Tracking Range

bradley-

Grandmaster
So, I recently GM'd the tracking skill just for fun and discovered the the range is a short 35 tiles! While 35 tiles seems like a lot, it really isn't when you realize you dumped 100 points into the skill to track things just 2 screens away?

I have no idea how the range for tracking is coded but I think 5 or 10 tiles per 10 points of tracking would be better! That would allow GM tracking to track 50-100 tiles away which about 3-6 screens.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
Two screens is a ton...

Phylyn Rahl, Eugene the Weak, Mysthran, Mysthrana, Norah Winehouse, StevieRayVaughan, VFingerDiscount

Tearloch

Grandmaster
2 screens really isn't a lot when you can track your entire screen with 0 tracking :/
Maybe they should reduce the 0 tracking radius instead of boosting the GM tracking radius.... Or maybe that is what you were already suggesting with the 5-10 tiles per 10 skill points.

halygon

Grandmaster
I've dropped the min tracking to 5 tiles at 0 tracking and given you guys 0.75 tiles per 1 point.
Love it. 75 tiles at GM and 5 at 0. Works for me.

Edit: ok, it's 75 + 5 = 80

Thanks Wreck for showing me how to to math.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don Key

Master
rdrrstart.jpg

rdrr.jpg

rdrrhappy.jpg

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
good to know, i will be dropping stealth on every character i have it maxed on as its a complete waste of skill now

Don't even try down-talking this. Stealth is worthless now because of a nearly useless skill that almost nobody uses has now been buffed to compete with your precious Stealth? Stealth is still good, it always will be, just now people have a chance to find you. Every buff should have its equivalent debuff, rock-paper-scissors style. There's no reason you should be stealthing and no one even has a chance of finding you.