Ultima Online Forever: Naval Warfare Reborn

lost

Grandmaster
I don't think you can upgrade non galleons to change color via wood. Whirlpools stay up depending on charges. Every time u begin to fish and then move it takes a charge, so then whirlpool will collapse. I've seen some disappear in 10 minutes. Best bet is to get there asap. One commands are still broken,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
So i cant seem to get the commands "forward one" , "back one" , "left one" and "right one" to work . my boat gos the direction but keeps going until i say stop. same with the commands using "Slow" but now it does nothing, if I say forward slow my boat does not move.
also when i say take the helm nothing happens i cant use cursor movment.

AAAnd on another note im having alot of difficulty finding whirlpools , I went to 5 locations when the whirlpool annoncments were made and have yet to find one. How long do these stay up for ? as on some of them I made it to the specified location within 5min but nothing was there .. ?

HAve you seen one before? They are pretty small, like the size of a quarter and no color difference. I often have a hard time spotting them. I find if I back away from the screen a bit it helps. Look for a circular movement. If you're sailing near one and can't move, it's because you're on it. You can't sail over them.

lost

Grandmaster
jTHofPG.png

http://uoforum.com/threads/orcish-boat-paint.51483/

kristina

Master
You need Canon ammunition and I believe is crafted by Smiths
Yep.. made my smiths. My son made me about 15 bags of cannonballs (they produce as a black bag) 200 ea and used about 2500 ingots. (approximate). Pretty fun stuff! I put my boat in the water on brit bridge and shot at theives griefing players. Players do take damage from cannonballs :)

I see people saying things like scan the horizon and unfurl the sails, what does this do on the ships now?
"Unfurl Sail" is just an alternate command to "Forward". "Furl Sail" is the same as "Stop". You can also use Port/Starboard in place of left right.

Scan the horizons will open up a small map on which you can see enemy ships. The distance is related to Ship Radius in your ship stat gump. So far I cant see that the Crow's nest upgrade makes a difference... but on a level 10 Large Dragon it seems to be about 2x Tracking distance.

my question is if your using the fishing trowl upgrade does only the captain get the boost or is it everyone on the ship that's fishing off of it?

amonseti

Grandmaster
My understanding is that it retains the hue of the cloth it was crafted with. In your example, the galleon would be the color red you used.
I Think its just the sails that retain cloth color ... not the boat hue itself just the sails ...

Godsrage

Grandmaster
What's the best way to determine what power scrolls i need to build the ships i know i need blacksmith carpenter tiller and tinker please let me know the list of scrolls i need it will help me so i do not over spend the gold i have

Vessels

Corvette Class Ships

Small Ship
What it lacks in durability it makes up for in maneuverability and firing speed.

Hull Durability: 700
Port-Side Cannon Durability: 400
Starboard-Side Cannon Durability: 400
Sails Durability: 400
Cannon Volley Cooldown: 5 seconds
Number of Cannons: 4 light cannons per side (8 light cannons)

Small Dragon Ship
A more robust version of the small ship. The "Wasp of the Sea."

Hull Durability: 950
Port-Side Cannon Durability: 500
Starboard-Side Cannon Durability: 500
Sails Durability: 950
Cannon Volley Cooldown: 5 seconds
Number of Cannons: 4 light per side (8 light cannons)

Medium Ship
Bring out your inner pirate with this entry level combat model!

Hull Durability: 1000
Port-Side Cannon Durability: 625
Starboard-Side Cannon Durability: 625
Sails Durability: 1000
Cannon Volley Cooldown: 8 seconds
Number of Cannons: 6 light cannons per side (12 light cannons)

Medium Dragon Ship
For the more combat oriented mariner. Protect your trawler with twelve fast reloading, fire belching hull destroyers.

Hull Durability: 1250
Port-Side Cannon Durability: 725
Starboard-Side Cannon Durability: 725
Sails Durability: 1250
Cannon Volley Cooldown: 8 seconds
Number of Cannons: 6 light cannons per side (12 light cannons)

Large Ship
They've managed to stuff 16 cannons on this ship. How it manages to stay afloat, we'll never know.

Hull Durability: 1400
Port-Side Cannon Durability: 750
Starboard-Side Cannon Durability: 750
Sails Durability: 1400
Cannon Volley Cooldown: 11 seconds
Number of Cannons: 8 light cannons per side (16 light cannons)

Large Dragon Ship
The flagship vessel of the Corvette class of chips. You'll be capsizin' suckas in style with this beast.

Hull Durability: 1550
Port-Side Cannon Durability: 850
Starboard-Side Cannon Durability: 850
Sails Durability: 1550

Galleon Class Ships

Tokuno Galleon
The entry level galleon class ship. It is our first taste of the heavy cannon, the superior brother of the light cannon.

Hull Durability: 1500
Port-Side Cannon Durability: 1125
Starboard-Side Cannon Durability: 1125
Sails Durability: 1500
Cannon Volley Cooldown: 15 seconds
Number of Cannons: 5 heavy cannons per side (10 heavy cannons)

Orc Galleon
Clomp dem oomies on da open sea. *orc crew member included.

Hull Durability: 1900
Port-Side Cannon Durability: 1425
Starboard-Side Cannon Durability: 1425
Sails Durability: 1900
Cannon Volley Cooldown: 25 seconds
Number of Cannons: 8 heavy cannons per side (16 heavy cannons)

Gargoyle Galleon
A vessel hailing from the mysterious Ter Mur region. It is an elegant vessel, sure to bring out the 18th century sailing dandy in whoever captains it.

Cannon Volley Cooldown: 35 seconds
Number of Cannons: 9 heavy cannons per side (18 heavy cannons)

Britain Galleon
Be the greatest Cap'n in the King's navy with this monstrous galleon. It's mighty girth is a waring to smaller vessels: steer clear or get in my belly!

Hull Durability: 2700
Port-Side Cannon Durability: 2025
Starboard-Side Cannon Durability: 2025
Sails Durability: 2700
Cannon Volley Cooldown: 50 seconds
Number of Cannons: 13 heavy cannons per side (26 heavy cannons)

@Adam , Can you take a look at the listed Durability's above? They don't seem to make sense, especially the Gargoyle.. Does it really have less Hull Durability than the Large Dragon even? (1250??)

I know this isn't right cause I've sunk 3 Gargish and I believe they had 2250?

I'd like to make sure all these values listed are correct before wasting mats.

Thanks!

Godsrage

Grandmaster
Gargoyle Galleon
A vessel hailing from the mysterious Ter Mur region. It is an elegant vessel, sure to bring out the 18th century sailing dandy in whoever captains it.

Cannon Volley Cooldown: 35 seconds
Number of Cannons: 9 heavy cannons per side (18 heavy cannons)

Gargoyle will be the weakest of the vessels from a Large Dragon how is this possible ???????

Large Dragon Ship
The flagship vessel of the Corvette class of chips. You'll be capsizin' suckas in style with this beast.

Hull Durability: 1550
Port-Side Cannon Durability: 850
Starboard-Side Cannon Durability: 850
Sails Durability: 1550