Trying to Install Razor and Current Patch

Grimwald

I've been trying to install the Razor and UOF patch to my computer and I already have a working Ultima Online client on my computer.
I keep running into the issue where I download the link that I assume runs the installation but I run in to the issue of it trying to open the .rar file in adobe. I can't seem to change what it opens with. the exact error message that I get when it tries to open with adobe is:

"Adobe Readercould not open 'UOF_Razor_Patch_2013 (2).rar' because either
not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example,
it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)."

I would love some help I played Ultima Online back in 98' and through for a while. Any help would be extremely appreciated. Thanks for your time.

You need to unzip that file. Adobe Reader does not do that. Download WinZip or 7zip and open that RAR file with one of those programs. It will extract files. Run the exe file that is inside.

Disregard the post above...

Delete Everything and Re Install.

I feel its necessary to say that not only is your assistance not very helpful but it seems that you did not even read the original post... Or perhaps you didn't understand it. Reading is a skill. If you understood it then you are not capable of helping anyone with IT issues. Stop.

I feel its necessary to say that not only is your assistance not very helpful but it seems that you did not even read the original post... Or perhaps you didn't understand it. Reading is a skill. If you understood it then you are not capable of helping anyone with IT issues. Stop.

Im serious, if you already have a working Ultima Online client on your computer and you're trying to install the patch for UO Forever... The chances of it working are very slim. Unless you know specifically what files to change and/or unzip. Just Delete Ultima Online (properly) and reinstall using only UO Forevers version.

Grimwald

Thanks guys I
to Hare: I tried installing the base line from UOF site first and ran into the same issue so I went and installed the client from the game owners then tried downloading the patch and launcher ect.
to the others: I have had WINzip since before the install or any efforts at this I cant extract the file because it wont let me run it through any extraction programs and I do not know how to change that other than changing the defaults re installing on different browsers, and retrying those since that is the magnitude of my arsenal.

Thanks again guys I really appreciate it