UOF won't fully download on my Win 8.1

Violet Angel

Neophyte
Hi ! :) I've been trying to get UOF to download onto my new laptop that has Windows 8.1, but it keeps crashing. Not quite sure what's causing it or if anyone else has had a similar problem. Any advice on how I can get UOF to work on my Windows 8.1 is much appreciated ! Thanks so much in advance :)

Violet Angel

jwilkinson84

Apprentice
Under the UOF icon right click and go to properties. Check the check box "Run this program in compatibility mode" for ether Windows 7 or XP SP3. Also, check the box "Run this program as an administrator". I would check 'Disable Visual themes" as well for smooth game play.

Last edited by a moderator:

Violet Angel

Neophyte
Under the UOF icon right click and go to properties. Check the check box "Run this program in compatibility mode" for ether Windows 7 or XP SP3. Also, check the box "Run this program as an administrator". I would check 'Disable Visual themes" as well for smooth game play.
I can't even get it to download the program so it can install onto my computer. It gets about halfway and then crashes. Not sure if the file is corrupt ??? I downloaded winRar first, then tried downloading the UOF client. The UOF client is where I'm having issues. I've tried 5 times to download it and every time it will get halfway and crash. Getting so frustrated with it bc I haven't played UOF in about 6 months and want to start playing again :)

jwilkinson84

Apprentice
I can't even get it to download the program so it can install onto my computer. It gets about halfway and then crashes. Not sure if the file is corrupt ??? I downloaded winRar first, then tried downloading the UOF client. The UOF client is where I'm having issues. I've tried 5 times to download it and every time it will get halfway and crash. Getting so frustrated with it bc I haven't played UOF in about 6 months and want to start playing again :)

Did you try to downloading to a different location on your computer? Try downloading it with a different browser? I would check UAC "user account controls" on your computer as well. That can cause some issues with certain files.

Violet Angel

Neophyte
UOF_Client_2013.rar: Unexpected end of archive. This is the message I keep getting when I try to download the client. It will download it almost all the way and then does that. I have tried everything suggested but for some reason it isn't working. Guess I need to try and find my old UO discs and try it that way instead. Thanks for everyone's help :)

jwilkinson84

Apprentice
UOF_Client_2013.rar: Unexpected end of archive. This is the message I keep getting when I try to download the client. It will download it almost all the way and then does that. I have tried everything suggested but for some reason it isn't working. Guess I need to try and find my old UO discs and try it that way instead. Thanks for everyone's help :)

Not sure if this will help or not.

• Step 1: Run WinRAR program and browse to the drive or folder where your corrupt RAR file is present
  • Step 2: Select the RAR file and click on “Repair” button from the tool bar
  • Step 3: A window pops-up choose, “Treat corrupt archive as RAR” option
  • Step 4: In case if you get a “Suspicious Entry” popping up, then select All, you may encounter this message several times while the repair process
  • Step 5: After completion of the repair process, click on close
  • Step 6: To extract your files, select your new rebuilt archive
  • Step 7: Next, choose commands->Extract without confirmation, the files start to get extracted
I have downloaded UO from different sites that seem to work with UOF. You will have to get Razor or UOSteam if you downloaded it from a different site.

jwilkinson84

Apprentice

Any luck on getting it to download?

halygon

Grandmaster
I have win8.1 and have no problems. I just downloaded the UO client from UO.com (classic client) and updated it. Then just install uosteam or razor.

DaddyB

Master
i have same problem, it stop at around 8 - 12% downloaded but then it stops, tryd evry other windows copatible crap thing but still nothing, im verry bad at this stuff but would like to start playing again! bah this is frustrating :s

crazy-horse

Master
Try turning off you antivirus while you install UOF. I know AVG will prevent it from loading, I'm guess others will too.

SpyderBite

Expert
I had this problem in Win 7 Pro initially. I resolved it by closing all running apps such as Dropbox, OneDrive, etc. I also had to wait for my firewall (Windows) to ask me if I wanted to allow UOFLauncher access. Then the download completed successfully.