Unofficial Patch Notes. September 29th 2016

N

Null

WANDS ARE STUPID... have fun being lightning wanded by 20 people fun change. Not really sure why this faction change was needed. So a red pk factioner can use wands on blues????

Wands are for factioners only. Pks cannot use them on blues as far as I understand.

Harry Berries

Grandmaster
Wands are for factioners only. Pks cannot use them on blues as far as I understand.
I doubt that.. I would imagine that they can use a heal wand no matter who they're fighting. Wands are super gay.. but them being limited to factioner is really stupid. Especially because I highly doubt that a red factioner can't use wands to heal or maybe even attack. Either way script drops with wands are stupid. Notice why no one played UOWars for more than a few weeks. I'm sure bolas will be next because anything eqms asks for usually comes in.
@Shane thanks man.

lollo

Grandmaster
We are talking with people that zerg overnumbered 10x...

Stupid us that try to explain things...

I dont give a fuck die against 99 zerger or die against 99 zerger plus wands, i only hope that we will not see a mass pvper quit

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk

Pvpers wanted this, no pvper is going to quit because of wands. You would know if you at least tried to talk with pvpers (god forbid you actually try to play with them)

No worries and WTB wands

Salsa

Grandmaster
I doubt that.. I would imagine that they can use a heal wand no matter who they're fighting. Wands are super gay.. but them being limited to factioner is really stupid. Especially because I highly doubt that a red factioner can't use wands to heal or maybe even attack. Either way script drops with wands are stupid. Notice why no one played another server for more than a few weeks. I'm sure bolas will be next because anything eqms asks for usually comes in.
@Shane thanks man.

LOL. I don't even want wands, but I like them now. Nobody played that other server because it was terrible, and was a cash grab by certain players.

Haven't you raged quit this shard 800 times? Nobody cares what you think about anything.

StegcO

Grandmaster
The problem its the same.. Factioned dont like too to fight against zerger with wands.

But like all the decision we will see in game the situation, hope staff is right and wands add kore fun for all.

We will see

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
WANDS ARE STUPID... have fun being lightning wanded by 20 people fun change. Not really sure why this faction change was needed. So a red pk factioner can use wands on blues????

lol Jesus Christ you're dumb

Have you ever even played on a server with wands or are you just crying like a beaten puppy?

I doubt that.. I would imagine that they can use a heal wand no matter who they're fighting. Wands are super gay.. but them being limited to factioner is really stupid. Especially because I highly doubt that a red factioner can't use wands to heal or maybe even attack. Either way script drops with wands are stupid. Notice why no one played another server for more than a few weeks. I'm sure bolas will be next because anything eqms asks for usually comes in.
@Shane thanks man.

Translation:

hay guys I'm just going to imagine a bunch of shit that I think would be bad and then rage out about it without knowing anything because I'm a huge ragey kind person who loves to cry about anything I can as often and as annoyingly as possible. Just ignore my dumb gay shit posts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
The problem its the same.. Factioned dont like too to fight against zerger with wands.

But like all the decision we will see in game the situation, hope staff is right and wands add kore fun for all.

We will see

that's the spirit m8

I bet wands will be fairly rare and won't be the scourge some fear.

StegcO

Grandmaster
that's the spirit m8

I bet wands will be fairly rare and won't be the scourge some fear.
Like every decision we will see.
I have only one fear: bad decision about pvp in an ultima online server in 2016 its a very high risk, VERY VERY HIGH RISK.

Like you see I have writeed only my opinion, im not here to say that I know the truth and everyone else is stupid, ill repeat: maybe i lm wrong.

But at this moment I see only eqms people happy for wands and pvmers because they have one more item to farm and sell.

This is a very risk feature and see people (eqms) without any doubt that is for sure a good feature (lollo for example say all pvpers want it... No comment..) its a danger ringbell for me.

Hope you are all right guys, trust me, i really hope you are all right.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Like every decision we will see.
I have only one fear: bad decision about pvp in an ultima online server in 2016 its a very high risk, VERY VERY HIGH RISK.

Like you see I have writeed only my opinion, im not here to say that I know the truth and everyone else is stupid, ill repeat: maybe i lm wrong.

But at this moment I see only eqms people happy for wands and pvmers because they have one more item to farm and sell.

This is a very risk feature and see people (eqms) without any doubt that is for sure a good feature (lollo for example say all pvpers want it... No comment..) its a danger ringbell for me.

Hope you are all right guys, trust me, i really hope you are all right.

keep in mind gheal wands will help a lot to survive vs EQMS

but I agree, we will see. They can always rework if need be. Worth a shot even though I was never a wand guy, personally.

StegcO

Grandmaster
keep in mind gheal wands will help a lot to survive vs EQMS

but I agree, we will see. They can always rework if need be. Worth a shot even though I was never a wand guy, personally.
Yeah but for example in faction pvp how many time you fight 1 Vs 10? Never or very rarely so the gheal change nothing.

But maybe change the situation if you fight 5 Vs 15 and that 15 char not only have 15 corp por precasted but they Also have a wand ready. So in this example wand dont help the 5 but the 15 that can istant kill all 5 enemy instead of 3 without wands.

Obvoiusly its only a test, staff have nerfed pet speed becouse 3 user used pet in pvp Im pretty sure they will remove wands if, after a month, will be clear that help zerger instead the poor 5 guys that try to have fun fighting eqms even with half or 1/3 of the eq.ms users.

Until situation will be more clear we have only one thing to do: test it in game :)

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Why are people saying that EQMS pushed for wands?

For the record -- I think wands are stupid and do 2 things:

1. increase the skill gap even further in PVP
2. make it so it will be impossible to kill someone with bandages and a gheal wand

That being said, I will use wands and came from a server with wands. What UO PVP really needs is a way to stop the endless running that happens in PVP.

Swayze

Grandmaster
Like people have mentioned, we are trying this out. Obviously if it doesn't work, we can write a few lines of code and remove all wands.

Let's not bash it until we have actually tried it. Personally I don't like wands but if it works then great.

StegcO

Grandmaster
Why are people saying that EQMS pushed for wands?

For the record -- I think wands are stupid and do 2 things:

1. increase the skill gap even further in PVP
2. make it so it will be impossible to kill someone with bandages and a gheal wand

That being said, I will use wands and came from a server with wands. What UO PVP really needs is a way to stop the endless running that happens in PVP.
Because of the reply of lollo, seems more happy now instead the days he looses his virginity.

Btw I remember you ask ing for wands and bolas, but after your last post seems i remember wrong.

So... who wants wands? 100% only staff idea?

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Because of the reply of lollo, seems more happy now instead the days he looses his virginity.

Btw I remember you ask ing for wands and bolas, but after your last post seems i remember wrong.

Things I think that would improve PVP:

1. A way to stop the endless running -- whether it be bolas(that slow) or mount fatigue, the fact you can run from britain to yew and back to britain is ********. There needs to be a forced engage so that two groups have a reason to not simply run from PVP as the best tactic.

2. AoE spells fixed -- people talk about wanting to fight the "zerg" with a smaller group. There is no better way than to use AoE spells(theyre designed to fight against large groups) but in their current form(broken) these spells are useless.

3. Incentives for PVP -- there is no incentive for PVP now except that you enjoy PVP and are good at it. If you could make gold, pixels, wearables, something tangible from participating/succeeding in PVP then it would become more attractive to those who currently do not do it.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster

@lollo is still a virgin though???

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster

1. A way to stop the endless running -- whether it be bolas(that slow) or mount fatigue, the fact you can run from britain to yew and back to britain is ********. There needs to be a forced engage so that two groups have a reason to not simply run from PVP as the best tactic.

2. AoE spells fixed -- people talk about wanting to fight the "zerg" with a smaller group. There is no better way than to use AoE spells(theyre designed to fight against large groups) but in their current form(broken) these spells are useless.

3. Incentives for PVP -- there is no incentive for PVP now except that you enjoy PVP and are good at it. If you could make gold, pixels, wearables, something tangible from participating/succeeding in PVP then it would become more attractive to those who currently do not do it.

Sandman

Grandmaster

1. I would LOVE to agree with, the problem is you play with 8+ people therefor your argument is invalid. You're saying you want a way to force two groups to engage. Love that idea, HOWEVER you would have to be a complete moron to stay on screen with 8 people holding ebolts. Your shitty play style is the reason we don't have bolas.

What you said about wands i 100% agree with. They absolutely widen the skill gap and that is a bad thing. It was already VERY clear who the top tier PVPers were. Introducing more i.e. wands, firehorns, etc just makes that learner curve worse. You will see people get destroyed even worse by the top tier pvpers and eventually stop pvping. I think the only wands that should have been introduced should have been heal wands. It benefits the smaller or less experienced groups without overpowering the already larger or more experienced groups.