Well done Niola.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrenalin

Neophyte
I should have known better. Gotta love scammers.

I was trying to save money to place the smallest max storage house, while avoiding dungeons during ....whatever

Anyway, after playing here just over a month I have a about 200k towards that house, and then get an Animal Taming SS +1 and this guy scams me out of it. I know, all the blame is on me for expecting someone.... just one person to be honest in this game.

This is close to farewell. Flame me all you want. I'm about over the Constant PKing, don't get me wrong I played when UO when it first started but back then you could enjoy a dungeon for at least 30-45 min minimum without seeing a red. Not hating on reds at all, but there is a serious unbalance issue here. Blues are just about as bad.

I hear how easy it is to make money, not so much. I don't have a ton of time to devote to the game, but not sure I want to continue with this seemingly endless struggle just to get where what seems to be 80% of the people have been. I also read how people complain how easy it is to make money but apparently forget what it is like to start playing against other players who have played forever and have all of the bells and whistles at their fingertips. I don't expect to have what you have, but don't expect me to be able to compete while trying to build an account either.

The idea of returning to UO was exciting, but ultimately, its turning into a let down, not because of the game, but the people. Definitely not like it use to be.

Gedron

Master
If this is your first character, hiding and recall scrolls are your best friend. GM hiding and when you see a red coming, hide. When he goes to cast reveal, recall out. Not really sure why people have so many issues with this.

Bank your gold frequently, only keep what you need on you and only trade valuables at the docks. Stick to that and you'll do fine. You are just rusty bro, it takes time to UO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrenalin

Neophyte
Just hopped on another char, on for maybe 5 min, boom blue pk. Think I'm done guys. Say what you like. Oh and this was not in a dungeon.

S

Shane

You know, what is honestly much worse than your issue above, are these other servers that you go into dungeons and never see a red, and never see another blue that "may attack you".

What you are calling an error or failure is actually a success, the actual fact that you are finding it hard to gain gold because there is an army of ruthless killers out there is honestly great in my opinion.

You can find/hire some talented pvpers to help you/protect you.
You can join a guild so you guys have numbers VS whatever you face.

That's just two options for your issues off the top of my head.

Ultima Online Isn't for everyone i suppose.

BOGATYR

My first experience of UO was playing on dial-up on a private shard where all the top players exploited the game and the GM’s were useless (they later had to wipe the shard because someone stole all the gold from everyone’s bank). Getting killed while just standing around at BB was extremely common. Despite this I still think it’s one of the best games made, simply because you have the freedom to do things like this.

I completely agree with Shane. There’s nothing fun about getting killed, but it’s a lot better than running around by yourself on an empty shard with no challenge. If everyone could freely run around farming up millions of gold unmolested then you’ll just have a shard of supermen. Be creative, and be wary of other people, much like you would be in real life.

Evil Jezus

Expert
When they say they're quiting on the forums they really ain't quiting they just want someone to rub their balls for them to make them feel good...They always come back...ALWAYS

Status
Not open for further replies.