Unbless All Spellbooks

bane

Master
Spellbooks should be unblessed. They are cheaper than super slayer weapons and dexers don't get to have blessed weapons. Its not balanced.
I remember when murderers dropped spellbooks on death and I had the most visited scribe shop on the server. Those were the days. Made a lot of money off that.

Slightly off topic but I was compelled to post

Cack

Grandmaster
I don't know. A mages weapon is his spellbound. Why not...they won't be very expensive and could create a msrket for them like bane said.
On the other hand theres also regs to consider

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
I don't know. A mages weapon is his spellbound. Why not...they won't be very expensive and could create a msrket for them like bane said.
On the other hand theres also regs to consider
but dexers use more pots. pots = regs + bottles

not to mention bandages

AssHat

Grandmaster
if you took and unblessed spellbooks let me just list these:
black and red super slayer book
stone books
black books
red books
pretty much any dono hue because they are just special hued spell books
any event spellbooks
[eventscore spellbooks

so after you think about all those, im sure there are many +s to the positive side, but you cant take such high end items and unbless them. wont get past.

but what you will see is slayer spell books being added minor/major slayers possibly.... who knows, but something is needed for the mages.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
if you took and unblessed spellbooks let me just list these:
black and red super slayer book
stone books
black books
red books
pretty much any dono hue because they are just special hued spell books
any event spellbooks
[eventscore spellbooks

so after you think about all those, im sure there are many +s to the positive side, but you cant take such high end items and unbless them. wont get past.

but what you will see is slayer spell books being added minor/major slayers possibly.... who knows, but something is needed for the mages.

They would still make great deco pieces. The few downsides would be overshadowed by the greater good this change would make. They could be refunded for the equivalent dono value.

AssHat

Grandmaster
They would still make great deco pieces. The few downsides would be overshadowed by the greater good this change would make. They could be refunded for the equivalent dono value.

would you like a item changed and given back? will less value? cant be given the dono value of a 1 of a kind item....

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
would you like a item changed and given back? will less value? cant be given the dono value and a 1 of a kind item....

Its not ideal but it would help with overall balance and therefore should be implemented. I'm sure some sort of solution could be reached for the dono spell books and reward items.

dobber

Grandmaster
or the slayer books could just function as empty books and you would need a regular spell book to be able to use magery.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
or the slayer books could just function as empty books and you would need a regular spell book to be able to use magery.

See there's a solution. You could use the dono spell books and slayer spells like a dye tub. You could transform your current non-blessed spellbook with them. If you die it reverts to regular spellbook and drops on body. You keep the slayer spellbook/dono spellbook to use on your next spellbook,

Issue resolved. Crowd sourcing solutions is fun!

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
sounds like a headache....

Sounds like a balanced solution. Think about it. Dexer's have to replace all kinds of gear when they die. They also use regs (potions) as much as mages do.

It balances things for crafters too. Smithys make all kinds of dexer gear to stay in business. Alchys sell kegs all damn day. Fletchers sell bows. Scribes get to sell a few recall scrolls but they could greatly benefit from selling more spellbooks.