Unofficial Patch Notes. September 29th 2016

I think the intention behind this was more so for a trial period. Let's see how it works before we make any major change.

Ok.. but considering the glacial pace that changes happen on this server, it's safe to assume we're stuck with this for awhile.

Did it occur to anyone on staff that this basically means joins factions or don't bother competing? Factions already enjoyed gameplay mechanic advantages, but this takes it to a whole new level.

StegcO

Grandmaster
Things I think that would improve PVP:

1. A way to stop the endless running -- whether it be bolas(that slow) or mount fatigue, the fact you can run from britain to yew and back to britain is ********. There needs to be a forced engage so that two groups have a reason to not simply run from PVP as the best tactic..

Fix zerg problem and nobody will run away

2. AoE spells fixed -- people talk about wanting to fight the "zerg" with a smaller group. There is no better way than to use AoE spells(theyre designed to fight against large groups) but in their current form(broken) these spells are useless. .

Better way against zerger is fix zerger problem, not fix some spell because that spell can be used by zerger too.
but if that spells are broken will be fixed anyway :)

The only anti-zerger idea I have readed on forum was by @steve-o about a magical cape but I don't remeber what was exactly

3. Incentives for PVP -- there is no incentive for PVP now except that you enjoy PVP and are good at it. If you could make gold, pixels, wearables, something tangible from participating/succeeding in PVP then it would become more attractive to those who currently do not do it.

I'll do pvp for fun but maybe will be a good idea.

lollo

Grandmaster
Fix zerg problem and nobody will run away

Sadly not true. Kiting and off screening is part of pvp and without mount fatigue it becomes ENDLESS kiting.
People run away even numbers all the time, but of course how would you know...

StegcO

Grandmaster
Sadly not true. Kiting and off screening is part of pvp and without mount fatigue it becomes ENDLESS kiting.
People run away even numbers all the time, but of course how would you know...

Begin to fix zerger, then we will se...

lollo

Grandmaster

How do you prevent people from grouping up in a game that was designed for people to group up and has "massive multiplayer" in it's game genre name?

Come on, you play euro times just like me, when I pvp with EQMS we almost never have more than 3-4, do you call that a zerg?

StegcO

Grandmaster
How do you prevent people from grouping up in a game that was designed for people to group up and has "massive multiplayer" in it's game genre name?

Come on, you play euro times just like me, when I pvp with EQMS we almost never have more than 3-4, do you call that a zerg?

Blackmartin

Grandmaster
No you do not lose your relics. Relics are applied to the pet not the stone.
So to make sure I'm 100% correct, we can unbind our meta stone from say our lvl7 dragon, not lose his relics (as those are bound to dragon and not meta stone), and rebind the stone to another meta for 5 days etc.

I definitely need another meta stone for my meta steed so it would be nice to know I don't have to spend the next week or two farming gold for a 2nd stone to apply his relics :)

Swayze

Grandmaster
So to make sure I'm 100% correct, we can unbind our meta stone from say our lvl7 dragon, not lose his relics (as those are bound to dragon and not meta stone), and rebind the stone to another meta for 5 days etc.

I definitely need another meta stone for my meta steed so it would be nice to know I don't have to spend the next week or two farming gold for a 2nd stone to apply his relics :)

correct. However, I don't think that 5 day cooldown is set in stone.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Wait, wait, wait....

Am I to understand that factioners can use wands on people not in factions, but people not in factions can't use them at all?

Did I miss something?

Is this correct?

Swayze

Grandmaster
Wait, wait, wait....

Am I to understand that factioners can use wands on people not in factions, but people not in factions can't use them at all?

Did I miss something?

Is this correct?

factioners can use wands against only other factioners hence:
  • Faction only wands are now being dropped on monsters

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
Things I think that would improve PVP:

1. A way to stop the endless running -- whether it be bolas(that slow) or mount fatigue, the fact you can run from britain to yew and back to britain is ********. There needs to be a forced engage so that two groups have a reason to not simply run from PVP as the best tactic.

why does the staff completely avoid the topic of mount fatigue and running problem in pvp? it seems to be brought up constantly and I don't think I've ever seen staff reply to it at all whether good or bad, but maybe it's possible I missed a post. maybe it's really hard to code mount fatigue?

all wands are going to do is spawn a million new uber leet hotkey macro script bullshit to rotate out 10 different wands to machine gun you to death while running and throwing purple pots on top of it

one more reason not to do factions !

and yes it seems OP if a faction red for example is trying to PK a blue, and the blue fights back.... can the red faction guy still use a heal wand on himself? blue guy can't use heal wand, but red guy can = op

Sandman

Grandmaster
why does the staff completely avoid the topic of mount fatigue and running problem in pvp? it seems to be brought up constantly and I don't think I've ever seen staff reply to it at all whether good or bad, but maybe it's possible I missed a post. maybe it's really hard to code mount fatigue?

all wands are going to do is spawn a million new uber leet hotkey macro script bullshit to rotate out 10 different wands to machine gun you to death while running and throwing purple pots on top of it

one more reason not to do factions !

and yes it seems OP if a faction red for example is trying to PK a blue, and the blue fights back.... can the red faction guy still use a heal wand on himself? blue guy can't use heal wand, but red guy can = op

It's literally only brought up by shit eqms members.

drasked

Grandmaster
Like people have mentioned, we are trying this out. Obviously if it doesn't work, we can write a few lines of code and remove all wands.

Let's not bash it until we have actually tried it. Personally I don't like wands but if it works then great.

I think wands should show what spell is being cast, like normal spells.

Caso

Grandmaster
So who has written a script for explode lightning weaken wand dumps? They are very fun to be instant killed via a 1 button script.

The skill is in writing the script :) not pressing the button in game.

lollo

Grandmaster
So who has written a script for explode lightning weaken wand dumps? They are very fun to be instant killed via a 1 button script.

The skill is in writing the script :) not pressing the button in game.

...and when are they gonna remove target macros?????!!!

grossghost

Novice
Eh, I think wands are just adding unnecessary complexity. They're just another couple items I have to carry and a few more hotkeys I have to press and a couple changes I have to make to macros. I mean, in my opinion, wands do add complexity that can make fighting outnumbered better, but they also benefit zerging (depending on how they're implemented, haven't seen here yet).

It seems to me like it's a way to appease players that want wands, but without making any effort to solve a bigger issue in the game - that a lot of the time group fights don't happen between equal sized groups. Group fighting with larger groups is okay when they have one, maybe two more people, but if they have a shit ton more it's not even worth going out. Don't get me wrong, I don't really have a problem with that, because that's how it's always worked in UO and open world combat.

But why can't we have a "battleground" where elite groups of factioners have to enter in equal numbers and fight it out? I mean, it wouldn't have to be the end-all of factions but it could be a place where people looking for equal numbered group fights could actually be guaranteed an even fight. I actually kind of liked an corps idea of the battle for wind because it meant that at certain times during the day you could get an even faction fight if you wanted to. Battle for wind wasn't perfect or even good really in practice, but I feel like even I could have made it better, so maybe the team here could too.

grossghost

Novice
I guess what I'm getting at is that I really don't think that wands are going to help the server on the whole. It wasn't really broken to where it needs wands so why use wands to fix it? It's just going to make hardcore players better and further confuse newcomers without solving any real problem. Groups don't kite hardcore when they're fighting even numbers, so how do wands really help the average player?

Also, how is it balanced? If I'm solo on a mage am I going to be fighting lumberjacks that can take half my life in a hit, another 25 damage with an explo pot, half my mana, use gheal wands and all I get is an extra lightning? I mean, add wands by all means, but are they going to have at least some semblance of balance?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord_Puffy

Grandmaster
eppy - Today at 2:00 PM Patch Notes:
  • Ethic removal fixed we think --Hero/Evil not being removed bug
  • Archway cant be used while flagged and in factions
  • Firehorns are slightly harder to resist
  • Faction only wands are now being dropped on monsters
  • Discording a creature is now a harmful action
  • Halloween monsters added
  • Instruments can now be made of hued wood and can be slayers
  • Mana regen is no longer penalized for > 100 intelligence(edited)
  • Metastones can now be unlinked every five days
  • Teleporters now refresh house

Swayze 1:56 PM:

• Added vet and lore to entry skill book
  • fixed checkbox on entry skill book. Resist and Animal Lore was reversed
  • fixed runebook copy pen. When you copied a book and moved that copied book in the same container it would disappear
  • changed paralytic venom relic's color to prevent scam of QS relic
  • added friend increase deed for houses
  • fixed tmap book lock down bug
  • fixed gorde statue, now effect only lasts 15 seconds instead of infinite
Not sure what all was done but my archway is buggy, it doesn't work at all sometimes and the only thing I flagged on were mobs.

Not sure why if a mob hits me I can't use my archway. Anyone else experienced this buggy flag issue yet?

tankian

Grandmaster
With the new wands in, in last 2 days i haven't seen a single id wand drop. Anyone else not see any either or can confirm that they do still drop