Trinsic royal bank super guard whack happy?

Deadpool

Grandmaster
Or, now I know this is crazy, but hear me out, or... get this... you can try to be thieves at places that aren't banks like every other unoriginal UO thief. Crazy idea. Nevermind, don't listen to it, it's just too radical of an idea to adapt to circumstances.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Or, now I know this is crazy, but hear me out, or... get this... you can try to be thieves at places that aren't banks like every other unoriginal UO thief. Crazy idea. Nevermind, don't listen to it, it's just too radical of an idea to adapt to circumstances.

Ultima Online has had bank thieves since the dawn of time, believe it or not, banks would be incredibly boring without them. Think of them like flies around a corpse, quite grotesque yet very important in the grand scheme of things. One thing that many people forget, no other class of player has been forced to adapt to changes so many frigging times over the years. Still, those changes keep coming and yes, we still adapt but seriously, no other server I can think of has Britain bank as a safe zone and well, we all know why it is safe so we don't have to go over that again.

I have heard this same response so many times I might have to get it engraved on a wall somewhere, the truth is, instead of thieves having to constantly adapt all the time, perhaps it is about time that the rest of the player base learn how to protect themselves from thieves, instead of throwing rattles out of prams because they were having a 'granite' moment.

"But Darkarna, you guys have script stealing and we think it is totally unfair!!!"

I agree, it is completely unfair that script stealing is allowed, but seriously, that is down to poor design decisions early in this servers life and honestly, three parts of this server cheat anyway with automated PVP shenanigans, closest targets entrepreneurs, sleep-walking tamers and of course, autonomous mining gangs. Sadly, you are looked at like some form of mutated camel if you admit to using razor and they call all these third party programs 'progress', a bit like cutting down 1000 acres of forest and preparing the land for agricultural use.

The only thing that ever gets impacted hard is the thief, and I really hope with the new content that arrives, for the first time in my UO thief life, there will be something positive for us thieves.

*Grumbles*

Deadpool

Grandmaster
Ultima Online has had bank thieves since the dawn of time, believe it or not, banks would be incredibly boring without them. Think of them like flies around a corpse, quite grotesque yet very important in the grand scheme of things. One thing that many people forget, no other class of player has been forced to adapt to changes so many frigging times over the years. Still, those changes keep coming and yes, we still adapt but seriously, no other server I can think of has Britain bank as a safe zone and well, we all know why it is safe so we don't have to go over that again.

I have heard this same response so many times I might have to get it engraved on a wall somewhere, the truth is, instead of thieves having to constantly adapt all the time, perhaps it is about time that the rest of the player base learn how to protect themselves from thieves, instead of throwing rattles out of prams because they were having a 'granite' moment.

"But Darkarna, you guys have script stealing and we think it is totally unfair!!!"

I agree, it is completely unfair that script stealing is allowed, but seriously, that is down to poor design decisions early in this servers life and honestly, three parts of this server cheat anyway with automated PVP shenanigans, closest targets entrepreneurs, sleep-walking tamers and of course, autonomous mining gangs. Sadly, you are looked at like some form of mutated camel if you admit to using razor and they call all these third party programs 'progress', a bit like cutting down 1000 acres of forest and preparing the land for agricultural use.

The only thing that ever gets impacted hard is the thief, and I really hope with the new content that arrives, for the first time in my UO thief life, there will be something positive for us thieves.

*Grumbles*

I'm not disagreeing that players should have to be smart and always assume thieves are around but thieves also shouldn't be complaining about guards. If you're in town and you steal, there's consequences. I mean, it's common sense.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
I'm not disagreeing that players should have to be smart and always assume thieves are around but thieves also shouldn't be complaining about guards. If you're in town and you steal, there's consequences. I mean, it's common sense.

Understood, but I hope you can agree on the fact that NPC's should not be able to see through walls..