Too many garbage..item-->hard saves --> solution!

asics

Grandmaster
if we have too much crap in our house..banks the server will be "heavy" and we get saves everyday bigger :)

i remember when i start here we got save of 3,7-4 secs now we are up to 9.9 secs :)

what about something like that ( i copy this from my old server i played)

Trash can of wonders:

a special trash can, placed in some banks, that RANDOMLY if u trash in it things (maybe with crafted things % could be looooow )
can drop you :

- few platinum
- few gold
- a rare, from a dedicated rare list for collection
- karma\fame

so ppl, instead keep every shit in their bank \house , will make bags of crap and go trash in the magic trash can of wonders :)

if the problem of the save its not about the number of items in game, ignore this post, with other Emulator, like POL or Sphere was like that, so i thought was the asme with runuo too..

good game all!!

Nihilism

Grandmaster
By old server do you mean osi 15 years ago?

The original was called "clean-up britannia".

Chests were placed at brit (this was before lockdowns were needed and you could literally leave shit laying on your floor and it wouldn't decay)

It's how furn dye tubs etc were introduced.

If you feel it's garbage, npc-vendor it.

SirWindmage

Neophyte
Or just do what OSI did...add special trash cans that "count" trashed items in some weighted way and then have a rewards system where you can "purchase" certain items with what you earn through the trash cans. It could be perm or a timed "clean up britannia" effort.

OSI did this when they implemented item limits on containers/houses etc....everyone had to do massive cleaning out.

Jager

Grandmaster
the better the item you put in the garbage the more of a reward you get, pretty sure thats how the clean up britannia went, and it gave you a currency that you could spend on things like Nihi said.

Babethoven

Grandmaster
because for 1..... its called selling magic items to vendors for gold or just dont pick up garbage items simple....
2. dye tubs with 1 use will never be put in, it will kill the market for tailors and if you guys haven't noticed they don't keep stuff rare for long, so all these posts about neons or rare dye tubs your wasting your time as well as others ( hence they never got any reply from ANY staff )
3. rare items, mounts are gettin put in xpac, suggesting they put in more as in ostards, llama and suchs is a long shot.... plenty other servers who got that whack stuff
4. karma/fame for just puttin in items, would mean everybodys running around with Lord title instead of hunting and EARNING it
5. plat items are hard to get for a reason, practically a handout for cashing in garbage items is just too easy.....they try to expand peoples play time here not ruin them

asics

Grandmaster
By old server do you mean osi 15 years ago?

The original was called "clean-up britannia".

Chests were placed at brit (this was before lockdowns were needed and you could literally leave shit laying on your floor and it wouldn't decay)

It's how furn dye tubs etc were introduced.

If you feel it's garbage, npc-vendor it.

i do myself, i sell all the garbage.

but i see a lot of idocs, and ppl KEEP A LOT OF TRASH and CRAP in their house.. all this items make server HEAVY and create problems in the long run.

and its the reason because if u add a little "PRIZE" everyone will go trash happy ..instead to waste time for few gold at one vendor..when everyone really dont need more gold :)

just my two cents.

Nihilism

Grandmaster
Sorry. Yes. I agree fully. Forgot to add that in hah

Busy at work.

Depending on what they have planned for the platinum vendor, perhaps do it like that

Power 25 coins, vanq 35.

Something to that effect.
Hell. I trash anything below exceeding/power as is.

asics

Grandmaster
no , not like that, that have to be randomly... if you make like you said become like a marketshop... you trash crap, and you have some little chance to get some little rewards..

results: server a little bet light..

Metalhead-

Master
I like OPs idea. I think we had something similar posted before. Perhaps the team could make it a spring time even and it coincide with spring cleaning.

I remember the special trash cans on OSI. I had enough for hair dye, but I thought it was the normal hair dye. I didn't grab it, then the trash cans were gone.

I never looked outside of the game for info on anything.

P.S. I like the idea, but how about not having gold as a reward =). Hell, make gold something you can throw away (If You Choose).

Last edited by a moderator:

limlight

Grandmaster
Remove gold and platinum. Rewards should be stuff like hair dye...faction stuff like silver..or reagants

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk