I would support this but under very strict circumstances. It would add game value back for those who have farmed everything already, and it would also be a good start to stop neglecting the other player types here.
Please keep in mind, not everyone is interested in playing a bard or a tamer.
So why exactly are we focused on that type of player?

This is a much more important issue than adding new stuff to balrons/high level MOBs for those certain player types to FARM FARM FARM.

And what about combat types? The Fighter/Warrior types that want to wear plate mail and hack away at MOBs? The ones that actually use weapons? What about the ranger types? There is absolutely no diversity here. To get anything of value, and of TRUE value to this particular player base, you have to have a Bard or Tamer.

If you really want this server to be fun for everyone;

There needs to be some serious class balancing going on because honestly EVERYONE IS PLAYING AS THE SAME THING. Give combat types a purpose and some more incentive! Let them hunt monsters and get drops other players can only get if they too have a combat oriented character. Make special RDA's where only combat oriented players can enter. There are ways to quickly balance and fix this, it just needs to be done.

Do you ever ask yourself why we are already at this point in at a little over a year since this server launched? Because everyone who wanted to be able to play as a fighter or other physical combat type has no incentive of doing so. None at all. So what does this do? For one it makes weapons useless, there is absolutely a barren market for them, which is why everyone has 1000x vendors full of powers/vanqs. It also forces people to make bards and here it is, "FARM" for items. And even on the other hand, lots have quit due to this, because they refuse to play as something they don't want to play as. This is why everything is already "farmed". So we should add more farmable items for the bards and tamers right? WRONG.

Perhaps if it was implemented as I said above, after a nice refining class balance, and implemented to all level MOBs it would be fine.

In the future, please please consider what the real issues are before you all vote to try to make things ever worse for the server as a whole.

Before anything is added, this needs balanced for everyone's enjoyment, not just a particular type of player.

Bottom line.

For now, I still stand -1.

The staff has already worked hard at balancing this, if you haven't noticed they have added things like the gargoyle alchemist who one-shots tamers' pets, Slayer Armor, unprovokable monsters (or 120 required), tentacles that require archery. The staff heard us on this class balance issue and they are doing some really awesome things about it. That's the point of making suggestions

You said yourself "Pretty much every item available is owned by a considerable amount of players already..." Isn't that an indicator that the loot table could use a bit of refreshing? I don't understand why anyone would have a problem with simple loot table suggestions for the server. It really harms no one. A lot of the posts even suggested balanced ways to implement what we're talking about. Seriously this thread had such a positive atmosphere with some really good suggestions, but someone always has to come in and cause drama.

Edit: I wanted to report that the slayer armor we tested was very effective. Your argument is invalid, as the staff is actively working on balance already

Darken

Master
I better Post not my old Post.
But really you think that ? Sorry but then you dont have a Clue here.
There are like 15 Reason's why People Leaving.
And again.
It was an IDEA to keep this Server intressting.
And to Put more Collectiable Items into diff Mobs. Hurts none ..
But keeping People at farming, Fun to collect / to decorate Houses etc. Its Time that People are more in Game for it.

And what you said that the Market is broken for Magic Weapons. Yea but thats not the Reason why its Broken.
AND just an INFO the Complete Economy is BROKEN.

And sorry but Carpet Rugs are not HIGHEND RARES: They bring FUN to Farm and to Decorate with it.

And it seems to Show that you are not Talking to People / old Players / New Players much etc. And about the Fact like you said "you can play other Toons like Taming / Barding." Yea Exactly and there is the Problem.
But its ok .. I see Ideas / Suggestions are not wanted here.
You will see what will happens.

And yea like you said: maybe it would be clever, to Tweak, Nerf, Fix Stuff first before putting more half working / notworking Stuff in.
Just my two Cents.
I

Yes, believe me I know there are many reasons why people are leaving. You don't have to explain that one to me.

There are no real fighters to buy high-end weapons. This also makes farming for weapons useless, unless you get lucky and find a collector that wants to lock it down somewhere.

All the dexxer reds probably have a crafter to make their own DP exceptional weps... or they buy them from vendors. If there were more combat oriented players, for PvM or PvP, that would boost the sales of high-end weapons guaranteed... how is that arguable?

I'm a problem solver, and all I'm trying to do is jumpstart the idea that there is more to this game than the population of bards and tamers, and what they want to see. Hell I have a bard myself, yet I'm saying NO to this idea of adding more stuff before a proper balance is made.
Don't mistake my point for something else.

If it happened your way, in about three-six months we would be seeing more posts about how there is nothing to farm. What are you going to do after collecting all that carpet? The game dynamic needs to be re-done. There needs to be reasons to have a fighter/combat character, and reasons to have a bard/tamer of course, not to mention crafters.. AND it needs to be advertised so everyone knows. The point is, it's not balanced. Think of it like a scale, with everything appealing to bards/tamers.

You can not expect this server to last forever with a population of bards/tamers that farm 24/7. Think about what your really causing.
Who knows, maybe its too far gone already.

Darken

Master
The staff has already worked hard at balancing this, if you haven't noticed they have added things like the gargoyle alchemist who one-shots tamers' pets, Slayer Armor, unprovokable monsters (or 120 required), tentacles that require archery. The staff heard us on this class balance issue and they are doing some really awesome things about it. That's the point of making suggestions

You said yourself "Pretty much every item available is owned by a considerable amount of players already..." Isn't that an indicator that the loot table could use a bit of refreshing? I don't understand why anyone would have a problem with simple loot table suggestions for the server. It really harms no one. A lot of the posts even suggested balanced ways to implement what we're talking about. Seriously this thread had such a positive atmosphere with some really good suggestions, but someone always has to come in and cause drama.

Its a discussion, is it not? I'm not talking about 'POWER', or 'ZERG' or whatever the hell else, I'm debating with you, don't get so mixed up.
Thats awesome they are working the issue. But isn't it obvious if it's done like you say that this will be a never ending cycle? Every few months another "basic" request for new loots for farming? It's funny, it's called farming in reference to bards/tamers, yet for combat types, its hunting.

There is an extreme difference there.
Just keep adding for the farmers and see what happens to the rest of the community.
I'm sure it will look like what it already looks like, but hey at least you got your way, right?

I personally wish we had the audience we need to solve the real on-going issues here.
Not just your own personal problems with item farming etc...
By all means I would be in agreement if the classes/fundamentals were balanced.
But at this point, I'm so not. It would just create more unbalance, I hope you can kind of see that.

Lets talk about the RP community! :D

Lavos

Master
Its a discussion, is it not? I'm not talking about 'POWER', or 'ZERG' or whatever the hell else, I'm debating with you, don't get so mixed up.
Thats awesome they are working the issue. But isn't it obvious if it's done like you say that this will be a never ending cycle? Every few months another "basic" request for new loots for farming? It's funny, it's called farming in reference to bards/tamers, yet for combat types, its hunting.

There is an extreme difference there.
Just keep adding for the farmers and see what happens to the rest of the community.
I'm sure it will look like what it already looks like, but hey at least you got your way, right?

So.. you're whining because of an imbalance issue, which the staff has actively worked on. And you're complaining on other peoples' content suggestion threads because you think the loot table should never change? Cool story bro

Darken

Master
Argh, why does everyone have to try and play the whining card? You have it all wrong.
I'm concerned about the community as a whole. I'm really not sure how else to say it... I want UO:F to thrive.
I'd love to see loot changes in the future once things are fixed a bit. What's the point right now?
To further segregate the classes until combat characters are completely gone?

Stop making it seem like I'm putting down the staff here, because I haven't done that at all. I know what it's like to put time and hard work into a server, trust me. I'm stating there is an imbalance issue and it needs to be taken care of before it's too late and no longer relevant.
And BEFORE we go tweaking things for a special population of players. New people will continue to join and lose interest.
The server has only been up a year. There are all kinds of bugs/issues that need attention... Is it really the right time for this?

TriXa

Grandmaster
Yea.
Think what you want.
But running a straight WAY not OpenMinded will brings you someday to Stuck.
And you are right you need to see it as a WHOLE..
But it looks like that You cant see it or you dont want to see it.
So have a nice Day.

Lavos

Master
Argh, why does everyone have to try and play the whining card?

Look at your first post lol, you played the whining card on an otherwise constructive thread.

Many of the posts before you came into the thread suggested to spread it to other play styles so why do you assume this thread is only about favoring bard/tamers?

Re read the first page before you came in and you will see lots of posts with balanced suggestions - Put the items on overworld creatures, where newer player and other playstyles fight (not dungeons or typical spots). Rare hunting. Find other players with certain pieces and trade with them. Spread it to lockpicking, crafting, thieving, etc.

Darken

Master
Look at your first post lol, you played the whining card on an otherwise constructive thread.

Many of the posts before you came into the thread suggested to spread it to other play styles so why do you assume this thread is only about favoring bard/tamers?

Re read the first page before you came in and you will see lots of posts with balanced suggestions - Put the items on overworld creatures, where newer player and other playstyles fight (not dungeons or typical spots). Rare hunting. Find other players with certain pieces and trade with them. Spread it to lockpicking, crafting, thieving, etc.

Lets not get too technical here but go back and re read, I never played a whining card... I assume bard/tamers because thats what everyone plays here, a bard or tamer. It's quite easy to put two an two together. "The only things to farm gold and scrolls".. also, how can one efficiently farm unless you have a bard/tamer? You don't. In fact, it was never called farming on UO to begin with, it was called hunting. That being said, explain to me how to farm on a Combat oriented character.. in ways to make the equivalent amounts of gold/loots a bard/tamer does? You don't.

It goes without saying.
I didn't see many talking about balancing, though there were some, which is why my response was to the OP and not them.
Anything else?

Darken

Master
As I said before, I would be all for it if it came in at the right time and was balanced. But it's not.
I have seen many ground trembling servers come and go due to small things like this,
I'm not just returning to UO after 15 years like a lot of people have.

Things like making rare weapons more valuable and fixing current economic issues should be higher on the list than adding new loot tables right this second. You have to remember, everything takes time to do.

TriXa

Grandmaster
LOL do you have a CLUE at all from UO ? it really dont seem's.
do you know whats the best Farm Chr is to make the fastest Money ???
Yea its a fucking Dexxer. How ??? i will not tell you but it is..

But thx. and now pls leave this thread and let us alone with our whiny Suggestions.

Darken

Master
There is much hostility in this thread. I suppose its not really a surprise..

I'm just looking at the big picture here, as I would advise everyone to do before you get so offended.

TriXa

Grandmaster
No matter after i checked your Post's .
I saw you have no Clue just a Troll.. So Welcome on my Ignore List.
Have Fun.

Darken

Master
No matter after i checked your Post's .
I saw you have no Clue just a Troll.. So Welcome on my Ignore List.
Have Fun.

I guess on this server if you disagree with anyone your automatically a troll. What a community.

Turner13

Grandmaster
In the grand scheme of things adding another item to collect, especially one with multiple pieces and combinations isn't going to harm anyone and Darken's point doesn't need to be addressed in this suggestion thread. In no way should a dexxer make just as much money as a tamer when it takes weeks to train a tamer and hours to train a dexxer. This is the way it has been on UOF and it's too late to change that.

The OP just wants something to collect and a reason to play. A lot of people have hit the end game and need ever greater reasons to keep playing regularly. This is a problem that is somewhat subjective but adding collectibles that mean something will definitely help.

I think you're being accused of trolling, Darken, because you've jumped into a suggestion post with a solution to an entirely different issue that many may not consider to be a problem.