Turning gray

Going Green

Neophyte
I think it is complete BULL SHIT that a player can attack me and once I attack him back for it I then turn Gray so his friends can come kill me without getting counts. FUCK THIS GAME!

agauo

Master
not true... If people attacked and killed you without getting counts you must have been grey from some other means. Possibly you looted a blue corpse, healed a criminal, or attacked an innocent.

halygon

Grandmaster
not true... If people attacked and killed you without getting counts you must have been grey from some other means. Possibly you looted a blue corpse, healed a criminal, or attacked an innocent.
This ^

..and when you attack a grey, you are "technically grey" to that one person and no one else, although your actual notoriety color is blue. This means that only that one person can freely attack you back. If others are able to freely attack you (and are not countable), then you were grey for another reason as Aga said.

tader

Expert
There is also perma grey which means you stole from a player but have not died. You will also stay grey to the player you stole from until you die even if to everyone else you appear blue. Of course all this would mean your in the theirs guild and should be aware already.