UO current wiki

RLsquared2

Neophyte
I'd like to know were people get their information on how skills spells stats work in this game. I'm not sure if i can trust UOstrat or uoguide since they have information on stuff that is not on this server.
For example Inscription doesnt have the dmg bonus here. Taking this in consideration I dont want to be misinformed after doign research. I just started a week ago so sorry if the answer is very simple I .....I just saw "wiki" next to streams and members...
okay lol....

aIck

Grandmaster
Yea, sadly there are quite a few things that don't work like they used to in official/other shards and these changes are not documented at all. You can use the forum search function to find out about stuff though, as the wiki is at the moment quite lacking in everything.

RLsquared2

Neophyte
Its very tedious to build a character not knowing the mechanics. I don't know who to trust with information I find about this server. Been a noob is rough on this server.

BeerJedi

Grandmaster
Its very tedious to build a character not knowing the mechanics. I don't know who to trust with information I find about this server. Been a noob is rough on this server.
I will respectfully disagree. I've not played UO in ages, and never was "an expert". I do prefer googling for info, but I have found with this server that new toons and playing is refreshing.

1. i don't kow everything so there is discovery
2. everyone i've run into seems to be extremely helpful (minus the PKs that just steam roll me, but hey can't be perfect)

RLsquared2

Neophyte
I will respectfully disagree. I've not played UO in ages, and never was "an expert". I do prefer googling for info, but I have found with this server that new toons and playing is refreshing.

1. i don't kow everything so there is discovery
2. everyone i've run into seems to be extremely helpful (minus the PKs that just steam roll me, but hey can't be perfect)

Its fine you have your opinion but look at their own wiki page.. its EMPTY. Sounds like you have had better luck meeting people. I had a guy first day I started gate me to a "safe spot" in a dungeon, when I asked for a port to vesper. I then had a guy say," come to my house I have some armor I dont need." He pks me.. I saw that coming but ...I thought if I dont put myself out there I'll never make friends! lol.

But, my post refers to the mechanics in game yah I'm having fun but, I dont know how different this server is from the real UO.

BeerJedi

Grandmaster
Wow - we have had very different experiences. I'm happy to help if I can. though i can't answer mechanic questions. I'm just going through the more classic of .. lets see if this works... OH CRAP!! NOPE NOPE!! that didn't work. :D