UOS Program Box

Megabug

Journeyman
I am trying to get to use UOSteam but I have a problem with how small the programs box is, not the actual game but the UOS Box. I can't click and drag it out to the side to make it bigger. It is just small and I literally cannot read anything on it. For example the top line of different settings, I only see ...ral, ...ns, ...eyes, ect. Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks!

Young Star

Grandmaster
So yours doesn't look like this?
DU0kdO6.png

Can you see what version of steam you have?

Megabug

Journeyman
Glasses [emoji106]
Yes the glasses will remove the ...'s and create a normal word like Young Star's is showing lol. Might need glasses to see the img I am about to upload
So yours doesn't look like this?
DU0kdO6.png

Can you see what version of steam you have?
I am trying to upload a pic right now, having some problems. But I have the same version as you do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Megabug

Journeyman
Screen.gif

Finally got it, but thats what it looks like, ...ral for General. Click on it and it get's bigger and easier to read.

Last edited by a moderator:

Megabug

Journeyman
wow i could use some glasses too what fuckin size is that desktop lol the uo window is almost a icon
My Laptops display settings are at 3840x2160. I went and changed that setting to 1980x1200/1080 and it works a lot better but the new problem is I get an error message during login after I click to login to the server right before character selection it says "The client could not attach to the game server. It must have been taken down, please wait a few minutes and try again.

Young Star

Grandmaster
You may need to try running US in compatibility mode. Looks like you have a 4k monitor and Windows isn't scaling it properly. Did you customize font sizes to be bigger in your display settings? That may also be why the scaling doesn't fit right. I have played on one before and didn't have that problem but that was with 27" screens.

Megabug

Journeyman
You may need to try running US in compatibility mode. Looks like you have a 4k monitor and Windows isn't scaling it properly. Did you customize font sizes to be bigger in your display settings? That may also be why the scaling doesn't fit right. I have played on one before and didn't have that problem but that was with 27" screens.
Yes I had the font sizes bigger because if I didn't have it zoomed in like that, then I would need a magnifying glass not glasses in order to read anything. So I made my display settings smaller and then un-zoomed and made the font smaller which made everything work better. Actually fixed my LoL in game display as well.
At that higher display setting, if I zoomed all the way out the box would work but like I said it was impossible to read because of how small it was.

Tman

Novice
I'm having a similar issue. I have a 4k monitor but no matter the resizing options, running as an administrator, or even compatibility for Windows 7 it still shows up like below. The scaling does nothing to effect the size of the UOS screen. Any solutions? Thanks.
Untitled.png

Young Star

Grandmaster
You try lowering your resolution to see if it changes? Wondering if toggling to a lower res and back will get it to re-adjust. You have any other custom sizing going on? I see your shortcuts are pretty big.

Tman

Novice
The UO Client and UOS client are very small because they do not adjust to my screen size. My resolution is 3840x2160. I tried lower resolutions and no change. The UOS client is still mashed together.