Training Taming wo Lore

Hi
Can I train taming without lore? Just to raise the skill every now and then. Will pickup lore later as it is easy to train.

And is it possible to start taming a creature that is provoked to sth else? I can imagine that it would be too upset to be tamed?

Gesendet von meinem Nokia 6610 mit Tapatalk

Riversilk

Master
Hi
Can I train taming without lore? Just to raise the skill every now and then. Will pickup lore later as it is easy to train.

yes, you'll probably have problems controlling the pets you tame but, who cares, just release them

And is it possible to start taming a creature that is provoked to sth else? I can imagine that it would be too upset to be tamed?

Nope, you'll get the "too angry for taming" message if he gets damage

You could try something like
Creature T (to tame) provoked to attack creature A.
Then creature A provoked to attack creature B.

So creature A and B fight each other while T just attacks one of them without being attacked ever.

Now maybe you could tame it, since it's not getting any damage, but i'm not sure about this

jorge

Novice
I gamed taming with 0 lore as it allowed me to pick up peacemaking temporarily without dropping resist.

I think that sometimes pets will not follow the release command, which you will use often while training taming. A workaround I found was to use the context menu (single click the pet) instead of a verbal command ("a release"). The context menu has not failed at all for me.

gofer

Grandmaster
Hey thanks Riversilk. I will try that!

Gesendet von meinem Nokia 6610 mit Tapatalk

I gamed taming with 0 lore as it allowed me to pick up peacemaking temporarily without dropping resist.

I think that sometimes pets will not follow the release command, which you will use often while training taming. A workaround I found was to use the context menu (single click the pet) instead of a verbal command ("a release"). The context menu has not failed at all for me.

What Jorge said. Also, keep in mind that you may have to go off screen or at the very least a few tiles away for the "release" to register. Just watch your control slots (1 slot = ethy or live mount).