UOSteam crashing when I try to start UO

darthdeus

Journeyman
I have 64bit Windows 10 with the UO version downloaded from UOForever (if that's relevant).

When I click "Start" in UOSteam I get the following error

BlZOgdZ.png

I've checked the actual DLL library (Qt5Network.dll) and it does in fact contain the missing symbol. I also tried using the .dll from another person's install which was working for him, and I also tried installing the same version of UOSteam as he was running.

I also checked my system for Qt5Network.dll and it doesn't seem to be in any of the system directories, but I'm not a Windows developer (main experience with UNIX), so I'm not sure if I didn't miss anything. I also tried to use Dependency Walker to check the UOS.exe and in fact it showed the same path for Qt5Network.dll as is in the screenshot.

I also tried reinstalling UO and everything around it from scratch, and rebooting my system.

I'd really appreciate any tips/things to try. Does anyone know how to get in touch with the UOSteam developer (or anyone else has experience with Windows dev and willing to help me debug this)?

I did have a developer install of Qt5, but it is now gone from my system, so I don't suspect that's what is causing the issue, but still I thought I'd mention it.

darthdeus

Journeyman
In the end I solved this by completely reinstalling Windows (my dev setup usually breaks a lot of things). It sounds difficult, but only took about 15 minutes to do a completely clean reinstall (my data is on another harddrive, so I just lost installed programs), and then another 15-30 minutes to install most of the things back.

You can speed this up by pre-downloading things you will need, so that you don't have to waste time after the reinstall.