1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two players on one IP - how can we have more than 3 accounts total?

Discussion in 'New Player Questions & Companion Help' started by darthdeus, Nov 9, 2015.

1. darthdeus

darthdeus Journeyman

Nov 6, 2015
    Haskell Curry, Nufik
    Since both me and my gf started playing at the same time, we're now limited to only having 3 accounts in total. The rules mention that there

You may only have THREE (3) accounts PER IP/HOUSE HOLD (1) unless otherwise given permission for.​

How can we get a permission to create more than three accounts total? Are there some requirements that we must fulfill first?

2. Fattson

Fattson Grandmaster

Apr 9, 2013
    How much have you donated?

9 people like this.
  3. Cack

Cack Grandmaster

May 26, 2014
    Cack, Commando(dfi), Tolaok Nor(dfi), super obese man, order sixty six
    Wardrive your neighbors wireless....

2 people like this.
  4. darthdeus

darthdeus Journeyman

Nov 6, 2015
    Haskell Curry, Nufik
    I haven't donated yet.

Would donating change this? How much would I need to donate?

Well technically I can get ahold of many different IPs to play from (got access to lots of servers I can VPN through), but I don't want to be the asshole who tries to work around the rules :) I'd rather donate a few dollars than break the rules.

5. Earendur

Earendur Adept

May 26, 2015
    Earendur
    For a small fee of $59.99 per month you can post all the spam you want on the forums, exploit every mechanic in-game, and even grief players until they quit!

6. Fattson

Fattson Grandmaster

Apr 9, 2013
    That's an @Shane question. I dunno if it'll help, but it definitely ain't gonna hurt.

7. Fattson

Fattson Grandmaster

Apr 9, 2013
    Bullshit. I've never been charged for these things.

4 people like this.
  8. darthdeus

darthdeus Journeyman

Nov 6, 2015
    Haskell Curry, Nufik
    That's not what I meant. Having 4 accounts for 2 people doesn't hurt anyone and doesn't give me any advantage at all. If anything it's worse than the default, since 2 people would have 6 accounts.

9. Earendur

Earendur Adept

May 26, 2015
    Earendur
    WELL IF YOU WANT AN ACTUAL REPLY....

Several people have posted asking this before, and from what I understand there used to be exceptions to the rule if you simply PMed a staff member (Adam or Shane) and discussed it with them. However, I was under the impression from the posts they haven't been allowing this recently.

10. halygon

halygon Grandmaster

Aug 14, 2013
    Halygon
    No, donating has absolutely no effect on how many accounts you can have.

Only @Shane can authorize more accounts on a single IP, and I am not sure it is done too much anymore.

2 people like this.
  11. TheFallen

TheFallen Grandmaster

Sep 29, 2013
    When they went to 3 accounts per it was to eliminate any exceptions to the number of accounts per Ip.

It is 3 per Ip. That is up to 27 chars for two people. You should be fine.

12. darthdeus

darthdeus Journeyman

Nov 6, 2015
    Haskell Curry, Nufik
    I don't think you're interpreting the rules correctly. If that was the case, I could get 5 IP addresses on the same apartment and multi-client on 15 accounts at the same time. That to me looks like a way more serious issue (regarding server load) and doesn't seem like something that would be allowed.

13. TheFallen

TheFallen Grandmaster

Sep 29, 2013
    Nope if caught that would ALSO be illegal. It doesn't change the fact that it is 3 per household.

14. darthdeus

darthdeus Journeyman

Nov 6, 2015
    Haskell Curry, Nufik
    The rules specifically mention "unless otherwise given permission for.". The reason why I made this thread is because I'm asking for the permission, and whats needs to be done in case there are some requirements, for example contributing to the server somehow, or being a veteran player, or if it's as @halygon says not done anymore.

15. TheFallen

TheFallen Grandmaster

Sep 29, 2013
    That's what I'm telling you. That since the account number was up from 2 to 3 like a year ago you are probably not going to get it.

16. Kilike

Kilike Grandmaster

Mar 6, 2015
    Just pm @Shane and explain to him rhe situation. Ignore most of these guys.

Sent from my SM-G900P

3 people like this.
  17. Weland

Weland Grandmaster

Mar 26, 2015
    Gortimar Weland; Gaven Silversong
    Some of these guys are flaming butt hurt trolls and what Fallen is referencing is you can buy expansion slots for in game gold or dono coin I don't remember which that allows more characters per account. So if they say no to you getting more accounts for your GF then start saving to expand your accounts. Gold isn't that hard to come by in this game just time consuming.

You can view this as a handicap or instead you have a dedicated healer :) Check out a healer/mage template. You'll be immortal :)

2 people like this.
  18. Smokey McCallum

Smokey McCallum Grandmaster

Mar 28, 2013
    If there is 2 players at the same IP and you can have 3 accounts then thats an account each and 1 spare. You dont need more than that.

19. Kilike

Kilike Grandmaster

Mar 6, 2015
    ........ Really? Don't be dumb.

Sent from my SM-G900P

20. Smokey McCallum

Smokey McCallum Grandmaster

Mar 28, 2013
    Yes really.